I'm really depressed.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So I just got back from my doctor. I weighed 443 pounds which is 13 pounds more than I weighed 4 months ago. I'm depressed because my insurance won't pay for any weight loss medications and bariatric surgery is my only option at this point. That's if my insurance will cover it. My doctor doesn't think that physical therapy will be effective as I can barely move around. But my doctor is right I should have done something about this 10 years ago. He said if I continue ignore my weight I WILL die from my obesity which was kind of a wake up call. I'm turning to God more now than I ever have in my life. I want the surgery to be covered and for it to be a success. I don't want to die in my 40s from something that can be prevented. Please pray for me.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry to hear that and encourage you to fellowship with others in various stages of loss and maintenance and commit the matter to prayer. Given the circumstances fasting is best if possible. You can do it. Don't give up.

~bella

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So I just got back from my doctor. I weighed 443 pounds which is 13 pounds more than I weighed 4 months ago. I'm depressed because my insurance won't pay for any weight loss medications and bariatric surgery is my only option at this point. That's if my insurance will cover it. My doctor doesn't think that physical therapy will be effective as I can barely move around. But my doctor is right I should have done something about this 10 years ago. He said if I continue ignore my weight I WILL die from my obesity which was kind of a wake up call. I'm turning to God more now than I ever have in my life. I want the surgery to be covered and for it to be a success. I don't want to die in my 40s from something that can be prevented. Please pray for me.

May the Lord open doors for you to undergo the surgery. May He bless you on your journey to weight loss. May He grant you perseverance and patience to stay on the path. We pray and ask in the Name of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus. Amen.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I pray that you will be given strength and wisdom, on how to lose weight.

Upvote 0

jcpartri

Oct 11, 2022
Maine
✟11,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Everyone's body chemistry is different, however, I had success going from 300 lbs to 230 (46 waist -> 38)
by doing the following diet: [Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor a nutrition expert. Just a brother in Christ who cares and has had success with this particular diet.]

1. No sugar
2. No wheat
3. No alcohol
4. No caffeine.

Now, the first two weeks are the toughest, but let me give you a word of encouragement.
After about a month, I had zero craving for sugar, and I could taste the natural sweetness in things like never before.
I did not need as much food to satisfy my cravings. My cravings in the day began to dissipate.
I actually began to feel human again, and my energy levels began to soar!
This is not a no fat diet, or necessarily a low calorie diet. You are trying to reduce your cortisol levels.

You may eat any veggies, milk (moderation), meat (moderation) you want.
I would have eggs and bacon several days a week.
My wife would make something called "Egg Roll in a Bowl" that was amazing.
The doctor I received this diet from lives in our area and wrote the following book on how we need to focus on Cortisol as well.

There is one rule. YOU CANNOT CHEAT.

Let me give you one more piece of encouragement. Once we know the resources we have in Christ in what He has done for us, and how he continues to be our sufficiency makes all the difference to aid us in the difficult decisions we face.

I will pray for you.

"Father in heaven, glorious is Your name. You are our resource and refuge. You are our source of hope. How little sometimes we understand that. We get distracted. Be Neostarwcc's light and hope. Bring to Him a greater understanding of who Jesus is and how He still intercedes for all those who look towards Him. May the name of the Lord be praised. In Jesus' name, the name You love. Amen."

Depression is a real thing. I myself have it, and sometimes, life gets very dark.
Here is a sermon by Sinclair Ferguson that many times encourages me and helps me in my dark times.
Hoping it will be a light to you.

- many blessings

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So I started taking the Phentermine yesterday morning. It's working really well at suppressing my appetite. But I'm experiencing a whole truck load of side effects one being insomnia. It's bad for me to only get 5 and a half hours sleep its just asking for me to go manic. But I want to keep the drug because its being extremely helpful. Anyway, I should know more about my bariatric surgery on Monday. I'm hoping its covered and it will be a success.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
So I started taking the Phentermine yesterday morning. It's working really well at suppressing my appetite. But I'm experiencing a whole truck load of side effects one being insomnia. It's bad for me to only get 5 and a half hours sleep its just asking for me to go manic. But I want to keep the drug because its being extremely helpful. Anyway, I should know more about my bariatric surgery on Monday. I'm hoping its covered and it will be a success.

If you don't get enough rest your metabolism will stall. Try to have a nap to boost your hours and track your sleep with an app or smartwatch and aim for 7 hours.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If you don't get enough rest your metabolism will stall. Try to have a nap to boost your hours and track your sleep with an app or smartwatch and aim for 7 hours.

Good idea I'll try taking a nap later today. Usually I fall asleep watching tv so that should hopefully work.

Upvote 0