If you could have one FREE hand-painted icon right now, which would you choose?

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just a crazy idea for a thread I had in my feeble brain floating around. I have been looking at some icons to have painted, and I'm just in LOVE with this one not only because it's incredibly beautiful, but it has all three of the saints whom I adore and love so very much....

What icons would you guys just love to have if you could get one free?
sf3ierM.JPG

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
St. Raphael of Brooklyn

He said of himself: "I am an Arab by birth, a Greek by primary education, an American by residence, a Russian at heart, and a Slav in soul."

As an American convert to Orthodoxy, this resonates with me as I feel like I am a mixture of all flavors of Orthodoxy. Plus St. Raphael was a very integral part of the growth of Orthodoxy in the US.

8x12.jpg

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just a crazy idea for a thread I had in my feeble brain floating around. I have been looking at some icons to have painted, and I'm just in LOVE with this one not only because it's incredibly beautiful, but it has all three of the saints whom I adore and love so very much....

What icons would you guys just love to have if you could get one free?
sf3ierM.JPG

This is a very beautiful icon. I have always had a special place in my heart for an icon of the three hierarchs...however my bank account doesn't share that sentiment ^_^

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I LOVE that quote, Kirillos! Love it! That's how many of us feel. Orthodoxy isn't "ethnic" as outsiders think. I think all of us feel a little Russian, Serbian, Antiochean, Greek, etc. the minute we get that oil on our heads! :)

St. Raphael of Brooklyn

He said of himself: "I am an Arab by birth, a Greek by primary education, an American by residence, a Russian at heart, and a Slav in soul."

As an American convert to Orthodoxy, this resonates with me as I feel like I am a mixture of all flavors of Orthodoxy. Plus St. Raphael was a very integral part of the growth of Orthodoxy in the US.

8x12.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear ya...my Bulgarian iconographer to whom I've given around $900 through the years, is asking WAYYY too much for this one. I can't handle that! LOL

This is a very beautiful icon. I have always had a special place in my heart for an icon of the three hierarchs...however my bank account doesn't share that sentiment ^_^

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know this is a thread about a hand-painted icon, but are you having difficulty finding this as a mounted icon? If so I know a monastery you can try. PM me if interested.

0b734a03fe95bd70f8180bd1fc35c1f5.jpg

I would want this for my husband. This is a hard one to find. At least, I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you're looking for that icon hand-painted, I know where you could get it for $120 out the door...

0b734a03fe95bd70f8180bd1fc35c1f5.jpg

I would want this for my husband. This is a hard one to find. At least, I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My favorite and dream icon is a pastel-colored icon of the Descent into Hades, an American work; I like it better than the more commonly depicted Greek one. Unfortunately, I don't have a URL for it, and so don't know how to post it here.

Upvote 0