✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No it's according to the word of God

It is according to your interpretation of the word of God.

Since the majority of Americans approve of same sex marriage, this would mean a lot of Christians are ok with it as well.

So, should everyone life their life, according to your interpretation of God's word?

Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great, now I feel old. I've had that gif for years.
Don't feel old, just think of how many GIFs are out there, no way any one person can see them all. (now a computer might be able to see them all, but I'm not a bot & doubt you are also :) )
Besides, you're younger then me :D

Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The idea that you are "fated" to be with a particular person is faulty. We aren't supposed to live in fear that we married the wrong people. When somebody says, "I should have married this other person -- this was the person God wanted me to marry, and not the one I am with," that is incorrect. Abuse, infidelity, etc., aside, the person you married is the person God wants you to become one with. Why would Paul, for example, say that husbands and wives should love each other, become one, etc., if he knew that so many people were with the wrong person?

I just stand by Genesis 2.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just stand by Genesis 2.

I don't know what Genesis 2 has to do with it. At any rate, fatalism is generally considered anti-biblical by theologians, church fathers, modern churches, etc. I think it's likely you're misinterpreting something.

Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know what Genesis 2 has to do with it. At any rate, fatalism is generally considered anti-biblical by theologians, church fathers, modern churches, etc. I think it's likely you're misinterpreting something.

I don't know what fatalism means in this context.

Studied it pretty well.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what fatalism means in this context.

Studied it pretty well.

Fatalism is the idea that we are fated to certain things. So, the idea that you can "marry the wrong person" in anything but a colloquial sense, or that you "missed the train you were supposed to take," or whatever, or that it is wrong to petition God... these things are foreign to Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fatalism is the idea that we are fated to certain things. So, the idea that you can "marry the wrong person" in anything but a colloquial sense, or that you "missed the train you were supposed to take," or whatever, or that it is wrong to petition God... these things are foreign to Christianity.

Oh. I don't think blanket statements can be made in passing on this subject. Or writing off what I am saying as fatalistic so quickly like that.

And, hey, I'm 47. There is a very good chance my God-mate might not come for me.

Or choose to live a gay lifestyle.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh. I don't think blanket statements can be made in passing on this subject. Or writing off what I am saying as fatalistic so quickly like that.

And, hey, I'm 47. There is a very good chance my God-mate might not come for me.

Or choose to live a gay lifestyle.

Or worse: You think somebody is your God-mate, marry him, and then meet someone else who you think might be your real God-mate. Then you'd have to get divorced since you married the wrong person.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
No, I believe homosexuality is harmful as shown in the statistics above. Same as I would agree that infidelity and fornication would be bad for society.

But the statistically speaking, black people have a greater incidence of HIV infection than white people. Using the same logic you used to explain why homosexuality is harmful to society, being black must also be harmful to society.

How are they different?

Upvote 0

fargonic

Nov 15, 2014
✟14,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand the debate in 'choice'. I don't think it's a sin just to be gay as it is to practice it. With me being a heterosexual I obviously find woman attractive but with me being married I don't go sleep with them. Likewise if a homosexual is born gay, I don't see the issue. It's the practice that matters.

You are extremely lucky that God made you straight! Because even though you don't have sexual relations with "all the women", you can have sexual relations with at least ONE.

Unlike teh gayz who must be consigned to a life of total abstinence and no physical love whatsoever.

Too bad for them.

But good for you that God opted to make you "right"!

Congrats!

Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Or worse: You think somebody is your God-mate, marry him, and then meet someone else who you think might be your real God-mate. Then you'd have to get divorced since you married the wrong person.

lol no.

That is not the way it is. Or would be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol no.

That is not the way it is. Or would be.

If God wants you to be with the person you're with, then there isn't another person He wants you to be with instead. Don't worry about teh geys stealing away yours.

Upvote 0

fargonic

Nov 15, 2014
✟14,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh. It's a decision to stop the mind from thinking or fantasizing about whatever it wants to, whenever it wants to. It is bringing the flesh (mind, heart, body) into subjection to the will.

What a way to live life! If I had to WILL myself to find my wife attractive every single day of my life I'm sure I'd get tired.

And if I were to go home and tell her how hard a time I was having today finding her attractive it might make her feel bad.

I decided I want my will to be in line with God's will. God's will is not that I seek out and partake in homosexual relations with women.

"Look honey, it's been a hard day at the office and I'm really trying to find you attractive, if only because God told me to, so please, put on the sweatpants again and for the love of God please stop dancing so lasciviously! I'm trying to have dinner here!"

Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What a way to live life! If I had to WILL myself to find my wife attractive every single day of my life I'm sure I'd get tired.

And if I were to go home and tell her how hard a time I was having today finding her attractive it might make her feel bad.

"Look honey, it's been a hard day at the office and I'm really trying to find you attractive, if only because God told me to, so please, put on the sweatpants again and for the love of God please stop dancing so lasciviously! I'm trying to have dinner here!"

I don't know what you are twisting around.

I am confused about this post. And I've exceeded my 'argue' quota for the day.

If God wants you to be with the person you're with, then there isn't another person He wants you to be with instead. Don't worry about teh geys stealing away yours.

True! Sometimes I come to that conclusion myself, when I think about it like that. :)

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But the statistically speaking, black people have a greater incidence of HIV infection than white people. Using the same logic you used to explain why homosexuality is harmful to society, being black must also be harmful to society.

How are they different?
There are several diseases that affect different races differently. Black people have a higher incidence of heart disease than white people, white people have a higher incidence of sickle cell anaemia. Tay-Sachs is almost exclusively found among Jews...

There's a whole can o' worms that people never seem to consider when invoking the "increased disease because sin" argument to justify an anti-gay position. Turns out to be a recurring problem with ad hoc arguments generally.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.