IF you found out that the bibble is wrong

friend,
i used to think about this question all the time and sometimes it still pops up in my brain once in a while esp when i face adversities. i can't assure you that you can go to heaven but the bible can and most impt. god can if you believe in him. THen you would ask : what is god is jsut a myth? If you trully want to know if god is real then you can know today. How?
pray to the lord and ask that you want to know that he is real and that in believing in him you are assured a place in his kingdom.
god bless

Upvote 0

WayMan

Sep 30, 2003
✟575.00
ruixiangz said:
IF you die one day and found out that you didn't go to heaven or hell and that what the Bibble says is all wrong, wat will you do? Especially when you have devoted all your life into being a Christian!

You will do nothing because you will be dead, an ex person, a lump of dead meat, brown bread, DEAD!

Upvote 0

Kira Faye

Spiritualist Witch
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟1,172.00
Faith
Pagan
I new passage has been found in the bible. it seems to belong at the start and read; to my darling Candy, all people mentioned are fictional and any connection to person living or dead is purely coincidental. This page has been dammened by christian clerics. (Stolen from red dwarf!!!!!)

Upvote 0

Teddybear

Sep 25, 2003
WINDSOR oNT
✟158.00
Faith
Christian
READ PSALMS 68;11-The Lord gave the word;great was the company of those that published it.

God's Word is true,and it will never change.If you are a sinner you are dead,But God's Word makes you alive.Don't you what to spend eternity with the living God? God's Word is truth no matter if we are dead or alive.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Isaiah 53

Catholic Apologist
Sep 30, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟6,314.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That does not concern me; I know the truth.

He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that, " 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven! (Mark 4:11-12)

PEACE IN CHRIST!!!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ruixiangz said:
IF you die one day and found out that you didn't go to heaven or hell and that what the Bibble says is all wrong, wat will you do? Especially when you have devoted all your life into being a Christian!

What pray tell is a "Bibble"?

Is it a cross between a "bib" and a "table"?
Or is it what baby "bee" does when it "dribbles"?

My question to those who do not believe in the afterlife/heaven/hell, etc... is this. Why do you live your lives so cautiously? Before I became a believer I was basically a madman in shorts. Anything went. The only thing that held me back was getting caught and the possibility of suffering as a result of my actions. I have to wonder what non-believers are afraid of. If you really do not believe in anything other than what goes on here in this life, then why are you on a website fussing with a bunch of nerds like us? I would be out partying or getting wasted or some other distraction. I cannot imagine what would stop me. I think I am smart enough to evade the law, and I assume most of you are too. So what are you doing here?

Reactions: Isaiah 53
Upvote 0

faith177

growing
Aug 18, 2003
BC
Visit site
✟382,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I live my Christian life because I know this crazy mixed up world is not my destiny. If in your hypothetical question, it turned out that way I would be very happy of the life I lived because of my belief in Jesus I have forgiven people, changed my life to a life of service helping others, I have felt the Joy and seen the look of intense appreciation from the people I have helped. I have become a person I can love and be proud of, taking me from the selfish sad and hateful person I was not only hating and blaming others for the way I felt then but also hating and abusing myself through eating disorders, alchohol and drugs, cutting and attempted suicide. I owe my life to christianity. to Jesus who I have given it too. If it wasnt for the promise of His kingdom and eternal love I would never have changed.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
didaskalos said:
If you really do not believe in anything other than what goes on here in this life, then why are you on a website fussing with a bunch of nerds like us? I would be out partying or getting wasted or some other distraction. I cannot imagine what would stop me. I think I am smart enough to evade the law, and I assume most of you are too. So what are you doing here?

Why is it that some Christians think that atheists are nothing more than a bunch of self-serving degenerates? Maybe they have other sources of meaning in their lives? Maybe they have families to take care of? Maybe they realize there are responsibilities in this life, to themselves and others? Maybe you should talk to some atheists and find out what makes them tick, instead of assuming so much.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Pete Harcoff said:
Why is it that some Christians think that atheists are nothing more than a bunch of self-serving degenerates? Maybe they have other sources of meaning in their lives? Maybe they have families to take care of? Maybe they realize there are responsibilities in this life, to themselves and others? Maybe you should talk to some atheists and find out what makes them tick, instead of assuming so much.
He was telling you what he was like as a non-believer. Most of us who came late to the party were the same! We know what it was like to be atheist or agnostic or "don't care". Now I hear the same stuff from non-believers that I said. So, really, except for the fun of talking to you guys, we remember what we used to think and don't need to ask.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
newlamb said:
He was telling you what he was like as a non-believer.

But it also sounded like he was trying to project, as well. The implication from his post seemed to be, "I was a degenerate when I was an atheist, then I found God and now I'm a better person. Since you're still atheists, you're probably degenerates too, and therefore not as good a person as me."

Maybe I'm reading too much into his post, but that is what I got from it.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pete Harcoff said:
But it also sounded like he was trying to project, as well. The implication from his post seemed to be, "I was a degenerate when I was an atheist, then I found God and now I'm a better person. Since you're still atheists, you're probably degenerates too, and therefore not as good a person as me."

Maybe I'm reading too much into his post, but that is what I got from it.
Not at all Pete. I do remember what it was like to be an unbeliever. My projection was not toward you. I agree.... may of the atheists I have met have been good folks. My father was an atheist, and one of my best friends at work is an atheist. So this is not a stab at you. But the question remains, as do my memories. When I thought that all there was to life was an eventual dirt nap.. I felt very like I was missing out on a lot of stuff by being a "goodie two shoes". I used to party hardy. I mean why not? I respect your assertions that atheists have other sources for their self restraint... but I mean what is the point? In my old days... I would have looked at an atheist with morals in the same way I looked at a Christian: just another religious nut who is afraid of living.
I have started a number of threads in this forum asking just these questions:

Why bother being good in this life when there is so much to gain in the world by being bad... and nothing to lose in the end?

I have yet to receive an answer that did not eventually lapse into some sort of sappy-religion.
So my conclusion is that most intellectual atheists are bad guys who are just afraid to be bad. Scared to go all the way so they support their inhibitions with their own sort of intellectually derived religiosity.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
didaskalos said:
<snip>

I have started a number of threads in this forum asking just these questions:

Why bother being good in this life when there is so much to gain in the world by being bad... and nothing to lose in the end?

Because we are social animals that depend on each other for society to function. For example, I live with a roommate. There are times when she needs my help and I help her. Other times I need her help and she helps me. If we both acted solely for our owns self-interests all the time, then no one would benefit. Ultimately, it would breed tension and possibly conflict.

So acting "bad" all the time (or rather, self-serving) is not always to ideal solution long-term.

Furthermore, when you factor in children, there is even more reason not to be so self-serving. The health and well-being of the children is essential for the survivability of the human species as a whole. Hence, people will make sacrifices in their own lives for the benefit of their children.

I have yet to receive an answer that did not eventually lapse into some sort of sappy-religion.

I find that surprising.

So my conclusion is that most intellectual atheists are bad guys who are just afraid to be bad. Scared to go all the way so they support their inhibitions with their own sort of intellectually derived religiosity.

You seem to be painting atheists with a pretty broad brush. By the same token, I could paint Christians as clinging to their beliefs solely for a source of comfort rather than dealing with the realities of the world. But, in my own experience, I know better than to paint with such a broad brush.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ruixiangz said:

That is a tough question. Since I know God intimately, it would not make sense. Throwing that aside: what could I do if there is no where to go. You should state my options; then I could tell you my answer better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

radorth

Contributor
Jul 29, 2003
LA area
Visit site
✟16,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If the Bible is wrong, I'll be a dead fool and won't care.

If it's right, you'll be a live fool, who be where there is much "wailing and knashing of teeth," the response of a fool who knows it. That is what people will do who have denied manifest truth by force of will, not lack of evidence.

I'd take Pascal's wager before things get too bad in the Mideast.

Major wars start suddenly, and WWIII will be over in a few days, so you won't have a lot of time to get real with God.

Rad

Upvote 0