New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
what would you do?
It could be anything. Say you are mayor or PM or president of your district or nation.

Hypothetical thread.
In the bible Jesus said in a parable that believers would be given authority or ruling over cities and towns who used their talents.

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Immediately start working on ways to fix our horrible roads and fund the school better so we can finally buy new textbooks instead of using the same ones for more than 15 years.

Start enforcing the leash law so we can get a handle on the out of control stray dog problem. Start TNR programs for feral dogs and cats so that they don't contribute to the problem of overpopulation.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
If I was President of the United States, I would....

- Expand Medicaid to cover all Americans, or at the very least enable our medical insurance companies to have more buying power to bring medical costs down.
- Reduce military spending, we don't need warehouses and lots of tanks that will never be used.
- Reduce the cost of public higher education.
- Abolish "no-child-left-behind", and mandatory state testing.
- Pass election reform laws that eliminate our "winner-take-all" system, and establish term-limits for Congresspeople. I'd cap the Senate at 12 years and the House at 8.
- I would abolish the Mandatory Minimum sentencing on drug violations, and have drug offenses be dealt with as more of a health and rehab issue than criminal issue.
- Abolish privatized prisons
- Reform our prosecutory/defense system criminal system, and simply just have criminal lawyers who go back and forth between acting as a prosecutor and the defense.
- Pass law securing permanent net neutrality, probably in the form of a Constitutional Amendment
- Increase corporate regulation, specifically in the areas of the environment and political influence.
- Increase paid maternity and paternity leave
- Ensure that all Americans have the right to a livable wage, affordable housing, and the basic necessities of food and healthcare.

Reactions: Qyöt27
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If i was mayor of my city i would start a composting scheme so that when people put out their green waste it gets composted and returned back to them as free compost for their gardens. I would encourage people to garden.

For those who live in apartments or high rises i would make an ordinance to have green walls like ivy growing up them. People need oxygen!

I will have to think about ways to improve our transport system as its a shambles but i know the answer isnt more roads. In a city like auckland made up of suburbs we need a decent public transport, like street trams that we used to have.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would also ban plastic bags in shops. People need to bring and use their own cloth bags. The less packaging waste the better. If we used paper, cardboard or cellophane at least these can be recycled and not damage the environment. I have seen the effects of plastic bags loose in other countries and damaging wildlife and seal life.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
what would you do?
It could be anything. Say you are mayor or PM or president of your district or nation.

Hypothetical thread.
In the bible Jesus said in a parable that believers would be given authority or ruling over cities and towns who used their talents.

If I were mayor of my city?

I'd work on improving the diversity of our culture, the quality of our infrastructure, and the opportunity for new businesses to open up (including pulling out obstacles that would inhibit a couple of major tech companies who are supposedly moving into town).

If I were president of my country?

I would take up a foreign policy that was more reminiscent of the interwar period between WWI and WWII. America needs to heal, and as long as it's expending astronomical amounts of financial and human resources to police the world, it can't do that. We may need to cut our losses in some regions and focus on improving ourselves as a society for a while.

I would also push harder for energy independence. Create more incentives for things like solar, wind and geothermal to establish a larger share of the energy market and also put more funding into Thorium Molten Salt Reactors to round things out. Electric carmakers like Tesla, Smart, Ford, Toyota, etc would have fewer barriers to pass through in the market.

Like many of the Nordic democracies (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, etc) I would advocate for a year of parental leave, single-payer healthcare, etc.

I'd want to invest in updating our infrastructure, like highways, telecommunications, public transportation (subways, trains, etc).

That's just off of the top of my head.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I would also ban plastic bags in shops. People need to bring and use their own cloth bags. The less packaging waste the better. If we used paper, cardboard or cellophane at least these can be recycled and not damage the environment. I have seen the effects of plastic bags loose in other countries and damaging wildlife and seal life.

Cloth bags bother me because I don't see that people wash them after every use. I watch people set them on the floor (or parking lot) and then put them on the counter top transferring floor germs to the surfaces my newly purchased things touch....things that I'd never put on the floor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As for toilet paper since everyone uses it most everyday I would, also being a marvellous inventor as well as ruler of my nation, patent special toilet paper to be distributed over the country that had reminders on it to pray for the people all over the pacific ocean.

Thus it would cover both TPPs.

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If the Bible is correct in it's view, then I would become corrupted by my own power. I would begin to become very protective of that power in itself and think that it was something very valuable that I needed to keep for myself. A false "treasure" I needed to protect. But this would be wrong and I would be blind. I would even go so far as to try to stop people on the bottom from organizing and making a better life for themselves. I would see myself as a "god". All other leaders would be exactly the same as me in their corruption. We as "gods" would all be in agreement upon how to keep our peoples confused, viewing each other as enemies. We would find ways to separate them with this confusion. We would create wars so that they would fight each other.

On a smaller level, a parent might even have this tendency. Showing favoritism and acceptance towards one son over the other. A mother and father might have their personal favorites, in conflict with each other. And they would use their children as weapons against each other.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If I was President of the United States, I would....

- Expand Medicaid to cover all Americans, or at the very least enable our medical insurance companies to have more buying power to bring medical costs down.
- Reduce military spending, we don't need warehouses and lots of tanks that will never be used.
- Reduce the cost of public higher education.
- Abolish "no-child-left-behind", and mandatory state testing.
- Pass election reform laws that eliminate our "winner-take-all" system, and establish term-limits for Congresspeople. I'd cap the Senate at 12 years and the House at 8.
- I would abolish the Mandatory Minimum sentencing on drug violations, and have drug offenses be dealt with as more of a health and rehab issue than criminal issue.
- Abolish privatized prisons
- Reform our prosecutory/defense system criminal system, and simply just have criminal lawyers who go back and forth between acting as a prosecutor and the defense.
- Pass law securing permanent net neutrality, probably in the form of a Constitutional Amendment
- Increase corporate regulation, specifically in the areas of the environment and political influence.
- Increase paid maternity and paternity leave
- Ensure that all Americans have the right to a livable wage, affordable housing, and the basic necessities of food and healthcare.

And you have a Christian girlfriend who is on the same page?

Plastic bags are better for the environment than cloth.

I'm thinking nuclear based electric.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since the US is a Federal Republic, even as "ruler", aka President, there are checks and balances on power.

However, if that wasn't in place, and I were the "leader", one of the first things I would do is declare liberalism to be a social terrorist ideology and make it illegal. I would do the same thing for the KKK, NAACP, and any other race based group.

I would order and audit of all welfare recipients and if you were physical and mentally able to work, you would be dropped from the rolls.

Military spending would double, but I would also audit the cost/profit ratio of all companies who provide military equipment. They could make no more than 25% profit. I would also "clean house" at the VA. It should be a crime to provide such poor quality treatment to our veterans.

I would implement a 3-tier tax rate. If you make over $500,000/yr your tax rate would be double that of those making $10,000-$499,999.99 (or 40% compared to 20% of income). Anyone making less than $10,000/yr would only have to pay SS deduction. I would also separate the monies from SS from the general fund.

I would remove the "lifetime pensions" of the President and Congress. You don't need to serve two years and be paid for the rest of your life from the public coffers.

I would triple the duties and tariffs on all imported goods.

All good sold in the US by American owned companies would have to produce 80% of those good within the US. In other words, 80% of all parts and materials needed to manufacture goods would have to be made or grown in the US. Those companies which didn't comply, would pay a 100% tariff on those goods imported.

Last edited:
Upvote 0