Imputed And/Or Infused Righteousness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What is this teaching about imputed and infused righteousness?

We are accounted for as righteous by faith. That is imputed righteousness, right?

When the presence of the Holy Spirit, such as in living water, or Jesus blood, or the fire of God, and also our free gift of salvation is received, then it infuses justice and life toward God into our spirits and also changes the soul... True? God has transforming power, by His presence right?

Easystreet

May 17, 2006
✟3,713.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is this teaching about imputed and infused righteousness?

We are accounted for as righteous by faith. That is imputed righteousness, right?

When the presence of the Holy Spirit, such as in living water, or Jesus blood, or the fire of God, and also our free gift of salvation is received, then it infuses justice and life toward God into our spirits and also changes the soul... True? God has transforming power, by His presence right?
Remember that words are our avenue to convey meaning. Yes, if you are saved you are infused, or indwelt, sealed, sanctified, adopted, etc.

Gordon

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Imputed not infused.
I don't want to confuse imputation, and infusion. Righteousness was 'counted' to Abraham in Genesis 15:6, it doesn't say that 'Abraham believed in God, and he became righteous because of it'...it says counted. I believe that i am counted righteous in Christ, a bold statement if ever there was one from a sinner like me, counted righteous because of the work of Christ in life, death, resurection, election and imputation, this doesn't mean that i think that somehow i am righteous like Christ. My faith does not give me the ability to make myself right with God. No. For that i need Christ, and Christ's righteousness imputed, counted to me. I can't do it myself. Christ's righteousness is not the car that starts me on the road to being right with God. It is the car, the road, the journey, the destinstion, the petrol...you get the idea!

http://edsfalliblethoughts.blogspot.com/2006/05/why-i-love-doctrine-of-imputation.html

Upvote 0

Easystreet

May 17, 2006
✟3,713.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GKZ watch out CYG will smack you on the noggin with that smelly :sick: fish, he continually holds. And the weird animal on the right of his post I think might be a re-incarnation of Calvin, or it could be the results of eating tulips, it kind of turns some in to animals, if you know what I mean. I kinda think of RT Caltulipist as looking more like this:ebil: .

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
GKZ watch out CYG will smack you on the noggin with that smelly :sick: fish, he continually holds. And the weird animal on the right of his post I think might be a re-incarnation of Calvin, or it could be the results of eating tulips, it kind of turns some in to animals, if you know what I mean. I kinda think of RT Caltulipist as looking more like this:ebil: .
Gordon, that is not necessary. It is a subtle swipe at Cygnus (and Calvinists), disguised as "friendly advice". I thought you said somewhere else that you didn't think this was acceptable behavior. Shall I dig out that quote, so all can see here?

As for meanings of words,. "infused" righteousness is the teaching of the RCC. Are you a closet catholic?

Upvote 0

Easystreet

May 17, 2006
✟3,713.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gordon, that is not necessary. It is a subtle swipe at Cygnus (and Calvinists), disguised as "friendly advice". I thought you said somewhere else that you didn't think this was acceptable behavior. Shall I dig out that quote, so all can see here?

As for meanings of words,. "infused" righteousness is the teaching of the RCC. Are you a closet catholic?

Calvinistic Infusion:On the Relationships between Infusion, Regeneration, and JustificationDr. Michael SudduthMarch 18, 2001(RB Post)

You don't say - Apparently you are very selective in what you read which does not surprise me. Looks like you are wrong again, infusion is a word that can be used for a lot of applications, where did you go to school?
http://www.homestead.com/philofreligion/files/RBCalvinisticInfusion.htm

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Calvinistic Infusion:On the Relationships between Infusion, Regeneration, and JustificationDr. Michael SudduthMarch 18, 2001(RB Post)

You don't say - Apparently you are very selective in what you read which does not surprise me. Looks like you are wrong again, infusion is a word that can be used for a lot of applications, where did you go to school?
http://www.homestead.com/philofreligion/files/RBCalvinisticInfusion.htm
Nice try, Gordon, turning this into an attack on me, an ad hominem, questioning my intelligence, because you got caught with your pants down. Grow up.

Obviously I struck a nerve, any good Baptist would bristle at the thought that anything they said could be interpreted as leaning toward the RCC. Yet, if you talk about "infused" righteousness (which was the topic), you are agreeing with the RCC. Trying to expand the topic of infusion beyond the OP is a red herring.

The question was regarding imputed righteousness as opposed to infused righteousness.

The Biblical teaching is Imputed Righteousness. God imputes the Righteousness of Christ to Believers, and we are counted as righteous in Him.

Upvote 0

holdon

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,041.00
Faith
Christian
The Biblical teaching is Imputed Righteousness. God imputes the Righteousness of Christ to Believers

The sad part is that the Bible doesn't teach this nowhere at all. It is just human theology. But then, isn't theology human by definition anyway?

But please don't say: "The Biblical Teaching is" if it merely just some fantasy.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The sad part is that the Bible doesn't teach this nowhere at all. It is just human theology. But then, isn't theology human by definition anyway?

But please don't say: "The Biblical Teaching is" if it merely just some fantasy.
Oh? So what then, pray tell, is the scriptural teaching regarding righteousness?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. But not of Christ's righteousness.... That's what the bible doesn't say.
Inputation, by it's very meaning, is of something foreign to the one who receives it. If Believers are not imputed Christ's Righteousness, then whose righteousness is imputed to them? It can't be their own, else there would be no need for salvation. Whose righteousness is imputed to the Believer?

Upvote 0

holdon

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,041.00
Faith
Christian
Inputation, by it's very meaning, is of something foreign to the one who receives it. If Believers are not imputed Christ's Righteousness, then whose righteousness is imputed to them? It can't be their own, else there would be no need for salvation. Whose righteousness is imputed to the Believer?

No, imputation is: being considered as, held to be, reckoned. See Romans 4:8 for instance.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
For an answer to this assertion, which completely destroys it, follow this link, which is specifically granted access by the website itself.

Was the sin of Adam imputed to us? Was our sin imputed to Christ on the Cross? How then can you say that Christ's righteousness was not imputed to us when we believed? On what other basis than Christ's work on our behalf can we be said to be righteous before God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

holdon

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,041.00
Faith
Christian
For an answer to this assertion, which completely destroys it, follow this link, which is specifically granted access by the website itself.
I think both them guys are wrong. Fundamentally, to impute is to reckon something one has not. see for instance Rom 2:26
Was the sin of Adam imputed to us?
Not that I know of....
Was our sin imputed to Christ on the Cross?
Yes, in a sense that is very true.
How then can you say that Christ's righteousness was not imputed to us when we believed?
Because the bible doesn't say it.
On what other basis than Christ's work on our behalf can we be said to be righteous before God?
No other basis.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think both them guys are wrong. Fundamentally, to impute is to reckon something one has not. see for instance Rom 2:26

yes but what is imputed , it cannot be men's righteousness , they haven't got any !

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.