"Iam not." "No."

C

cupid dave

Jesus made the case, but I am not interested in going another round with you on it.

I don't blame you for that.

I am more interested in what the Jews might say about his especially since the disregard the New Testament as an authority in regard to using scripture as a basis for such argument.

I perfer that they use their tradition to re-examine the matter.
Their tradition insists Elijah would be identified by his miracles.

Clearly Christ practically repeated the first visit by Elijah.

How will they identify their Elijah today if he did not come in 32AD?

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

I don't blame you for that.

I am more interested in what the Jews might say about his especially since the disregard the New Testament as an authority in regard to using scripture as a basis for such argument.

I perfer that they use their tradition to re-examine the matter.
Their tradition insists Elijah would be identified by his miracles.

Clearly Christ practically repeated the first visit by Elijah.

How will they identify their Elijah today if he did not come in 32AD?

Clearly you do not understand that he is not meant to repeat former miracles, but it is only the 7 expected miracles that matter.

The 7 miracles he is expected to perform to identify him as the returned Elijah were not performed by Jesus.

The Jews have no reason to re-examine those 7 miracles and try to apply them to Jesus because no one but you claims that Jesus performed those miracles.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Clearly you do not understand that he is not meant to repeat former miracles, but it is only the 7 expected miracles that matter.

The 7 miracles he is expected to perform to identify him as the returned Elijah were not performed by Jesus.

The Jews have no reason to re-examine those 7 miracles and try to apply them to Jesus because no one but you claims that Jesus performed those miracles.

First, Jesus performed all seven miracles, one of which was to bring people in his generation before Moses and Elijah, which he did when the three apostles saw the transfiguration.

Second, the tradition said he would even do more that these seven miracles.

What Jesus did was mimic the whole OT report of Elijah's first visit, miracles and events.

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

1. First, Jesus performed all seven miracles, one of which was to bring people in his generation before Moses and Elijah, which he did when the three apostles saw the transfiguration.

2. Second, the tradition said he would even do more that these seven miracles.

3. What Jesus did was mimic the whole OT report of Elijah's first visit, miracles and events.

1. No, he didn't.

2. No, it doesn't. But if it did, it would be irrelevant.

3. Only as much as every prior hero was mimicked by the next.

Joshua was mimicked, Moses, Joshua, Samuel, David, Elijah, Samson, all have portions of prior stories that come before them.

But, no, Jesus, did not mimic Elijah's whole visit. Where does Jesus call down fire? Where does he have anyone killed?

A side by side comparison shows that despite the similarities Jesus has to a number of old testament heroes, his story is quite unique.

Upvote 0