Not open for further replies.

QU3TIP_24

Aug 13, 2009
✟15,117.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Anyways. I know envy is a sin. But what can you do to prevent it? I guess i'll give you the story. There was a girl i liked, a lot. I thought it was going good, but then out of no where my friend comes in and starts to like her! I dont even know what happened! all i know now is that they are going out, and he is rubbing it in my face. And i got seem to get rid of the jeaslousy. I feel that he didnt deserve her. or something like that.

childofGod31

May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyways. I know envy is a sin. But what can you do to prevent it? I guess i'll give you the story. There was a girl i liked, a lot. I thought it was going good, but then out of no where my friend comes in and starts to like her! I dont even know what happened! all i know now is that they are going out, and he is rubbing it in my face. And i got seem to get rid of the jeaslousy. I feel that he didnt deserve her. or something like that.

You get rid of jealousy by finding a better love - God. Get close to Him. He is a Lover of our souls. He longs to love you. Find Him. Find His heart. Reach out to Him. Give yourself to Him. And He will be your FIRST LOVE. And you won't have to be jealous over some girl because no soul can be satisfied by a girl. Our souls were created to find their fulfillment in God. And God longs to be loved by us. So, do yourself a huge favor, give yourself a great gift- get to know the Lover of your soul! And you will be happier than you could ever be with this girl

http://www.christianforums.com/t7396581/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

freeport

"All of man's progress is because of envy of his neighbor"...

Not some, alll.

Only envy you should live in is envy of the Spirit against the world... "the Spirit in us envies intensely"...

Upvote 0

donb1959

Jesus Freak
Aug 24, 2009
NC
Visit site
✟15,254.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said it was a sin, I thought the Act of Jesus, Did away with your sins. Are you into
Works or something. So you get upset about a girl, We all do. It's part of Life.
Enough with the Drama, Go find a new one, Clue, She likes someone else, Get over it.

This is Christian advice?......First, we all sin, everyday. All Christians should be "into works".

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The story isn't over yet. People break up all the time. Be who you need to be, and be a considerate friend to her.

Remember that she is not a commodity. She made a decision to befriend him, and accept his invitations. That doesn't mean she wouldn't have accepted your offers too. But she is a person, with attitudes and opinions. There is something she appreciates about your friend, that has led her to make this set of decisions.

Girls may be flattered by "getting the guy," but that challenge doesn't last long. Any meaningful relationship gets tested over time, and most trials turn out to be mismatches. See this situation as one in a set of sequences.

Dating relationships are so much like games... and then suddenly people find themselves too deep into reality to stop playing. Consider this your time to work on restraint, being a decent guy, letting your friend enjoy the relationship (with you still a part of the group). Be who you need to be.

Upvote 0
S

SportsJunkie25

Did you ever ask her out? If not, consider this a life lesson. Whenever you see something you want, don't take forever to go after it b/c someone can come in and take it from you.

I know a lot of posters are saying you're eye should be on God...I mean, it should but I can see how you would be envious in your position. But like I said, if you liked her and you didn't ask her out, honestly, you kind put yourself in this position. Next time, don't wait...make a move...like your friend did! ;)

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Whenever you see something you want, don't take forever to go after it b/c someone can come in and take it from you.
:clap:

Ex 20:17
You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

She is technically not his wife yet. Or a possession. But if you want to practice ethics and avoid being like the people who offend you, then bow out gracefully. Life will bring many situations that can lead to envy. Picture whether your envy motivates others to want to help you. Not usually.

Step back and look at what life is. What you wish your life was about. If you get, get, get everything you wish for, then you might have the appearance you want to portray.

The accumulated collection doesn't give you lasting friends, a sense of security, or contentment with life. These things come from internal choices. Getting what we want is just one more taste of rush-and-closure, over with. Adrenaline. Hoarding.

When we struggle to become acceptable in others' eyes, we often find that they didn't want to give the acceptance at the end anyway. People by nature want to be on top, so they set acceptance terms higher and higher. Get the car, get the luxury home. Then people despise instead of adore.

What people really want is to be respected for what they have done. If you give them respect instead of showing accomplishments, you are more likely to get it back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

All I can say is this, if God wants the two of you to be together then you will be together.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.