Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing that I found lacking when looking for sites that sell music, is I could not find a site where you could attempt to sell your Lyrics, or songs in unrecorded format. I can't write music, but I do attempt to write song Lyrics. There were one or two sites but they wanted you to pay hundreds of dollars to access their services, and there was no way of knowing if they were even legitimate. I would like a site where you can sell Lyrics not just recordings, and not have to pay to do it.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One thing that I found lacking when looking for sites that sell music, is I could not find a site where you could attempt to sell your Lyrics, or songs in unrecorded format. I can't write music, but I do attempt to write song Lyrics. There were one or two sites but they wanted you to pay hundreds of dollars to access their services, and there was no way of knowing if they were even legitimate. I would like a site where you can sell Lyrics not just recordings, and not have to pay to do it.

I know APRA ( Australian performing right's association ) takes care of the copy rights of songs and it does mention the lyrics. If you were to have someone put music to your lyrics then you would have 50% rights to the song.
APRA|AMCOS : About APRA|AMCOS

This is another site that talks about copy rights. I think you can register the copy rights for lyrics for about $50 or $60.
Copying print music — Copyright Agency

Arts Law : Legal information for musicians

Ive heard that you have to be careful as if you put your lyrics out there and someone can take them and use them and its going to be hard to prove if you haven't registered them.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just wondering, if you guys are still working on the song ... or have lost interest ... just have not heard anything.

I have got part of it so far. I am just trying to break it up with verse and chorus so that it can be transferred into a song. But I havnt forgotten about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeekingEden

Dec 20, 2014
✟7,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read your poem, and it's pretty awesome. You definitely need to start making these into songs! Even if you don't know how to play an instrument yourself, you can sing your lyrics, and have someone you know add music to it. Find someone to partner up with. When I write songs for Seeking Eden, I mainly write lyrics, and then Richard puts it to music and later teaches me how to play my own song. I wish I was good enough to do it myself, but we all have our own part to play :)

Upvote 0