• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm just sad all the time....

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have just been really sad all the time. Sunday night I had one of the worst panic attacks I have ever had, bad enough that I should have gone to the hospital, but I didn't. I sat in the church parking lot for about an hour and then I was headed to do who knows what, my state of mind was not good. I couldn't go home because I didn't want my family to know and I was afraid I was going to do something I would regret. I ended up sitting outside my friends apartment for another 1 1/2 hours in my car with my keys on my lap and it was only 25F deg out with a wind chill below zero. I didn't know what else to do besides call my friend who was takeing a nap so I left a message and asked him to please call me asap. Well he did call me and I went up to his apartment and we talked and I cried and before I left he gave me a hug. I'm finding myself faceing life and I have no idea what to do with it, I just shutdown when everything comes at me. I need prayer, I need a hug, and I need close guy friends to confide all this to that won't freak out over my struggle with homosexuality. I'm not sure why I'm shareing this, maybe I'm hopeing someone who lives close would read it or even someone that I know. I'm tired of being empty and alone, I'm tired of having nothing to come home to, I'm tired of struggling.....My Jesus, where are you?

tj179

Spirit filled
Nov 8, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟190.00
Faith
Christian
The best advice I can give you is that Jesus is right where he has been for years. All we need to do is repent, give our life to Him totally and he will bring you from the darkness you live in, into His light.
I spent 44 years in darkness, the last 13 addicted to crack cocain. I prayed many times for God to help me stop but it was not until I gave my life to Him that He pulled me from darkness. That very day was the last time I touched the drug that possesed my life for 13 years and that was 11 months ago.
God will hear your prayers while you are living in the flesh but will only answer when you give up the flesh and accept Him as your savior. This is when the Holy Spirit will dwell within you and offer you the peace and joy that His Word promises. This is when your mind will start to be renewed. This is when you can overcome the world and walk in the spirit. This and only this will ever fill that emptyness you talk about.
Today is the day for salvation. Why wait another minute when you can be free right now? If you have accepted Christ as your savior prior then resubmit to Him and start to use the spirit within. Walk according to His word. We are to glorify the Lord in all we do.
Love in Christ,
Tom

PS The Steelers probably didn't help you much this year:(
I am only about 40 miles from the Burg and they depressed me this year also. lol

Reactions: doofus125
Upvote 0

tj179

Spirit filled
Nov 8, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟190.00
Faith
Christian
(Quote)I'm hopeing someone who lives close would read it or even someone that I know.

See how God works;
I live 40 miles north in New Castle. IM me anytime you need a friend to talk to man. I am only about 1 hour away so maybe someday we can meet.
You take care of yourself. I will be praying for you and remember Christ IS the answer.
TJ

Upvote 0

CHRISTIAN COUNSELOR

BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN
Jan 18, 2004
✟130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Your message goes into elaborate detail about your symptoms but only gives a very brief reference to the source of your illness - homosexuality.Your symptoms are very typical,in fact the suicide rate among homosexuals is horrendous.That's one of the best pieces of evidence that God is right in condemning homosexuality.It is literally a lifestyle of death.Most homosexuals try to overcome their deep-rooted feelings of depression and feelings of being separated from others,by repeatedly going out and engaging in animalistic sex.Your message indicates that you are attempting to deal with your illness in a morally responsible manner.
If that is the case,you're now ready to take the next step - treatment.Large cities do have psychologists,social workers and psychotherapists who treat and cure homosexuality.You can conduct a search by making phone calls from your yellow pages directory.But one important word of warning - most counselors are very good at talking about problems but totally incompetent when it comes to solving problems.So what you need to ask the therapists you contact is if they cure homosexuaity.There are also some internet organizations that provide online help.Exodus International and Setting Captives Free are the two biggest ones.The latter is very spiritual.If anyone can help you find Jesus again,it will be them.You can not expect much help from God however until you make a sincere and concentrated effort to get rid of this death-producing moral illness in your life.

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wish there was something that I could say to make things better. I wished I lived closer. I know that God is there for you. I've been there with the panic attacks, the feeling lonely, the emptiness, all of it. If you ever need to talk, please pm me. There are people out there who care. You have so much to offer. So much to give. So much love to share. If you ever need a friend, please, reach out. I can tell from your previous posts that you really are a compassionate person. Hang in there and remember, if you need to talk, pm me.........

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
CHRISTIAN COUNSELOR said:
Your message goes into elaborate detail about your symptoms but only gives a very brief reference to the source of your illness - homosexuality.Your symptoms are very typical,in fact the suicide rate among homosexuals is horrendous.That's one of the best pieces of evidence that God is right in condemning homosexuality.It is literally a lifestyle of death.Most homosexuals try to overcome their deep-rooted feelings of depression and feelings of being separated from others,by repeatedly going out and engaging in animalistic sex.Your message indicates that you are attempting to deal with your illness in a morally responsible manner.
If that is the case,you're now ready to take the next step - treatment.Large cities do have psychologists,social workers and psychotherapists who treat and cure homosexuality.You can conduct a search by making phone calls from your yellow pages directory.But one important word of warning - most counselors are very good at talking about problems but totally incompetent when it comes to solving problems.So what you need to ask the therapists you contact is if they cure homosexuaity.There are also some internet organizations that provide online help.Exodus International and Setting Captives Free are the two biggest ones.The latter is very spiritual.If anyone can help you find Jesus again,it will be them.You can not expect much help from God however until you make a sincere and concentrated effort to get rid of this death-producing moral illness in your life.
Well, counceling is totally out of the question, been there, done that and it didn't do a thing......as for Exodus, I went to a couple of their meetings and ended up hooking up with someone I met there so I will never return to anything like that......my situation is between God and I, no man or organization can help me find Jesus because I already have him, I just feel like he's not here all the time. Positive male friendships are the one thing I do need in my life because I don't have them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bookman

Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟483.00
Faith
Christian
Doofus, I will repeat what I've said before: Just because you hooked up with another guy at Exodus is NO reason to give up on them. Frankly, Exodus is the one place where you'll find other guys who have gone through...and are going through what you're going through. I've been to the annual Exodus conference twice and found tremendous support there. I think the enemy himself has put a wall between you and Exodus (or other similar ministries) just so he can keep you in your current situation.

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Bookman said:
Doofus, I will repeat what I've said before: Just because you hooked up with another guy at Exodus is NO reason to give up on them. Frankly, Exodus is the one place where you'll find other guys who have gone through...and are going through what you're going through. I've been to the annual Exodus conference twice and found tremendous support there. I think the enemy himself has put a wall between you and Exodus (or other similar ministries) just so he can keep you in your current situation.
well, we are not going to turn this into a homosexuality thread, I may struggle with it, but it's not the issue with my growth in Christ.

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Things have gone downhill......I'm back where I was in september where I attempted suicide. The only difference this time is that my 2 friends know I'm not ok and my one friend is trying to spend time with me to build me back up......really that's what I need is someone to be close to and to be encouraged by.....I live at home and yet I don't even see or talk to them at all, they are just to miserable to be around. I'm realizing there is an emptiness in my life and everytime I try to fill it I end up bar hopping gay bars......I just want someone to come home to that I can talk to and be loved by them and that I can love them and be with them....not so much sexually, just someone to be with.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nico

Nov 29, 2003
I've been moving around a bit....I don't have a pl
Visit site
✟8,841.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't really have any advice for you, but I just wanted to say that I understand how you feel. I just moved to a new city and I have no friends. I don't have anyone to really talk to, and I have no one to touch, no one to touch me. My body is kinda craving touch, just a really nice hug would be lovely. It's hard on a person. Isolation can wear you down. I know also how you feel about dealing w/your problems between you and God. I'm doing the same thing. Man, He's my bestfriend, but sometimes I just wish He'd come down from wherever heaven is and let me curl up in His lap and just cry.

It sounds a bit like you know what you need--you know you need friends. That's a good start, you know? I too am trying to get some friends in this city (I feel so utterly pathetic when I say that), but it'd difficult. Sometimes I just don't really know how.

Upvote 0