New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if they beat a pregnant woman until she miscarried and then threatened to murder their children, that's cool with you? Most people like police who follow the law.

Thats not conductive to removing her. I said I don't care what they do to remove them. But tear gas is conductive because it disables them. Rubber bullets hurt and disable which is conductive to removal.

That's unusual

The law is equal before all. You don't get a pass if you are in a wheel chair or if you served in the military. I apprechiate anyone who served in the military but I'm not going to give them a pass from obeying the law.

When the police use illegally excessive force.

If they used illegally excessive force it will be reviewed internally.

Do you have any evidence for this? It seems to me to be just conjecture.

Yeah in the article above it talks about them glowingly . . . a full half of them (self reported) have full time jobs. Wow I am impressed turns out half of them arn't lazy. Sadly the other half is. (And don't tell me they might be stay at home parents, because stay at home parents stay at home with their kids, not bring them to wall street to camp out in the cold.)

Now you have me curious, how *do* folks expect people to keep their jobs when the are gone from them 24/7 for four weeks or more? (And if the people are students in college, how do they remain so if they are missing all those days of classes for so long?)

Thats a very good question.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Now you have me curious, how *do* folks expect people to keep their jobs when the are gone from them 24/7 for four weeks or more? (And if the people are students in college, how do they remain so if they are missing all those days of classes for so long?)

Many of the OWS people are unemployed and have been so to the point of loosing their unemployment benefits.

Many are also students who graduated this past June, but have been unable to find work.

Others, we really don't know.

That being said, among the crowds are anarchist, communist and various others who will exploit the event for their own evil.

Eventually, law enforcement will have to remove them, and in fact, in Boston, the tide is already turning against the OWS demonstrators, who are costing the taxpayers money with free electricity, water and security. They're also costing local people their jobs and businesses.

Before Thanksgiving, the cops will be sent in by the over tolerant mayor to have them removed.

Jim

Upvote 0

underheaven

Jul 19, 2011
in a caravan in the sky
✟1,218.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hey if you want to link this little hippie gathering to the struggles of the African Americans and such then thats fine with me, but I think that's a bit of an insult to those who fought for such noble causes. Lets not forget that there are LEGAL ways to protest what these guys are protesting...they chose the illegal rout, THUS illegal protest.

Zombie » Is Occupy Oakland as Bad as They Say?
I see your title is ' Searching for Christ '......Not searching hard enough, I would say. For most Pharisees and ilk of the time, He would have been 'just a little hippie' .:doh: :doh::doh::doh::doh:. And you would have ignored Him or let Him take His punishment. [as He was illegal ]

Upvote 0

underheaven

Jul 19, 2011
in a caravan in the sky
✟1,218.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
dude, of course the officers where aiming in general at the protestors with tear gas and flash bangs. The flash bang was AFTER the initial injury, and also when your trying to disperse a crowd, a bunch of people grouping together like that is an unwelcome situation. As I have said time and time again, it was his choices that put him in the situation, stop putting all the blame on the cops who where simply doing their job.
I don't think it is simply a matter of blaming the cops,your whole attitude is of 'serves him right '.
Well we are coming to the stage in history where
most 'good people' will be illegal. I saw No violent criminals in this video,no weapons,and
unless the police are blind they fired on 'good samaritans'.:pray:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

underheaven

Jul 19, 2011
in a caravan in the sky
✟1,218.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You don't like the police very much do you?

Seems to be a problem with this whole culture--"police protect me, but if you do your job, I'll manage to always twist things so that you appear the bad guy". Last year when I had jury duty, I was surprised when we (about 120 prospective jurors) were asked if we respect the police and only 10 people raised their hands (they were immediately dismissed too.)

I have great respect for the police here in France,but they are being put in an invidious position from the
higher potitical powers ,forced into doing things they would rather not do [or lose their job ] and like most family men [women ] they will not take a stand until they are pushed beyond a certain limit. ........Just last saturday a protest of young Catholics at the Theatre de la Ville,Paris,against a horrid play by romeo Castelluci,which
degraded Christ,and where literally merde was thrown at His portrait,meant that they were all taken away and put in' garde a vue '...According to their advocat he was obstructed in every way possible from helping them .When he complained to the Police about their detention ,[ there was no violence involved, although they went on stage] which was put to the absolute maximum by law, they said that they regretted the situation, but were commanded from the highest position [the lovely mayor of Paris ]to keep them detained as long as possible ;
I must admit to admiring their courage,as they knelt together on the stage.

Upvote 0