Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw a bit of that website today and I think my first thought was wow this person is really misguided. But I guess in some ways I am a little fearful. I know my personal testimony could never be destroyed and lead me to lack faith in God's existance, but I guess that kind of thing does make me wonder where they got their information from.
I guess I just need christian guideance at this time and reasurance in christ

*Sorry, i didn't mean to post this question twice.

Last edited:

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I saw a bit of that website today and I think my first thought was wow this person is really misguided. But I guess in some ways I am a little fearful. I know my personal testimony could never be destroyed and lead me to lack faith in God's existance, but I guess that kind of thing does make me wonder where they got their information from.
MY DEAR SISTER,

i checked the Site you mentioned and even read some of it. i am somewhat amazed that this type of garbage could have any impact at all on your faith--let alone cause you to become "a little fearful."

It is quite obvious "where they got their information from"--the father of lies himself--satan. What they have done is what militant unbelievers and heretics have done for centuries--take a series of minor truths and use them to sugar-coat a bunch of major lies, innuendoes, and negative aspersions so that biting into the minor "truths" causes the credulous to consume the lies at the same time without noticing what has happened. This ploy has worked for satan since the Garden and it continues to work today. DO NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP!

Our Christian faith is based upon our personal relationship with Jesus Christ. To build your faith to the point where this kind of heretical trash won't phase you, CONCENTRATE ON BUILDING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. As a baptised Christian (i am assuming) you have been gifted with the Holy Spirit residing in your heart. Focus 24/7 on this living Reality within you until you feel yourself consumed by it. THEN you will be forever safe from satan and his lies.

In the meantime--until your faith has grown and been strengthed--stay away from these types of web sites--and there are many. At this point in your Christian walk, anything that causes you any amount of doubt or fear is very dangerous. Follow strictly Paul rule: "Finally, whatever things are TRUE, whatever things are NOBLE, whatever things are JUST, whatever things are PURE, whatever things are LOVELY, whatever things are OF GOOD REPORT, if there is any VIRTUE and if there is anything PRAISEWORTHY--MEDITATE ON THESE THINGS."(Philippians 4:8)

MAY OUR LORD BLESS AND KEEP YOU!
ephraim

Upvote 0

rogsr

May 5, 2004
✟1,050.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Peace,

You need to eat more Chinese food. I received great wisdom from a fortune cookie which said, "doubt is not the end but the beginning of faith." Anyone on a spiritual journey will confess to you that they have experienced periods of great doubt...and even the greatest doubt...but that it has only led to a more profound faith.

I would suggest running head on into your doubt and questions. Ask and you shall receive, knock and the door will be open to you. It may take a decade before you come through to other side but you will have accomplished a mighty task.

God bless and good luck to you.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"doubt is not the end but the beginning of faith." Anyone on a spiritual journey will confess to you that they have experienced periods of great doubt...and even the greatest doubt...but that it has only led to a more profound faith.

I would suggest running head on into your doubt and questions. Ask and you shall receive, knock and the door will be open to you. It may take a decade before you come through to other side but you will have accomplished a mighty task.
It's not easy, but is really worth it. Jot down three or so things that bother you, and look into them. Then go after a few more.

The site seems to address historical events, but neglects to include the historical events that do correspond with the stories. And the resulting exponential growth of the faith. Talk to people who grew up in these locations of Greece, Turkey, Israel, Egypt.

There was a great documentary, where someone tried to trace Joseph and Mary's flight to Egypt, and return. People all through the trail told of ancient legends of an couple with the baby being chased by soldiers, and sheltered by people who lived in their towns. Mosaics and paintings told the story of the escape, even though it was not a Judeo-Christian land.

Think about the people of early Christianity, one faith-generation after another. If the faith corrupted, at what point? If it never existed, then who were the gullible people who devoted their lives to a religion they knew was false? This growth had to start somewhere.

It is okay to be shaken once in a while. It makes us work harder on our faith, dig deeper, sort truth from opinion.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Claims on the site:

The first believers in Jesus maintained he was an ethereal spirit, much like other sky/sun-gods.
Historians and anthropologists consider the writings of the apostles just as valid historically as secular writings. The writings of Paul were letters that were delivered to real people.

Titus Flavius Josephus wrote historical materials during the early church years. He was a Jew and Roman citizen, not Christian, but wrote about the influence Jesus had in the area. (As a human.) Josephus' writings provided information for recent archaeologists to find Herod's tomb.

The site speaks of fabricated faiths of Judaism and Christianity. But read about the findings of archaeologists. Here is an organized list -- pardon the wiki reference, but it will also lead you to more authoritative sites.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_archaeology

Some examples:

Walls of Jericho 1550 BC (destruction of) N/a Excavated by John Garstang in the 1930s and dated to around 1400 BC; re-excavated by Kathleen Kenyon in the 1950s and redated to around 1550 BC. Bryant Wood's 1990 proposed reversion of Kenyon's dates to Garstang has not been supported by subsequent studies.

Shechem temple Late Bronze Age to Early Iron Age N/a Cf. the "House of (the god) Baalberith" in Judges 9.

Boundary markers for Gezer walls and city gate. N/a N/a 1st century BC Hebrew inscriptions found engraved on rocks several hundred meters from the tel read "boundary of Gezer."

Black Obelisk of Shalmaneser III N/a N/a The obelisk depicts Jehu, son of Omri, king of Israel, and also mentions Hazael2 Kings of Aram/Damascus/Syria (cf. 8–10)

Tel Dan Stele N/a Discovered as a surface find during a controlled excavation at Dan, a city marking the northern boundary of the ancient kingdom of Israel. The stele contains an inscription by an Aramean king describing his victory over two other kings, one of them the king of Israel, the other a king described as being of the "House of David". This represents the earliest known instance of this phrase from an archaeological context.

Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

*Sorry, i didn't mean to post this question twice.

Relax Orahh

That fearful feeling is the Holy Spirit telling you to stay away from such websites that only spread lies. The best you can do to console you is to pick up the bible and read a bit. That fear will go. :)

Upvote 0

Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
MY DEAR SISTER,

i checked the Site you mentioned and even read some of it. i am somewhat amazed that this type of garbage could have any impact at all on your faith--let alone cause you to become "a little fearful."

It is quite obvious "where they got their information from"--the father of lies himself--satan. What they have done is what militant unbelievers and heretics have done for centuries--take a series of minor truths and use them to sugar-coat a bunch of major lies, innuendoes, and negative aspersions so that biting into the minor "truths" causes the credulous to consume the lies at the same time without noticing what has happened. This ploy has worked for satan since the Garden and it continues to work today. DO NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP!

Our Christian faith is based upon our personal relationship with Jesus Christ. To build your faith to the point where this kind of heretical trash won't phase you, CONCENTRATE ON BUILDING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. As a baptised Christian (i am assuming) you have been gifted with the Holy Spirit residing in your heart. Focus 24/7 on this living Reality within you until you feel yourself consumed by it. THEN you will be forever safe from satan and his lies.

In the meantime--until your faith has grown and been strengthed--stay away from these types of web sites--and there are many. At this point in your Christian walk, anything that causes you any amount of doubt or fear is very dangerous. Follow strictly Paul rule: "Finally, whatever things are TRUE, whatever things are NOBLE, whatever things are JUST, whatever things are PURE, whatever things are LOVELY, whatever things are OF GOOD REPORT, if there is any VIRTUE and if there is anything PRAISEWORTHY--MEDITATE ON THESE THINGS."(Philippians 4:8)

MAY OUR LORD BLESS AND KEEP YOU!
ephraim

thank you, that was really helpful :)

Upvote 0

rockytriton

Jan 9, 2006
VA near DC
Visit site
✟7,803.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You need to eat more Chinese food. I received great wisdom from a fortune cookie which said, "doubt is not the end but the beginning of faith."

I know this is a little off topic, but this reminded me of something. A few months ago I got a fortune cookie which had a fortune that said "time is money." I have since lost all faith in fortune cookies!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I took one look at that website and lost interest almost immediately. What trash. This guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

This website is typical behavior from what I call the "bully religion." Atheism is nothing but another religion. And like other religions they want us all to believe their beliefs are absolute truths. But atheists want us all to believe that they are not religious, that they are somehow different from the rest of us; that they are better than those religious, old-fashioned, "uneducated" church folks.

Let me tell you something. Science is nothing more than an excuse for atheists to give their one-sided arguments against the Bible. They even make up a bunch of rules just to exclude any higher power from their studies.

They invade our schools and tell us all the reasons why the Biblical account for creation is a myth, but the government says we're not allowed to fight back.

And so they leave us with two options: 1. Look like an idiot and try to defend the Word of God or 2. Blend your religion with theirs, throwing the Bible out the window.

I don't care what the bully religion says, I know my God exists. And I also know that the Biblical account is the Word of God.

You see, Christianity is more than just a religion. Jesus called us to develope a relationship with our Creator. The Holy Spirit was given to us and grants us power. Through the Holy Spirit we can communicate with God and perform miracles in His name.

It is because of my recent encounter with God, speaking with Him, experimenting with the supernatural gifts He grants, that I know my God exists. And nothing these atheists try to stuff down my throat will ever convince me otherwise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.