✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I wrote a poetic song about my life since becoming a Christian I am interested to know if anyone out there has musical talent and could see if it was possible to use the Lyrics to make a song. Here goes the song, feel free to put music to it if you like. I have also been writing other songs, secular and Christian at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Palmer-Rhyme-Factory/668329299867824 if you want to put music to them.

Out of the darkness and into the light, ready for anything, ready for a fight. Then I met someone who turned me around, got me chasing shadows in my mind somehow. Descended to darkness and to despair, so messed up that I did not care. Then into the darkness a ray of light shone, urging me further urging me on. Taken up slowly I found my way, bought nearer to a better day. Yet stumble and trip I missed my step, still getting there but not there yet. Steadfast in heart yet broken down, taken to hell and messed around. Years felt lost, time moves on, changing my heart building a song. How times have changed sorrow now gone, ready for anything ready to move on. Prospered in life and in heart, moving forward just like a fresh start. No longer wandering like a fool, one day soon I will be your tool. Pulling up others from below, showing them love from you that I know. Sensible God, Sensible plan, quietly calling you into his hand. Never give up, never give in, even when you fall into sin. Days are ahead that cannot be known, filled with his touch, filled at his throne. Yet life now completed and full, no longer worried that I may be a fool. Out of the darkness and into the light ready for anything ready for a fight.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes that is the song/poem ... I will leave the direction of the music to you. God gives us all creative gifts, just do the best you can, better you than me in control.

You can change it around if you like to fit the music, so a chourus would be fine. I am just blessed that some one is willing to give it a go. Thanks a million.

Upvote 0

worshipgirl0410

Worshipgirl0410
Oct 28, 2013
Middle of nowhere Maine. USA
✟7,691.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No problem! I got the whole thing written and recorded but... the program I have on my laptop is not willing to work with the program I recorded with. So I am going to work on that some more. But I will have it done soon. Thanks for letting me do this for you! I love writing and singing music so you have no idea how thankful I am for you letting me do this for you.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey I should be the one thanking you ...

I have been doing a lot of poetic writing lately ... one of my goals is to write secular non-Christian songs to bring in money for the poor. Like write normal songs and sell them. Not as a way to make myself rich, but to bless the needy. I will be adding songs to my facebook page over time with this goal. If you ever feel motivated to write some of them up and try to sell them it would be good. But no pressure, I don't want to bother you. But you can see my other stuff at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Palmer-Rhyme-Factory/668329299867824

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟243,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

I wrote a poetic song about my life since becoming a Christian I am interested to know if anyone out there has musical talent and could see if it was possible to use the Lyrics to make a song. Here goes the song, feel free to put music to it if you like. I have also been writing other songs, secular and Christian at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Palmer-Rhyme-Factory/668329299867824 if you want to put music to them.

Out of the darkness and into the light, ready for anything, ready for a fight. Then I met someone who turned me around, got me chasing shadows in my mind somehow. Descended to darkness and to despair, so messed up that I did not care. Then into the darkness a ray of light shone, urging me further urging me on. Taken up slowly I found my way, bought nearer to a better day. Yet stumble and trip I missed my step, still getting there but not there yet. Steadfast in heart yet broken down, taken to hell and messed around. Years felt lost, time moves on, changing my heart building a song. How times have changed sorrow now gone, ready for anything ready to move on. Prospered in life and in heart, moving forward just like a fresh start. No longer wandering like a fool, one day soon I will be your tool. Pulling up others from below, showing them love from you that I know. Sensible God, Sensible plan, quietly calling you into his hand. Never give up, never give in, even when you fall into sin. Days are ahead that cannot be known, filled with his touch, filled at his throne. Yet life now completed and full, no longer worried that I may be a fool. Out of the darkness and into the light ready for anything ready for a fight.

Hi rob, if you dont mind i can give it ago as well. I had a quick look at some of your poems and i think i could put them into a song. I,m not the greatest singer but i like writing songs, which are like poetry anyway. Your style seems similar to mine or at least the words do. In reading the above one i keep getting a rap flow but you can make it what ever style. Is there any particular way or mood you want it in. You can sort of pickup the mood by the words anyway. Do you sing or play an instrument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi rob, if you dont mind i can give it ago as well. I had a quick look at some of your poems and i think i could put them into a song. I,m not the greatest singer but i like writing songs, which are like poetry anyway. Your style seems similar to mine or at least the words do. In reading the above one i keep getting a rap flow but you can make it what ever style. Is there any particular way or mood you want it in. You can sort of pickup the mood by the words anyway. Do you sing or play an instrument.

Hi steve - feel free to experiment - the songs are open source - you are free to do with it what you want. I just love the fact that you can join with me in expressing faith and life through music. As for style I would just love something contempory and modern, but anything is fine express your gift.

I did many years ago play the Guitar, but I have not played any music for years. I was never good at holding a beat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shawnavery

this space for rent
Sep 2, 2013
christiana PA
✟8,148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It would take a long time to build the site. But do any of you have any suggestions as to site features that could help you get noticed as musicians or creative people. I think I will do this.

I think if there was a feature that would focus on collaboration and sharing. As far as noticed possible direct links that could be shared and sent to a profile type .

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟243,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It would take a long time to build the site. But do any of you have any suggestions as to site features that could help you get noticed as musicians or creative people. I think I will do this.

That would be good. I am fairly new to this forum and i am learning how it all works let alone setting up a new facility to accommodate posts for songs which enable you to download music files. It would be good to have as sometimes music speaks louder than words.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟243,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
soundcloud.com
soundclick.com
reverbnation.com

there are a number of websites to upload music to and share with people already out there.

I know of sound cloud and i have some music on that site but was wondering if we can put it on this site as well so that people can have direct access. As we can put our favorite artists on it would be good to actually put music created by people on this forum.

Upvote 0