ICE Deported Him to a Country He'd Never Seen. He Died 2 Months Later.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
ICE Deported Him to a Country He'd Never Seen. He Died 2 Months Later.
Life was already a struggle for Jimmy Aldaoud. He had bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, and battled depression and diabetes. He got into trouble, frequently landing in jail or on the street in and around Detroit, where he grew up.

Then, in June, he was deported to Iraq, and life got even more difficult. He had never set foot there before, his family said. He did not understand Arabic. He did not have enough medicine.

And he was alone. His three sisters did not even know he had been sent there until he called them from the city of Najaf.

Mr. Aldaoud, 41, died in Baghdad on Tuesday, after days of vomiting blood and begging to return to the United States.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Many citizens , born and raised in this country, died every year for the last thirty to fifty years
of medicine they were given, properly prescribed. This is hundreds of thousands of people. It has been growing fast (I think) every year since the 50's, according to the sites of the AMA and the FDA statistics of causes of death.

They die in this country, their own country, because of what some call malpractice, but what is commonly known as regular protocol for the usa.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Considering that people die in the USA because of a lack of insulin, I don't understand why he wanted to get back.
Or /and that people die because of taking insulin. I don't know how common, but it happens.... Taking other / different prescribed drugs and dying or having seizures or other permanent disabilities is far more common (in the usa)......

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Considering that people die in the USA because of a lack of insulin, I don't understand why he wanted to get back.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of as being an especially sad part of it all. We've got Americans running up to Canada to get insulin. It's pitiful. Still the fellow having so many other issues, not having lived in Iraq, made him all the more vulnerable on account of his diabetes after being deported there.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟434,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't think it is at all appropriate that someone has currently rated the OP "funny". If that was a mistake, please fix it. If it wasn't a mistake, please know that using the ratings to goad people is against this website's rules.

Anyway, as to the content of the OP, that is truly awful. These kinds of situations and outcomes really do test a person's patience in the Lord, Who has promised that vengeance is His and He will repay. Even though he did not live a life of perfect conduct, Mr. Aldaoud was horribly mistreated in an almost unimaginable way by this government agency, and his story should be known far and wide so that the people who support ICE (or any agency, really) without question or precondition can think twice about that support. Even if you agree with their goals, we can all admit that agencies, seeing as how they are run by fallible people, do occasionally make mistakes, sometimes with horrific consequences, as in this case. I could not read the full article at the link because it is behind a paywall, but I certainly hope that his family will seek and receive some measure of justice for what their family member was put through. Nobody deserves to vomit to death in a foreign country they've never been to because they got in trouble in the country in which they've lived the vast majority of their life. There should be a balance between justice and mercy, and this case appears to have exhibited neither that balance nor either of those virtues in themselves. Lord have mercy.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟499,088.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it is at all appropriate that someone has currently rated the OP "funny". If that was a mistake, please fix it. If it wasn't a mistake, please know that using the ratings to goad people is against this website's rules.
I genuienly find this funny and do not mean it as an attempt to goad people.

• Informative
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟886,758.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand why anyone wants to come here. The U.S. is just the worst.

• Agree
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟434,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I genuienly find this funny and do not mean it as an attempt to goad people.

I don't care that you genuinely find it funny. It is not appropriate to rate the death of a person as "funny", particularly when that death does not involve any funny circumstances. This man didn't die slipping on a banana peel like in a cartoon. Please show some respect to other human beings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟499,088.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand why anyone wants to come here. The U.S. is just the worst.
Eh..

Rich, white, christian, healthy, male. As long as you tick three of those boxes, you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟499,088.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't care that you genuinely find it funny. It is not appropriate to rate the death of a person as "funny", particularly when that death does not involve any funny circumstances. This man didn't die slipping on a banana peel like in a cartoon. Please show some respect to other human beings.
Why should I show respect for human beings?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟886,758.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Eh..

Rich, white, christian, healthy, male. As long as you tick three of those boxes, you'll be fine.
For some weird reason, that demographic doesn't represent the vast majority of immigrants. I can't figure it out.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟434,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Why should I show respect for human beings?

Ughhh. One of these, huh? I'm not going to play your Intro to Philosophy class discussion game. It's much easier to just place you on my ignore list. Goodbye.

• Friendly
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟499,088.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
For some weird reason, that demographic doesn't represent the vast majority of immigrants. I can't figure it out.
Most of them are male, healthy and christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟499,088.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You've told me two different things.
I actually didn't tell you anything, I just pointed out the people dying from lack of insulin and you jumped in with retorical questions, which you proceeded to repeat without any connection to what I was writing.

You can now ask why immigrants come to the USA, if you want to.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟886,758.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I actually didn't tell you anything, I just pointed out the people dying from lack of insulin and you jumped in with retorical questions, which you proceeded to repeat without any connection to what I was writing.
Your responses had no connection to what I was writing. And were also untrue.
You can now ask why immigrants come to the USA, if you want to.
I rhetorically asked in post #16.

Upvote 0