Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would say that I am a combination of both, but that the lack of evidence is the bigger reason.
According to Christian scriptures, God can be known to some extent through the things he has made. Here's the passage:

For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20 ESV)
Why would you think the writer takes for granted that someone as yourself would "clearly perceive?"

PS - I realize, for you as an agnostic/atheist, pointing to scripture is not an appeal to authority. Please feel free to view the passage as you would any other writing on the nature of God and man.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. Furthermore I have been asking for evidence since I begun losing faith 9 years ago.
I would say the evidences are everywhere.

So I was a bit like you (except I was raised up atheist). It took me years to find evolution is just wrong, and in fact in another thread (started by Josh in the same subforum), me and another gentile man are discussing evolution, and I actually found out modern science on evolution has started to point to God, they found cells can mutate not so randomly, which is a total break away from the tranditional random mutation theory.

There are a lot of other evidences, i.e. how did ancient humans avoid DNA conflicts when their numbers are so small? Which come first, chicken or egg? All that can be easily explained if there is a creator.

And to your question about how do you know Christianity is the right religion? I went through Buddhism, Christianity and Islam. The only reason I left Buddhism is I found there is no one can archive that greatness by themselfs, which we can only be saved by God's grace. The Christian rule of "Love God and Love your neighbors as yourself" is just the best I can find. And for Islam, I had struggle to see if it is true or not, then found the Quran talks about all good things of the Bible, and yet all the Muslims I found today (except Baha'i, which Muslims don't consider them Muslims) think the Bible is corrupted.

So basically that leaves Christianity the only one standing.

Upvote 0