✟43,870.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Disclaimer: just a rant of mine.

Ive posted about this before, but its not getting better. I dont want to go to hell (duh) but heaven really doesnt look much better. All I see are Christians going on about how they cant wait to worship forever at God's feet and I feel like crap cause tbh, that sounds horrible to me. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem worshipping att God's feet. In fact I look forward to it, but forever? Thats all we do? And its biblically backed as well that thats all we do?! I just dont know anymore. I dont want eternal pain, but I also dont want to be stripped of everything that makes me, me, and forced to do one thing forever. I just wanna stop existing at this point after death, cause neither option looks very good. Maybe im just not spiritual enough?! Idk, I just dont see why I should be excited about loosing all variety in life. Why should I be excited knowing that the things I love doing now (non sinful of course) will be squashed in the end?! Nothing matters! Cause everything I do will become useless, as im stuck in perpetual bowing and singing...idk man, whats the point? Why did God give me these desires to create, just to be like "yeahhhh nope, imma take that now". I dont understand!

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Ive posted about this before, but its not getting better. I dont want to go to hell (duh) but heaven really doesnt look much better. All I see are Christians going on about how they cant wait to worship forever at God's feet and I feel like crap cause tbh, that sounds horrible to me. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem worshipping att God's feet. In fact I look forward to it, but forever? Thats all we do? And its biblically backed as well that thats all we do?! I just dont know anymore. I dont want eternal pain, but I also dont want to be stripped of everything that makes me, me, and forced to do one thing forever. I just wanna stop existing at this point after death, cause neither option looks very good. Maybe im just not spiritual enough?! Idk, I just dont see why I should be excited about loosing all variety in life. Why should I be excited knowing that the things I love doing now (non sinful of course) will be squashed in the end?! Nothing matters! Cause everything I do will become useless, as im stuck in perpetual bowing and singing...idk man, whats the point? Why did God give me these desires to create, just to be like "yeahhhh nope, imma take that now". I dont understand!
o_O :scratch:

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm afraid i'm not understanding the problem?
I myself have never 'heard' the LORD,
And Am struggling to fight for my soul.
perhaps your fight is your lack of a 'fight'?
maybe your battle is getting over self and acknowledging the LORDS will? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All I see are Christians going on about how they cant wait to worship forever at God's feet and I feel like crap cause tbh, that sounds horrible to me. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem worshipping att God's feet. In fact I look forward to it, but forever? Thats all we do? And its biblically backed as well that thats all we do?!
Being as God was creative enough to create earth and everything in its oceans and rainforests as well as the stars and the planets and everything in them, and everything between them in all the universe, I really don't think that Heaven is going to get boring.

I dont want eternal pain, but I also dont want to be stripped of everything that makes me, me, and forced to do one thing forever. I just wanna stop existing at this point after death, cause neither option looks very good.
Ceasing to exist would strip you of everything that makes you, you. And then some. You would literally be nothing anymore.

Why should I be excited knowing that the things I love doing now (non sinful of course) will be squashed in the end?!
We don't know that will happen. We do know that we as people will be upgraded. Who knows what upgraded things we'll be able to do there that we can't do here.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The next world will be like this one but without the consequences of the fall. The idea that you have pictured in your mind is not biblical. All that you get to enjoy in this life will be enjoyed in the next, but without sin, disease, and suffering. If not, what is the purpose of being resurrected with new bodies and living on a new earth? We are meant to live like we do here but without the negative effects sin. "Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:13). Imagine, then, this world, but without any trace of anything contrary to God's good will. We will get to eat and drink there, but with delight. We will get to play and have fun, but with pure aims. Even work, which is not a consequence of the fall, will be done with pleasure as to the Lord. It will be the return to original condition, if not better, of Eden.

If you really want to read something on this, I recommend 'Heaven' by Randy Alcorn.

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

This seems like a bit of a useless thing to post. I don't really get the point of posting this other than self-satisfaction in doing so.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Ive posted about this before, but its not getting better. I dont want to go to hell (duh) but heaven really doesnt look much better. All I see are Christians going on about how they cant wait to worship forever at God's feet and I feel like crap cause tbh, that sounds horrible to me. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem worshipping att God's feet. In fact I look forward to it, but forever? Thats all we do? And its biblically backed as well that thats all we do?! I just dont know anymore. I dont want eternal pain, but I also dont want to be stripped of everything that makes me, me, and forced to do one thing forever. I just wanna stop existing at this point after death, cause neither option looks very good. Maybe im just not spiritual enough?! Idk, I just dont see why I should be excited about loosing all variety in life. Why should I be excited knowing that the things I love doing now (non sinful of course) will be squashed in the end?! Nothing matters! Cause everything I do will become useless, as im stuck in perpetual bowing and singing...idk man, whats the point? Why did God give me these desires to create, just to be like "yeahhhh nope, imma take that now". I dont understand!H

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Hello friend, What makes you think you would be worshiping at the lord's feet eternally? Please show me the scriptures! lets untangle this.

In scripture, the lord has a variety of angels watching, worshipping, messengers, . Men made in the image of GOD will also worship but I think that number is limited it does not appy to everyone.

GOD is all knowing, he knows that you would prefer and take this into account. Show me in scriptures whare god forces someone to do something he does not want. My idea on this if GOD would encourage you to do the things you do best!

Please do not worry and put your trust in GOD!

Blessings.

JFF

• Agree
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

All we will do is worship God?

No, it will not be unlike Eden before the fall with the new heavens and earth He will create. We will have an appointed time (Sabbath) when He moves the heavenly sanctuary to the new earth to go worship ...but otherwise enjoy His new creation in a world without sin! AMEN!!!

Upvote 0