Is Demon Hunter really a Christian Band?

ParaCristo

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Kansas City Area ,Mo
Visit site
✟105,976.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I bought their CD "summer of darkness" and I really like the type of music but, I really don't see any thing other than them giving thanks to God and Jesus in the credits, that would make me believe that they are glorifing God in their music, If anyone has some scoop on this I would really appreciate it. I love the riffs and the moshin' I just hope it's for the Lord!!!!

LondonsBurning

You Have to Answer to the Guns of Brixton
Aug 23, 2004
Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
✟7,982.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
They are Christian, but they are also cheese metal. I don't think people on here get what Demon Hunter is. It's a joke band made up by 2 guys from Tooth & Nail (Who are in the band) trying to exhibit EVERY IMAGINABLE METAL CLICHE. They are not meant to be taken as a serious act.

Upvote 0

VWPETE

Jan 22, 2004
Renton WA, school in Cheney WA
Visit site
✟1,238.00
Faith
Christian
LondonsBurning said:
They are Christian, but they are also cheese metal. I don't think people on here get what Demon Hunter is. It's a joke band made up by 2 guys from Tooth & Nail (Who are in the band) trying to exhibit EVERY IMAGINABLE METAL CLICHE. They are not meant to be taken as a serious act.

ware did you hear about that?

any way i get kinda anoyed when many of you on this board beleve that being a Christian artists they have to mention God in there lyrics. IMO that is not nessesary, yes its a good thing but its not always needed. I enjoy Demon Hunter....cheasy or not. I like to rock to them from time to time.

Upvote 0

Macewindu77815

I'm trying real hard to be the shepard.
Jan 5, 2004
Taxachusetts
✟9,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
LondonsBurning said:

Do you even listen to Christian music? Becasue if you don't, I don't think you need to come on the CCM boards and bash the artists....as for your "theory" unless you have proof of what you're saying, I don't think many people are gonna belive you...

Upvote 0

OneManArmy

Oct 19, 2004
steinbach, MB
Visit site
✟15,321.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LondonsBurning said:

oh man! are u really that bored man. Demon hunter is christian and they take their band very seriously. I don't know if u made that up or if u heard from a friend who knows a person who heard somewhere from somebody saying something about that, but believe me it's not true. I don't think anyone would believe it anyways.

Upvote 0

LondonsBurning

You Have to Answer to the Guns of Brixton
Aug 23, 2004
Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
✟7,982.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
Man you guys crack me up! Let's all tell LondonBurning what a jerk he is. Yay!

Macewindu77815 said:
Do you even listen to Christian music? Becasue if you don't, I don't think you need to come on the CCM boards and bash the artists....as for your "theory" unless you have proof of what you're saying, I don't think many people are gonna belive you...

Way to assume things about me cause I don't like the same bands as you. I listen to exclusively Christian music except for 6 bands (Fear Before the March of Flames, The Clash, the Ramones, Dropkick Murphys, The Damned, and the Who ) My collection is like 98% Christian, I've been a huge fan of Christian music since 6th Grade, and I have friends on the inside that confirm what I say is correct.

OneManArmy said:
oh man! are u really that bored man. Demon hunter is christian and they take their band very seriously. I don't know if u made that up or if u heard from a friend who knows a person who heard somewhere from somebody saying something about that, but believe me it's not true. I don't think anyone would believe it anyways.

I'm not quite sure how this means I'm bored out of my mind, it seems like you took the time out of your schedule to post in here as well. If you read my post again, I never claimed they weren't Christian, and I won't deny that they put work into what they do, but the point of the band is to be Cliche metal. I could say the exact same thing about whereever you get your information that proves me wrong, and I don't feel like getting into a battle of sources with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Macewindu77815

I'm trying real hard to be the shepard.
Jan 5, 2004
Taxachusetts
✟9,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
LondonsBurning said:
Man you guys crack me up! Let's all tell LondonBurning what a jerk he is. Yay!

Way to assume things about me cause I don't like the same bands as you. I listen to exclusively Christian music except for 6 bands (Fear Before the March of Flames, The Clash, the Ramones, Dropkick Murphys, The Damned, and the Who ) My collection is like 98% Christian, I've been a huge fan of Christian music since 6th Grade, and I have friends on the inside that confirm what I say is correct.

I apoligize then...it just seems that you normally come here and bash bands a lot...I was wrong... :doh: :sorry:

Upvote 0

Phil413

Legend
Apr 23, 2005
southern Illinois
✟28,483.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
xpunkskaterx said:
That fake band is true. They started off as a joke band, and they became popular so they decided to make another cd. If you dont believe us. Email the band and ask them

That's interesting, I really liked My Heartstrings Come Undone, so I bought the album. Pretty much like the whole album and have been thinking about ordering their first album, but if this pans out to me true it might effect my way of thinking.

Upvote 0

MoreInSorrow

Your tomorrow will never take you past My palm
Mar 17, 2005
✟2,233.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Phil413 said:
That's interesting, I really liked My Heartstrings Come Undone, so I bought the album. Pretty much like the whole album and have been thinking about ordering their first album, but if this pans out to me true it might effect my way of thinking.

Why would that effect your way of thinking? If you like it, like it. What's the big deal about them starting off as a joke,, then making another album because of popularity?

Upvote 0

DJ B.K.

But I'm Le Tired...
Jun 24, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Visit site
✟26,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
MoreInSorrow said:
Why would that effect your way of thinking? If you like it, like it. What's the big deal about them starting off as a joke,, then making another album because of popularity?

yea, joke or not. If one likes the music just for the music and not because they sound or look like something else, then it doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0