• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I was under a psychosis

CharlesC

May 29, 2015
✟7,711.00
Faith
Baptist
I know the thoughts of many, is mental disorder means crazy. That we should be locked up. But it is not so. I had a severe stroke at age 16 and had a rough time adjusting to life. How many young people go through a severe stroke? How many people can honestly say, they would not feel dehumanized after a stroke. I mean, everyone shuns you. No longer are you able to work. You have to start high school over again. Your friends don't come around anymore. You loose girlfriends. The medication they put me on, broke me out with millions of zits. It was an illegergic reaction. The fact now a person has to deal with being handicapped. I was hospitalized for 6 months and the doctors wanted me to stay a full year.

But all this is a little hard to deal with by oneself. I think having no one there for me, hurt the most. It gave me no way to express my feelings. I adventually started bottling things up. Feelings of sorrow and anger. Stay in my room a lot and remembered how I used to be. But that person was not coming back. So I needed some help in coping with the stroke. A person can be in a crowd and still feel alone. A worthless feeling.

So I got help. My problem was called Affective Psychosis. It meant I was very sad and cried a lot.It was not dangerous to anyone. I had major depression too. After diagnoses was made and put on a few happy pills, well my mood began to feel better about myself. I began to think more clearly. I began going to church and got saved and baptized. A new creation. A new birth. Can't get enough of my Bible readings today. Being under a psychosis is not always being out of ones mind. I like to think I was not out of my mind, but the world was not giving me the correct support.