I want to be financially blessed what am I doing wrong?

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God's word on the matter:

Matthew 6:33
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need

Luke 6:38
Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.”

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's word on the matter:

Matthew 6:33
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need

Luke 6:38
Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.”

i concur

Upvote 0

X=?

A voice crying in the wilderness.
Dec 12, 2008
UK
Visit site
✟7,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
All throughout the teachings of Jesus, i find it interesting, that He often said things like [paraphrased]- i'll quote it if i must-;

It's all pertaining to the law

"You say(according to the law)...but I say..."
"You do things this way(according to the law)...but this is how you should be doing it..."

As true christians, we are not bound to any laws-[tithing included] that would put us in bondage. [We were never under the law in the first place]
For a true christian, we follow Jesus' teaching and GO WAY BEYOND WHAT THE LAW REQUIRES. That was His message. "Oh, so you keep the law? Well, this is what I require of you..."- Jesus message in a nutshell.

When He said, "If you are asked to go a mile...go two..."
It's interesting what He is saying here...
Roman law said that Roman soldiers could make someone carry their 'baggage' for up to one mile. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH JEWISH LAW...
But Jesus was saying... go the extra mile.

True christians AUTOMATICLY go way beyond what is expected of us.
That's why He says to love our enemy.
Anyone can love their friends and family.

We live by LOVE, not the law.

We should consider EVERYTHING WE HAVE as GODS, not 10%, not 30%, but 100%

Indeed! :)

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just reread the subject of the question. I want to be financially blessed what am I doing wrong?

without reading the OP, the answer is easy, you want the wrong things from God. We should seek the greater gifts, the eternal gifts, the treasures in heaven. Of course that is the answer without reading the OP, but hey cover all the bases.

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just reread the subject of the question. I want to be financially blessed what am I doing wrong?

without reading the OP, the answer is easy, you want the wrong things from God. We should seek the greater gifts, the eternal gifts, the treasures in heaven. Of course that is the answer without reading the OP, but hey cover all the bases.

Y'r such a sweet person raz.
i really enjoy reading your posts

Upvote 0
N

nhislove

I have been praying for almost 2 years for God to bless me with a job that I can find fulfillment in. Right now I work as a substitute teacher to make a little income but my family and I need more. Yes, I could work a minimum wage job somewhere and I am not above taking a minimum wage job. However, I am an educated person and believe I can find better. I know the economy is bad right now but I know God can provide a financial blessing or job opportunity my way. I will admit I have to work a job that is a good fit for me and will provide job satisfaction. If I work a job that is too stressful or brings no fulfillment I will be completely unhappy and will not be a good employee. It seems that my husband and I cannot catch a break when it comes a job opportunity. I've been praying and trying to leave it in God's hand but I feel like my prayer continues to fall on deaf ears. I know that money is not everything and I do not live a frivolous life. I am also a person with a giving spirit. Does anyone out there have any insight to why my husband and I are not being financially blessed or why the correct job opportunity is not coming our way?

It's not what you can do but what God can do through you. When you pray ask that it be his will be done not yours. Be thankful for the blessings God has already given. We are to rejoice in all things, in what ever circimstances we are in at the time. When you able to do this stand back and watch God work. God Bless!!

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wow, I don't hear that much, thanks

You're certainly welcome
i don't remember if we've debated/butted heads, i hope not. i do know that you have a very unique way of getting your point accross... Very eloquent.

Hope you have a wonderfull Christmas.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As Christmas is just a couple of days away, I want to offer a word of encouragement to all who are suffering especially financially. I don't know if this will sound like an encouragement to some, but it is offered in the spirit of encouragement at least.

I sit here, freezing in the cold of the house, we have insufficient heat, our pipes are frozen and so there is no water. Our 19 year old son is in Iraq this Christmas, his second away from family and friends. Our third son is battling his 3rd kidney infection since June, a condition that threatens to give him blood poisoning. The emergency room drs. want him to be screened by a urologist, but we can't get an appointment. My father in law had a valve replaced the week before Christmas, they are in florida and we can't travel to visit, nor can we afford to call. We live at about 1/2 poverty level, and just lost $500 of food money a month from our budget. And that is just the serious stuff. As I sit here and type this, I feel an urge to cry, to allow the tears to stream down my checks and just simply sob. I feel an urge to cry out to God, "why have you forsaken us, why have you turned your back on us, why do you not hear our cries". And then, somewhere in the silent corners of my mind, I am reminded.

I look around me and hear the sounds of my children as they grow anxious for the joys of Christmas morn, doesn't matter what if anything they get, Christmas is upon us. I feel some heat creep from the basement, and think of the wood that was given to us, wood that will keep the house at 40 or above this winter. I crawl out from under the covers and feel the weight of many blankets, a gift of warmth on cold, cold nights. I think of what we might have for food this day, and am reminded of the turkey and deer meat that we were given and know that this day, we will eat. I listen for the phone to ring and know that if it does not, my husband has not yet been laid off. I listen to the weather and know that within a couple of days, the temps are to warm at least to the 40's. And as I remember the many blessing that we do have, I know, from the things of the past, that God is indeed listening, God is careing for us. God is indeed our living God who has not forsaken us. He has not abandoned us. No matter what we feel, it is our God who knows what we need and if we rest in His arms, if we learn to trust in His care, we will know the love that others dismiss by thier blindness and focus on the things they do not have. I am reminded of the lessons of the past, and know that what others pass off as luck, is really God's provision and it is in this hope that I will face Christmas, not worrying about the cold or the lack of water. Not worrying about our children, but rejoicing that our God reigns, that our God lives, that we are Loved and cared for, even when our eyes are blind.

And if, this love is extended to us, how much more to you, you who are so special and so chosen by God to know the wonders of Him. Wonders that I could not even hope to know. You who have been chosen, singled out to be loved. You who have known such grace of our Lord. You who have been favored among men, you, even more than I, are cared for by our Lord, loved unconditionally, unfailingly, by God Himself, but also by a host that have gone before you. This Christmas, allow yourself eyes to see all that is yours, the gifts that others dismiss, the wonders of our Lord and King.

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As Christmas is just a couple of days away, I want to offer a word of encouragement to all who are suffering especially financially. I don't know if this will sound like an encouragement to some, but it is offered in the spirit of encouragement at least.

I sit here, freezing in the cold of the house, we have insufficient heat, our pipes are frozen and so there is no water. Our 19 year old son is in Iraq this Christmas, his second away from family and friends. Our third son is battling his 3rd kidney infection since June, a condition that threatens to give him blood poisoning. The emergency room drs. want him to be screened by a urologist, but we can't get an appointment. My father in law had a valve replaced the week before Christmas, they are in florida and we can't travel to visit, nor can we afford to call. We live at about 1/2 poverty level, and just lost $500 of food money a month from our budget. And that is just the serious stuff. As I sit here and type this, I feel an urge to cry, to allow the tears to stream down my checks and just simply sob. I feel an urge to cry out to God, "why have you forsaken us, why have you turned your back on us, why do you not hear our cries". And then, somewhere in the silent corners of my mind, I am reminded.

I look around me and hear the sounds of my children as they grow anxious for the joys of Christmas morn, doesn't matter what if anything they get, Christmas is upon us. I feel some heat creep from the basement, and think of the wood that was given to us, wood that will keep the house at 40 or above this winter. I crawl out from under the covers and feel the weight of many blankets, a gift of warmth on cold, cold nights. I think of what we might have for food this day, and am reminded of the turkey and deer meat that we were given and know that this day, we will eat. I listen for the phone to ring and know that if it does not, my husband has not yet been laid off. I listen to the weather and know that within a couple of days, the temps are to warm at least to the 40's. And as I remember the many blessing that we do have, I know, from the things of the past, that God is indeed listening, God is careing for us. God is indeed our living God who has not forsaken us. He has not abandoned us. No matter what we feel, it is our God who knows what we need and if we rest in His arms, if we learn to trust in His care, we will know the love that others dismiss by thier blindness and focus on the things they do not have. I am reminded of the lessons of the past, and know that what others pass off as luck, is really God's provision and it is in this hope that I will face Christmas, not worrying about the cold or the lack of water. Not worrying about our children, but rejoicing that our God reigns, that our God lives, that we are Loved and cared for, even when our eyes are blind.

And if, this love is extended to us, how much more to you, you who are so special and so chosen by God to know the wonders of Him. Wonders that I could not even hope to know. You who have been chosen, singled out to be loved. You who have known such grace of our Lord. You who have been favored among men, you, even more than I, are cared for by our Lord, loved unconditionally, unfailingly, by God Himself, but also by a host that have gone before you. This Christmas, allow yourself eyes to see all that is yours, the gifts that others dismiss, the wonders of our Lord and King.

Thanx for that, Raz
i can't find the right words to put down here...so i won't try.
You're such an inspiration.
Maybe look at it like this, you're temporarily being a modern day Job.
Merry Christmas.
If i had it, God knows, i would hook you up financially

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanx for that, Raz
i can't find the right words to put down here...so i won't try.
You're such an inspiration.
Maybe look at it like this, you're temporarily being a modern day Job.
Merry Christmas.
If i had it, God knows, i would hook you up financially
Others have called me a modern day Job as well, of this I am not comfortable, maybe because I see my own failings toooooo well. But this I am confident in, Love brought us to this place where we are today, and it will be Love that will deliver us, all in God's time. We just have to learn to wait patiently for that Love to fulfill it's purpose, which is the hard part.

Have a wonderous Christmas, full of His grace, Love, and Hope!!!!

Upvote 0