Indigenous Peoples Day/Columbus Day?

For this holiday.....

• I don't know the history, and support it being Indigenous Peoples Day.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I know the history, and support it being Indigenous Peoples Day.

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • I don't know the history, and support it being Columbus Day

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I know the history, and support it being Columbus Day

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don't know the history, and am unsure

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I know the history, and am unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They were killed because their land was needed,. The excuse was because they were considered Savages, because they weren't white men. There is no lie here, just the self delusion of those who would rather see their deeds in a brighter light. But then again what tyrant doesn't want to look benevolent to history? My response would be NONE!
Yeah you're ignoring an entire race and continent here. If what you say were true then Caucasians could have just expanded east toward China. After all, the land they 'needed' was right there, and they were non-white, so they would have just gone east. Your oikophobic theory doesn't hold up

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
So the natives were lucky then? Any better luck and they might have been wiped out entirely.

This reminded me of an old man once telling me that African Americans were better off in this country because their ancestors had been slaves and they should be grateful because their ancestors were brought to this country during the slave trade. This old man then told me that black people should remember their place, so... there you go.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah you're ignoring an entire race and continent here. If what you say were true then Caucasians could have just expanded east toward China. After all, the land they 'needed' was right there, and they were non-white, so they would have just gone east. Your oikophobic theory doesn't hold up
Please keep it in context. The person who I responded to was refering to thias contenent.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
This reminded me of an old man once telling me that African Americans were better off in this country because their ancestors had been slaves and they should be grateful because their ancestors were brought to this country during the slave trade. This old man then told me that black people should remember their place, so... there you go.

Old bigots are funny. They say some of the most off the wall things. Some of them remember a time when it was legal to kill a person of color and they sit on their porch with a shotgun. Then they aren't so fun

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And this reminded me of an old man who told me that Bering Strait migrants were better before off before white people came along. He also told me that white people were created by Satan, so ... there you go.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.