Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There you go. That wasn't too difficult. And to round off the discussion I'll give you a link which shows the death rates between our two countries.

To save you looking it up, yours was about 5x that of Australia.
And Australia had the luxury of being an island nation with fewer major vectors of transmission where all of the big cities are spread far apart, what's your point?

Burkina Faso and Zimbabwe had lower rates of covid deaths than both of our countries despite having sub-par healthcare systems and sub-par vaccine uptake.

New Zealanders tried to make similar claims...and I would explain to them that my home state of Ohio (considered a "fly-over state" by US standards), had 3 commuter cities that would their 2nd, 4th, and 5th most populous cities if transplanted onto their country) that are less than 45 mins apart.

It's not surprising that low population density countries (or countries where the major cities are very spread out) had an easier go of covid.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I absolutely hate the fact that women can go to other states to get abortions. It sickens me that all they have to do in order to murder their unborn child is to travel to another state. I wish there was some way to prevent them from doing that. Either that, or perhaps a way to prosecute them for murdering their unborn child out of state. I think perhaps the best way to handle it would be to simply outlaw abortion nationwide. Of course, that wouldn't stop them from getting an illegal abortion, and it also wouldn't stop them from traveling to another country to get an abortion, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,529.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I absolutely hate the fact that women can go to other states to get abortions. It sickens me that all they have to do in order to murder their unborn child is to travel to another state. I wish there was some way to prevent them from doing that. Either that, or perhaps a way to prosecute them for murdering their unborn child out of state. I think perhaps the best way to handle it would be to simply outlaw abortion nationwide. Of course, that wouldn't stop them from getting an illegal abortion, and it also wouldn't stop them from traveling to another country to get an abortion, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.
Do you have a well working system for immediate adoptions after the birth? Or long enough paid maternity leaves, free healthcare (for the whole family), help with housing and bills, free childcare and schools etc?

Because if the mother really does not want/cannot have her baby and is willing to abort it and even undergo such long and exhausting travels, even abroad, then after forcing her to have the child, we cannot expect them to be a healthy family where the child is well taken care of.

Just banning abortions, without suitable social support to families, is a one-leg chair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I absolutely hate the fact that women can go to other states to get abortions. It sickens me that all they have to do in order to murder their unborn child is to travel to another state. I wish there was some way to prevent them from doing that. Either that, or perhaps a way to prosecute them for murdering their unborn child out of state.

At least you're in favor of keeping the government out of people's lives.
I think perhaps the best way to handle it would be to simply outlaw abortion nationwide.
So much for states' rights!
Of course, that wouldn't stop them from getting an illegal abortion, and it also wouldn't stop them from traveling to another country to get an abortion, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.
What would the final solution look like?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is off-topic but I'm really curious and it's a quick answer.
Where is the Catholic church burying unbaptized babies these days?

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The solution is clear, disallow women from leaving the state without a negative pregnancy test.
And a note from her husband, father or brother giving her permission to travel.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is off-topic but I'm really curious and it's a quick answer.
Where is the Catholic church burying unbaptized babies these days?
I don't know. I would assume they are buried wherever their parents wish them to be buried.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,045.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And a note from her husband, father or brother giving her permission to travel.
Probably want to take away their ability to get credit cards and bank accounts, too. You know, just in case women in Idaho begin to think they might be able to do things without asking the permission of a man first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's a good thing the "show your QR code that proves you're negative for something in order to be able to travel" never got a strong foothold when people were pushing for it in 2020-2022.

Sounds like a tongue-in-cheek comment, but I'm serious about that.

Had certain people on the left gotten their way during covid, they would've shot themselves in the foot regarding this issue by way of state lawmakers getting their hands on personal medical data.
True. What cuts in the favor of control freaks on some issues (speech) will also cut against them on other issues.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At least you're in favor of keeping the government out of people's lives.

So much for states' rights!

What would the final solution look like?

Firstly, all laws intervene in people's lives in some way or another. Would you rather us live in a lawless society?

Second, I'm not sure how my suggestion would violate states' rights. How would a federal law outlawing abortion nationwide violate states' rights?

Third, I have no idea what the final solution would look like.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Second, I'm not sure how my suggestion would violate states' rights. How would a federal law outlawing abortion nationwide violate states' rights?
Amendment Ten to the Constitution was ratified on December 15, 1791. It makes clear that any powers that are not specifically given to the federal government, nor withheld from the states, are reserved to those respective states, or to the people at large. The original text is written as such:

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

I believe that the laws people live by should be determined by the government that is closest to them whenever possible and sensible.
A law in Maine may not be a good law for Calif. or an alligator hunting law in FL may not be applicable to Missoula, MT's Flathead Lake.

Reactions: NxNW and Belk
Upvote 0