• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I would like the complete definition of sexual immorality

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnsx420

Oct 19, 2004
✟113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My girlfriend and I have been together for the past 2 years. We are both 19 right now. We have always been sexually active, but refrained from having sex for the first year we were together. Lately she has become a very strong christian. I know in the bible it says not to be sexually immoral. I also know that it says no sex before marriage. I'm trying my hardest to support her decisions, which means for the past month, we haven't had any sex. I would like to know exactly what sexual immorality is. I find it hard to believe that after being with this girl for 2 years, doing anything other then kissing is sexually immoral. I do believe that having sex is, but where is the line drawn?

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
mcnsx420 said:
My girlfriend and I have been together for the past 2 years. We are both 19 right now. We have always been sexually active, but refrained from having sex for the first year we were together. Lately she has become a very strong christian. I know in the bible it says not to be sexually immoral. I also know that it says no sex before marriage. I'm trying my hardest to support her decisions, which means for the past month, we haven't had any sex. I would like to know exactly what sexual immorality is. I find it hard to believe that after being with this girl for 2 years, doing anything other then kissing is sexually immoral. I do believe that having sex is, but where is the line drawn?
You draw the line when you know that once a certain point is crossed you won't be able to stop. If you've been sexually active with her before, you should know when that is. I hate to break the news to you but until you get married (are you getting married?) you might have to just stick to kissing.

Michelle

Upvote 0

Want2bPure

Oct 18, 2004
✟148.00
Faith
Christian
Hi ya,

I truly believe that sexual immortaility is anything outside the marriage that
impulses one to go one step further till eventually reaching the full sin. The one
scripture speaks about lust in the heart. Lust is of anything that we desire
so much that it takes hold of us, eventually leading us to sin upon it. I truly
believe anything that means exposing of each others bodies should be
refrained from until marriage. May the Lord give you both strength as you
desire and seek to be holy and righteous!:thumbsup:

In Christ Jesus
Want2BPure

Upvote 0

VivDaGurl

Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
This is a very wide topic to be discussed here. Sexual immorality as described by Want2BPure is anything that is outside of marriage and to add on, even when you think of a girl (may it be your girl or not), lustfully, it's also considered as sexual immorality. In terms of going out, you have to know what your boundaries are and where to stop. It varies from one person to another person because there are a few different perception from others as follows:-
- Stop at holding hands
- Stop at a goodbye kiss
- Stop at hugging by the side
- Don't even have any physical contact inclusive holding hands
and the list goes on and on and on...

You've been sexually active with your gf and you know clearly that one thing leads to another thing. A french kiss leads to touching, and touching slowly leads you to sexual intercourse because that is a very normal reaction from our body. I would suggest you to lift this up to God in a prayer together with your gf and start to make clear of your boundaries between the two of you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.