Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,070,259.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Always nice to dwell with a pre-appearing bunch that is ready for the Lord to come at any hour. Those kind of people purify themselves knowing they do not know the hour in which will happen as a thief in the night.

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:39-40

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:2-3

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:7-8

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife.
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. - Luke 17

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,070,259.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Paul refers to that day to the Thessalonians as happening as a thief in the night...

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

Uh-oh... Now we got all kinds of Gentiles spreading all kind of miss-information regarding that day... In so much that the Apostle Paul has to revisit this in 2 Thessalonians

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition... - 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

Now, we have a clearer picture, with no date settings, of when the day will occur... Prerequisites...

1. Falling Away - As we are seeing today
2. Man of Sin Revealed - Wanting us to receive something scannable on our flesh
3. Restoration of Israel - Fullfilling the times of the Gentiles...

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Luke 21:24

I would imagine that the day is near and I would be awaiting the appearing of the "Man of Sin." Probably an innovated Elon Musk type guy who will think he has the dilemmas of planet earth all figured out. See... I am not date picking here... But pointing out such times as near, as I would believe Christ, Peter, John, and Paul would have worded it.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yeah when He comes for some it will be as if a thief came yet He is no thief. He came took what was His and left. Always watching always looking up always ready now praise GOD glory glory glory to Jesus

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟295,280.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Always nice to dwell with a pre-appearing bunch that is ready for the Lord to come at any hour. Those kind of people purify themselves knowing they do not know the hour in which will happen as a thief in the night.
Is it the glorious Return that you are expecting?
If so, there is much that must happen before Jesus appears with the armies of heaven. Revelation 19:11
ALL of the Prophesied things from Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 19:10, must take place first.

Jesus does NOT Return as a thief! That idea is quite silly and contradicts scriptures like 1 Thessalonians 4:16, where Jesus will be heralded by the Trumpet call of God.
It will be the terrible Day of the vengeance and wrath of the Lord, which will come unexpectedly; sudden and shocking the world. A Day of disaster for the Middle East region and of dramatic change for all the world.
This event is Prophesied and fully described in over 100 Bible prophesies, we Christians should know all about it.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,070,259.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Is it the glorious Return that you are expecting?
If so, there is much that must happen before Jesus appears with the armies of heaven. Revelation 19:11
ALL of the Prophesied things from Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 19:10, must take place first.

Jesus does NOT Return as a thief! That idea is quite silly and contradicts scriptures like 1 Thessalonians 4:16, where Jesus will be heralded by the Trumpet call of God.
It will be the terrible Day of the vengeance and wrath of the Lord, which will come unexpectedly; sudden and shocking the world. A Day of disaster for the Middle East region and of dramatic change for all the world.
This event is Prophesied and fully described in over 100 Bible prophesies, we Christians should know all about it.
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 15:16

And as far as changing the scripture the Lord warns...

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. - Revelation 22:18-19

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟295,280.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 15:16
Revelation 16:15 [not 15:16] is in parenthesis, in brackets, as it refers to the Sixth Seal event, which will have happened at least 10 years before Jesus Returns.
Matthew 24:29-30 and 1 Thess 4:16 prove that Jesus does NOT Return unexpectedly. Anyone with a Bible will be able to count down the 1260 days from the AoD in the temple to the Return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟295,280.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 50:5 & Jer. 51:50 They will ask the way to Zion, with their faces turned thitherward saying: Come; let us join ourselves to the Lord in a perpetual Covenant, never to be forgotten. Remember the Lord from far off and let Jerusalem come into your mind. KJV.
This verse is often quoted as an example of the gathering of the Lord’s people at the commencement of the Millennium. Apart from the KJV’s archaic wording, other translations put it exactly the same. What needs to be considered is; Who is it asking the way to the holy Land and when does this happen?

Jeremiah 50:4 tells us exactly who this refers to: it is the people of Israel, the Northern ten tribes and the people of Judah, the Jews. Isaiah 11:11-12
Jeremiah 50:6 My people are like lost sheep, whose shepherds have led them astray. They have run wild and wandered from mountain to hill, forgetful of their true inheritance.
Other than about half of the Jewish people, they are now in exile. So it isn’t the Christian church as such, but all the descendants of Jacob, whether actual or grafted in and only God knows who they are, [Amos 9:9] scattered among the nations, but they will be all faithful Christian believers in the one true God and all those that place their trust in the Lord Jesus for their salvation.

The prophet Ezekiel in chapter 37, tells us about the spiritual regeneration and the physical rejoining of the House of Israel and the House of Judah. In Ezekiel 20:34-38, he tells how they will be gathered and judged, then they will go and settle into the holy Land. But to enable this to happen, all of the holy Land must be cleared and cleansed and this will be done by the ‘Lord’s outpoured wrath’. Ezekiel 20:46-48 explains how this will be achieved – the Lord will kindle a fire in the Land, it will burn everything from the Negev northward. This will be the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, a terrible fire blasted out from the sun that will devastate the Middle East and will have dramatic worldwide repercussions. Isaiah 30:25-30, Malachi 4:1, Isaiah 66:15-16, 2 Peter 3:10, Zechariah 3:8

The prophecy that specifically tells us about the glorious Return of Jesus, Rev 19:11-21, does not speak of anything like this, His defeat of the Anti-Christ’s army is simply by the Sword of His Word, they are not burned up, as the birds and beasts feed on them. Matthew 24:31 states that: He will send His angels to gather His elect from around the world… they are those who refused the ‘mark of the beast’, and righteous Israel – taken [flown?] to a place of safety during the Tribulation. This is quite different from the many prophecies about the great second Exodus of the Israelites, who come back to their heritage in other ways; Isaiah 66:20, Isaiah 60:8-9, Psalms 107.
God’s promises to the Patriarchs will be fulfilled and their descendants will live in peace and prosperity in the Promised Land. Psalms 105:5-10 They will be a ‘light to the nations, displaying the Lord’s holiness for all to see’. Isaiah 49:6, Isaiah 66:18-19, Ezekiel 39:27-29

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟823,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See... I am not date picking here... But pointing out such times as near, as I would believe Christ, Peter, John, and Paul would have worded it.
Well, ironically, they did word it that way. They all uniformly taught the time WAS near.

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟823,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And we can say it is a day nearer than it was yesterday!
Which means we today can’t say it’s near without acknowledging that near can very well mean 2000 more years.

You and I have no scriptural authority to claim any greater knowledge of the ACTUAL nearness than the apostles had.

Last edited:
Upvote 0