TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would launch an investigation and trial on all politicians, and the criteria used will not be of the civil one, but scriptural one.

any politician who deliberately and actively not acting in the public best interest, will be punished severely and harshly, without any mercy, as their policy is making so many within society, especially those who are vulnerable, lives so much harder.

John Key is a prime example, he consistently deny and basically outright lied about Auckland and New Zealand housing crisis, refuse to do something about foreign investors, particularly the Chinese manipulation of our housing market.

If I am control, i would put John Key on trial and then put him away for a long long time, and confiscate his entire fortune to donate to the poor!

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Since the US is a Federal Republic, even as "ruler", aka President, there are checks and balances on power.

However, if that wasn't in place, and I were the "leader", one of the first things I would do is declare liberalism to be a social terrorist ideology and make it illegal. I would do the same thing for the KKK, NAACP, and any other race based group.

I would order and audit of all welfare recipients and if you were physical and mentally able to work, you would be dropped from the rolls.

Military spending would double, but I would also audit the cost/profit ratio of all companies who provide military equipment. They could make no more than 25% profit. I would also "clean house" at the VA. It should be a crime to provide such poor quality treatment to our veterans.

I would implement a 3-tier tax rate. If you make over $500,000/yr your tax rate would be double that of those making $10,000-$499,999.99 (or 40% compared to 20% of income). Anyone making less than $10,000/yr would only have to pay SS deduction. I would also separate the monies from SS from the general fund.

I would remove the "lifetime pensions" of the President and Congress. You don't need to serve two years and be paid for the rest of your life from the public coffers.

I would triple the duties and tariffs on all imported goods.

All good sold in the US by American owned companies would have to produce 80% of those good within the US. In other words, 80% of all parts and materials needed to manufacture goods would have to be made or grown in the US. Those companies which didn't comply, would pay a 100% tariff on those goods imported.

I disagree

the top tier rate should be set at 150000

I hope I have not just included yourself

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I disagree

the top tier rate should be set at 150000

I hope I have not just included yourself

I'm not going to disclose how much I make each year, but lets just say, whether its $500k or $150k, nothing would change for me. Make of that what you will.

If you included everyone making $150k and up in the top tier, you would kill the economy. Those are mainly small business owners and professionals, such as doctors. That's why I said $500k. They not only invest to make more money, but also to lessen their tax burden. Take away their ability to invest and you remove a huge section of economic growth. Go after what most people consider to be "small" investors, and you remove tens of billions of dollars from the economy. That tax money would then be wasted by the Federal govt., as the govt wastes most tax money.

Govt pork projects, redundant jobs (do we really need 20 people in the same office doing the same job when it would be more efficient to have 10, multiplied by hundreds of offices across the US?), Govt job overlaps, tens of millions wasted paying farmers not to raise crops, make-work jobs for "favors", etc., etc., etc. I could go on and on, list dozens, if not hundreds of ways the US govt. wastes taxpayer money, spending hundreds of billions of dollars wastefully.

Did you know you could seize every dollar, of every person making more than $50,000/yr, and still not make a dent in the deficit? The top 10% already pay more than 80% of all income taxes. The bottom 5% actually pay nothing. So, that leaves the remaining 85% of income earner paying only 20% of income taxes.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am going to read a book by Ben Carson 'gfited hands'. I heard he was a presidential candidate for the US. Along with Donald Trump.

But, I'm not going to read any of Donald Trumps books. I already have an idea of what he stands for.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not going to disclose how much I make each year, but lets just say, whether its $500k or $150k, nothing would change for me. Make of that what you will.

If you included everyone making $150k and up in the top tier, you would kill the economy. Those are mainly small business owners and professionals, such as doctors. That's why I said $500k. They not only invest to make more money, but also to lessen their tax burden. Take away their ability to invest and you remove a huge section of economic growth. Go after what most people consider to be "small" investors, and you remove tens of billions of dollars from the economy. That tax money would then be wasted by the Federal govt., as the govt wastes most tax money.

Govt pork projects, redundant jobs (do we really need 20 people in the same office doing the same job when it would be more efficient to have 10, multiplied by hundreds of offices across the US?), Govt job overlaps, tens of millions wasted paying farmers not to raise crops, make-work jobs for "favors", etc., etc., etc. I could go on and on, list dozens, if not hundreds of ways the US govt. wastes taxpayer money, spending hundreds of billions of dollars wastefully.

Did you know you could seize every dollar, of every person making more than $50,000/yr, and still not make a dent in the deficit? The top 10% already pay more than 80% of all income taxes. The bottom 5% actually pay nothing. So, that leaves the remaining 85% of income earner paying only 20% of income taxes.

listen, if you make a lot of money, between 150000 and 500000 then you are at least in the top 8% of the US population, and we are talking about household income here, and you ARE SINGLE!

my idea of taxing the those who makes more the 150000 is not taxing the gross before tax income. In another word, I am not talking taking a 40% chunk out of that 150000. Rather, out the first, say 52000 ( roughly the average household income), they pay the same tax rate as those who makes this amount, and then the rest 98000 will be tax 40%

if you do it this way, what tax burden?

so you are telling me majority of American are getting by on around 52000? and it will difficult for doctors and small business owners to get by if the government tax any income extra of those 52000?

not only that, when it comes to small business owners, the income we are talking about here is their take home pay, so that is the profit generated from their businesses after all the expenses have been deducted

again, burden, what burden?

as for investing? that is cool aid being feed to Fox News watchers!

it is the consumer spending that keeps the economy up

and 40% for any extra amount anyone who are making 150000 and above is hardly going to make them live pay check to pay check!

bottom line, Luke 12 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked

if God bless us more, then we should be more generous.

as for government wasting tax money

well, I am not saying government are most efficient at spending tax money, but I find it really weird you are proposing to spend all those extra money militaries instead of diverting those money to help the needy?

honestly, spending more to fund the militaries and keep those companies that produce arms very happy, does not sound like wise spending to me.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
listen, if you make a lot of money, between 150000 and 500000 then you are at least in the top 8% of the US population, and we are talking about household income here, and you ARE SINGLE!

my idea of taxing the those who makes more the 150000 is not taxing the gross before tax income. In another word, I am not talking taking a 40% chunk out of that 150000. Rather, out the first, say 52000 ( roughly the average household income), they pay the same tax rate as those who makes this amount, and then the rest 98000 will be tax 40%

if you do it this way, what tax burden?

so you are telling me majority of American are getting by on around 52000? and it will difficult for doctors and small business owners to get by if the government tax any income extra of those 52000?

not only that, when it comes to small business owners, the income we are talking about here is their take home pay, so that is the profit generated from their businesses after all the expenses have been deducted

again, burden, what burden?

as for investing? that is cool aid being feed to Fox News watchers!

it is the consumer spending that keeps the economy up

and 40% for any extra amount anyone who are making 150000 and above is hardly going to make them live pay check to pay check!

bottom line, Luke 12 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked

if God bless us more, then we should be more generous.

as for government wasting tax money

well, I am not saying government are most efficient at spending tax money, but I find it really weird you are proposing to spend all those extra money militaries instead of diverting those money to help the needy?

honestly, spending more to fund the militaries and keep those companies that produce arms very happy, does not sound like wise spending to me.

I'm not talking about "getting by". I'm talking about people who invest for their future, who don't want to live on the scraps from the govt called social security.

Most of the small business owners I'm talking about do not have a tax number. They use their own SS# to file taxes. So, every dime of profit they make is considered taxable income. I saw the way the govt was turning years ago, which is why I decided to retire before I am 50. I will not put my full effort into supporting a parasitic govt.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not talking about "getting by". I'm talking about people who invest for their future, who don't want to live on the scraps from the govt called social security.

Most of the small business owners I'm talking about do not have a tax number. They use their own SS# to file taxes. So, every dime of profit they make is considered taxable income. I saw the way the govt was turning years ago, which is why I decided to retire before I am 50. I will not put my full effort into supporting a parasitic govt.

well, I genuinely is very happy for you that you are in such a good financial shape that you are able to retire by the time you are 50

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well, I genuinely is very happy for you that you are in such a good financial shape that you are able to retire by the time you are 50

It wasn't easy, but I will make it. It took a lot of dedication, hard work, and even sacrificing my health at the same time.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It wasn't easy, but I will make it. It took a lot of dedication, hard work, and even sacrificing my health at the same time.

I am happy to hear that you are a hard worker

but you know, so am I

I know God want to bless and only good things are lying ahead for me

but I have also seen hark work don't always pay off for many.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am happy to hear that you are a hard worker

but you know, so am I

I know God want to bless and only good things are lying ahead for me

but I have also seen hark work don't always pay off for many.

It takes more than hard work. If "hard work" was all it took to become wealthy, then 90% of the world would be billionaires.

It takes hard work, self-sacrifice, being smart, deny yourself the "good things" and "luxuries" even if you can afford them. It takes putting off having a family until youre financially ready. It takes working 14, 15, even 16 hours a day, with little sleep. It takes putting every penny possible back into the business until it is established. Do that for 10-15 years and you may, just may make it. And even then it isn't guaranteed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It takes more than hard work. If "hard work" was all it took to become wealthy, then 90% of the world would be billionaires.

It takes hard work, self-sacrifice, being smart, deny yourself the "good things" and "luxuries" even if you can afford them. It takes putting off having a family until youre financially ready. It takes working 14, 15, even 16 hours a day, with little sleep. It takes putting every penny possible back into the business until it is established. Do that for 10-15 years and you may, just may make it. And even then it isn't guaranteed.

thank you

i will remember this.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Heard Ben carson pulled out.

Well, not sure who all the other candidates are, expt for Hilary Clinton, but whoever it is, there will be change.
Last night there was some discussion of it and I was saying well whoever it is you can bet someone will label them the anti-christ even if they are actually professed christians like obama is. I think Donald Trump got offended when the pope said he wasnt a christian. Arrgh politics.

In my country if you a politician and declare yourself a christian everyone else is going to hate you. But if you keep it quiet or just say you arent then ppl love you. Seems like its the other way round in the US.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Heard Ben carson pulled out.

Well, not sure who all the other candidates are, expt for Hilary Clinton, but whoever it is, there will be change.
Last night there was some discussion of it and I was saying well whoever it is you can bet someone will label them the anti-christ even if they are actually professed christians like obama is. I think Donald Trump got offended when the pope said he wasnt a christian. Arrgh politics.

In my country if you a politician and declare yourself a christian everyone else is going to hate you. But if you keep it quiet or just say you arent then ppl love you. Seems like its the other way round in the US.

The Pope injected himself into something he has no business talking about. Trump, and a lot of others, want to close our borders, not because of race, but for many other reasons. Drug smugglers, criminals, people who want to give birth here so their children can claim citizenship, and those looking to get free money and benefits cross our borders everyday. There are laws for actual immigrants in this country. When people sneak across the borders, it is a crime. The Pope should shut his pie-hole.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have decided to exert some rule over my own little kingdom (my house) by removing all my sisters stuff since she turned traitor and moved to a different country, and doesn't intend on coming back to live. She has forfeited her rights. Therefore, I will annex her bedroom and declare it territory of me and mum and make it into a study and sewing room.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
what would you do?
It could be anything. Say you are mayor or PM or president of your district or nation.

Hypothetical thread.
In the bible Jesus said in a parable that believers would be given authority or ruling over cities and towns who used their talents.

I will chip everyone! Err.... I mean free chips for everyone!

Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If I were a congressman of the us

1. Amend the constitution to protect human life from conception by banning abortion
2. Expand maternity and paternity leave
3. Implement universal healthcare
4. Support gun control to better protect families from gun violence
5. Act to mitigate climate change
6. Decrease military spending
7. Amend the constitution to establish a unicameral Parliament
8. Amend the constitution to support a multi party , closed party list , proportional representation for the members of Parliament
9. State the that 40 percent of MPs must be women
10. Give most of my salary to charity
11. Simplify the adoption system to give more orphans families
12. Support single mothers and fathers , with charity , and increased job opportunities, and food stamps
13. Allow 10 million middle eastern refugees into the us
14. Amend the constitution to establish a balanced budget

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I were a congressman of the us

1. Amend the constitution to protect human life from conception by banning abortion
2. Expand maternity and paternity leave
3. Implement universal healthcare
4. Support gun control to better protect families from gun violence
5. Act to mitigate climate change
6. Decrease military spending
7. Amend the constitution to establish a unicameral Parliament
8. Amend the constitution to support a multi party , closed party list , proportional representation for the members of Parliament
9. State the that 40 percent of MPs must be women
10. Give most of my salary to charity
11. Simplify the adoption system to give more orphans families
12. Support single mothers and fathers , with charity , and increased job opportunities, and food stamps
13. Allow 10 million middle eastern refugees into the us
14. Amend the constitution to establish a balanced budget

First, many of those things are unconstitutional, therefore impossible to implement. Second, what would you say to the lynch mob that pulled you from your home...before they let you do the hemp jig?

You must not be from the US.

Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
First, many of those things are unconstitutional, therefore impossible to implement. Second, what would you say to the lynch mob that pulled you from your home...before they let you do the hemp jig?

You must not be from the US.

Umm , I live in Texas , and how are they unconstitutional ?

Upvote 0