Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Short men, and super tall men can relate..

Although usually super tall men are freaky looking. Since most of them have serious medial disorders.
Unfortunately, true.

464821-71c62ffc-041a-11e5-bdd8-9a096bbdd38d.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...gle-to-find-love/story-fnet09y4-1227371465365

Dharmendra says his height is taking a toll on his body.

“I few months back, I had fractured my hip bone. I got myself treated in Delhi. I have a plate in my hip, and I have to bear pain because of it. I have to use a stick for support,” he said.

If Dharmendra had a full time job, he might have found a girl but with his irregular income and deteriorating health no one is ready to walk down the aisle with him.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
He's 32 with the hip problems of a man fifty years his senior, and is lonely when he should be in his prime. God bless him.
One of my friends is a 6'7 girl and is gawked at and treated like a walking exhibition from a museum. On her college campus people are accustomed to her and respect her because she's an awesome person and a stellar volleyball player, but elsewhere her height is what people define her by first. That's true for him as well.

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
He's 32 with the hip problems of a man fifty years his senior, and is lonely when he should be in his prime. God bless him.
One of my friends is a 6'7 girl and is gawked at and treated like a walking exhibition from a museum. On her college campus people are accustomed to her and respect her because she's an awesome person and a stellar volleyball player, but elsewhere her height is what people define her by first. That's true for him as well.

Gotta be hard to be a girl and that tall...

One of my friends is an ex NBA player, he is 6'11" and his daughter is 6'5 and of course the first question out of everyone's mouth is "How tall are you?" They both just roll their eyes when asked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Goodness me. I'd hate to be that tall. Obviously, being an average height guy myself, a few extra inches would be lovely- 5'11 or 6 foot is pretty much the ideal height for men- but studies have consistently shown that there *is* such a thing as too tall, and that you become less attractive to women past a certain heigh.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Goodness me. I'd hate to be that tall. Obviously, being an average height guy myself, a few extra inches would be lovely- 5'11 or 6 foot is pretty much the ideal height for men- but studies have consistently shown that there *is* such a thing as too tall, and that you become less attractive to women past a certain heigh.

I find it hilarious though that for most women, height is a deal breaker.

I have plenty of friends that won't even consider a guy if he is under 5'8"... what is funny is that my female friends with this requirement are shorter than 5'8".

I ran into this problem when I tried to set one of them up. My male friend was successful, had his Masters in Engineering and was attractive but he was 5'7", my female friend was always complaining about how she couldn't find any nice guys, she was likewise 5'7". Unfortunately, he wasn't tall enough for her :(

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I have plenty of friends that won't even consider a guy if he is under 5'8"... what is funny is that my female friends with this requirement are shorter than 5'8".

I ran into this problem when I tried to set one of them up. My male friend was successful, had his Masters in Engineering and was attractive but he was 5'7", my female friend was always complaining about how she couldn't find any nice guys, she was likewise 5'7". Unfortunately, he wasn't tall enough for her :(

Lots of women do find height a dealbreaker, but so long as the guy is taller than the girl, they're often OK with it. It's also becoming more socially acceptable nowadays for women to date guys shorter than themselves, and it's quite common where I live. TBH, as an average guy myself, I'd never date a girl my height or just under. Petite women are where it's at.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I seriously doubt "most" women are that ridiculous. For those that are, it's their loss, sadly.

Many women are attracted to tall, dark and handsome men, (like me), but there are other factors that would be a deal breaker. If the guy is a jerk, or a raging alcoholic, or abuses women, etc., that would pretty much be a deal breaker. Maybe the tall guy in this story falls into one of those categories, and it has nothing to do with his height.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And he probably won't want her when her youth fades away.. And when you're a woman, that is typically pretty early.

Believe me, nature gives men plenty to be shallow about as well.

If women get to celebrate shallow culture, men can too. Anything less is not equality.

Short men look feminine to women, and aging womem look masculine to men.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gotta be hard to be a girl and that tall...

One of my friends is an ex NBA player, he is 6'11" and his daughter is 6'5 and of course the first question out of everyone's mouth is "How tall are you?" They both just roll their eyes when asked.

At 5'9 I am tall for a girl, but not significantly so. In comparison the friend was well over six feet tall by her 13th birthday. At college she didn't feel as awkward because her closest friends were tall, too.

As a reference point, the lady in the middle is the actress Jane Lynch from Glee and she's six feet tall.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8180391&l=9399b6f384&id=124331396988

They are all stunning, though.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I seriously doubt "most" women are that ridiculous. For those that are, it's their loss, sadly.

You obviously don't know women. I'd bet you a dollar that if you did a survey on women aged 18 - 29 that height would be a deal breaker. The guy MUST be taller than the girl in most cases, period. If the girl is 5'9" and the guy is 5'7" at least 75% of the time that is a deal breaker regardless of how "nice" or suitable the guy is. The girl won't give the guy a chance from day one and automatically puts him in the friend-zone

To be fair, as pointed out by MehGuy, males have their shallow points as well.

....but there are other factors that would be a deal breaker. If the guy is a jerk, or a raging alcoholic, or abuses women, etc., that would pretty much be a deal breaker. Maybe the tall guy in this story falls into one of those categories, and it has nothing to do with his height.

Obviously women don't look for alcoholics or abusive men those qualities usually come out later once the hooks have been set. On a related note, being a "jerk" is not an automatic deal breaker. If you are a successful jerk then you will never be short on women....

As for the tall guy being unsuitable. In cultures with arranged marriages, status is the #1 criteria. If he were rich or successful he wouldn't be having this problem.

I know in the movies the nice guy always gets the girl. In real life that isn't the case. A big criteria for women is "security" and you just aren't going to get much action if you can't provide or if you aren't at the appropriate status level. And from the article, I get the sense that he isn't much of a provider and that his problems detract from his ability to provide rather than add to them. I mean, if he were tearing it up in the NBA Shaq style he'd be drowning in India women no matter how big a jerk he was.

You can't deny that...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd say most women start dropping off in looks by their early 30s and sometimes even in their second half of their 20s.

A 33 year old women is probably just as unpleasant to a man that a 5 foot 5 inch man is to a woman.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd say most women start dropping off in looks by their early 30s and sometimes even in their second half of their 20s.

A 33 year old women is probably just as unpleasant to a man that a 5 foot 5 inch man is to a woman.

Hopefully you are being facetious?

It depends on context because an 18-year-old isn't going to be as attracted to women in their 30s as a man in his late 20s or beyond. A study a few years ago said that a woman's beauty peaked in her 30s. You lose some of the baby fat in your face and your features are more defined. My stepmom is in her 30s and if anything has become more beautiful. She's still carded, she's still hit on constantly, and people frequently think she's my friend. She's a doctor and she dresses age appropriately so it's not like she's a female Peter Pan trying to cling to her adolescence or carting the attention. We were having coffee outside of Urth on Monday and a random dude came up just to compliment her. It happens alllllllllll the time. I don't understand why people don't check for rings first. But anyhoooooo. I think men can also remain attractive for years, especially if they stay fit and radiate a positive attitude.

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0