Is Creationism really so prevalent on this board?

Atheuz

It's comforting to know that this isn't a test
May 14, 2007
✟16,641.00
Faith
Atheist
As an Evolutionist and an Agnostic I can't take Fundamentalists or Creationists seriously. They have no idea how Science works and tries to debunk it with PRATTs continously. - But I do know that Fundamentalist and Creationists have been indoctrinated with their belief and their faith is steadfast, absolutely nothing you will say will change their mind on any topic regarding the literalism of the Bible, they have made up their mind and they need a revelation of some sort to see that they may be wrong, their answer isn't necessarily the right one and that not everybody who has the slightest deviations of beliefs or don't take the Bible literally has a one way ticket to hell.

Upvote 0

arensb

Jun 17, 2006
Visit site
✟22,175.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But I do know that Fundamentalist and Creationists have been indoctrinated with their belief and their faith is steadfast, absolutely nothing you will say will change their mind on any topic regarding the literalism of the Bible

Heck, Answers in Genesis says as much in their statement of faith:
No apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the Scriptural record.

Both scientists and creationists can agree to the statement "If the evidence contradicts the Bible, then it must be wrong." The difference is that for a scientist, "it" refers to "the Bible", whereas for a creationist, "it" refers to "the evidence".

Upvote 0

Mr. Sparkle

Oct 18, 2004
Baltimore, MD
✟15,144.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems lately to me that this board is more about "Evolutionists" and creationists having stupid arguments that lead no where and teach no one anything. It used to be that at least "Evolutionists" tried to carry out logical arguments and creationists at least tried to be nice to each other. But now I don't see much logic or kindness coming from either side.

Upvote 0

Atheuz

It's comforting to know that this isn't a test
May 14, 2007
✟16,641.00
Faith
Atheist
Please Stop Lying About Creationists.

Please Stop Misrepresenting, Lying About Science And Distorting Definitions Such As "Theory" And "Fact" To Fit Your Own Needs.

Also I wasn't lying, I've met a lot of Creationists who act in that way and talked to Creationists and Fundamentalists in the "fundie states" - Where they put up signs that Evolution is the tool of Satan and if you believe in it you're going to hell. Where they push their beliefs onto their children, persecute and force them to be fundamentalistic. Where they hate Atheists, Catholics and any other worldview that isn't their own. Where they put fancy stickers in biology text books explaining that Evolution is "just" a theory(Again misrepresenting and distorting the Scientific definition of theory) as if it was a bad thing ...

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Please Stop Misrepresenting, Lying About Science And Distorting Definitions Such As "Theory" And "Fact" To Fit Your Own Needs.

Also I wasn't lying, I've met a lot of Creationists who act in that way and talked to Creationists and Fundamentalists in the "fundie states" - Where they put up signs that Evolution is the tool of Satan and if you believe in it you're going to hell. Where they push their beliefs onto their children, persecute and force them to be fundamentalistic. Where they hate Atheists, Catholics and any other worldview that isn't their own. Where they put fancy stickers in biology text books explaining that Evolution is "just" a theory(Again misrepresenting and distorting the Scientific definition of theory) as if it was a bad thing ...

You see, this is called a stereotype or generalisation, I'd say it's worse than calling a black man the N word.

First, can you name 1 professionnal creationist organisation that condemns people based on their origins beliefs?
Second, have I ever condemned someone based on their origins beliefs?

Upvote 0

arensb

Jun 17, 2006
Visit site
✟22,175.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Both scientists and creationists can agree to the statement "If the evidence contradicts the Bible, then it must be wrong." The difference is that for a scientist, "it" refers to "the Bible", whereas for a creationist, "it" refers to "the evidence".

And just as I wrote that, along came a helpful poster to prove me right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mavros

Jun 18, 2007
Finland
✟7,823.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0