Nowhere
✟24,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, right before my ex and I broke up (like, a week before), we crossed some pretty significant boundaries, physically speaking. We didn't go "all the way," but we did do some significant and sinful things.

I told my ladies small group about it (it was me and 3 other ladies my age). My roommate at the time is part of that group, and when I was mentioning how we'd sinned, I was vague but I added "You're not going to have another roommate in 9 months," essentially trying to say that we didn't go "all the way." But then on another day we met, later, I mentioned being worried about being pregnant (because I was concerned about a .01% chance that what we did could have gotten me pregnant).

And based on what my roommate said to me, trying to console me, I think it's possible she thinks we went all the way. I think it's possible the other girls think we went all the way. And I want to clear the air because it's not just my reputation on the line, it's my ex's, too. I don't care so much about what people think of me, but I want to make sure I'm clear about other people.

Granted, this all happened a few months ago. This week will likely be our last time meeting as a group, due to some changes. So I've been feeling like i need to clear the air and make sure they all know what didn't happen.

At the same time, I do have some OCD tendencies, and one of them is a confession compulsion.

I'd be interested in seeing what people's thoughts are on this. Thanks!

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't see any need to bring it up again. In Matt 5 Jesus said to look on a woman with lust is to be guilty (at some level) in heaven's eyes of adultery.

Matt 5:
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Don't get caught up in the business of trying to polish and freshen up one act of sin by claiming it is not some other act of sin. You have already confessed enough and you are not going to help either one of the two of you by talking about it more. The more you get into details the more you open doors for rumors and tale bearing.

Confess to God, ask Him for forgiveness and move on. Toying around with a prior fall is like agitating an open wound. IT does not improve anything and could easily take "bad" and make it "worse" in terms of rumor mill activity.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus forgives sins by repentance. I'm not judging anyone or criticizing anyone.

Christian people have to avoid gossip. This nonsense goes on in churches. Instead of studying with the pastor. Some Christian people want to hear latest gossip.
Romans 1:29 and 2 corthians 12:20. Gossip should not pass lips of Christian people.
Slander is even worse.
2 thessalonians 3:11. Same applys to busy bodys.

Proverbs 16:28. Don't spread lies.
Proverbs 20:19. Don't slander. Don't reveal secrets that someone confides in you. Unless they committed crime. Use common sense.

And Christian people absolutely should not have relationships with the heathen. Thier not compadable.
What agreement does Jesus have with satan.??

Theirs no unity between children of light and the children of darkness.

Corinthians chapter 6 . What concord does temple of God have with temple of belial ??.

Christian people can't serve Jesus and satan the same time.

Christian people are here to witness to the heathen. Thier lost souls headed for hell.
Ezekiel chapter 33 . God has no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked. Get the picture.

If your looking for marriage or boyfriend. Let it be Christian. Never allow anyone to compromise your values and beliefs.

Stay away from gossips. Christian people are not to engage in these activities.

Repent sins to God and be forgiven. Just learn from your mistakes.

We all make mistakes.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LaundrySoap

Jul 3, 2022
Nowhere
✟24,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, another person who's opinion I trust said not to bring it up again (this is in a different online group). Last night was our very last night of our ladies group, and the only way I could bring it up again would be to text them, which I don't want to do.

But I trust the person who said don't bring it up, and even though I'm anxious I'm just going with that.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So, right before my ex and I broke up (like, a week before), we crossed some pretty significant boundaries, physically speaking. We didn't go "all the way," but we did do some significant and sinful things.

I told my ladies small group about it (it was me and 3 other ladies my age). My roommate at the time is part of that group, and when I was mentioning how we'd sinned, I was vague but I added "You're not going to have another roommate in 9 months," essentially trying to say that we didn't go "all the way." But then on another day we met, later, I mentioned being worried about being pregnant (because I was concerned about a .01% chance that what we did could have gotten me pregnant).

And based on what my roommate said to me, trying to console me, I think it's possible she thinks we went all the way. I think it's possible the other girls think we went all the way. And I want to clear the air because it's not just my reputation on the line, it's my ex's, too. I don't care so much about what people think of me, but I want to make sure I'm clear about other people.

Granted, this all happened a few months ago. This week will likely be our last time meeting as a group, due to some changes. So I've been feeling like i need to clear the air and make sure they all know what didn't happen.

At the same time, I do have some OCD tendencies, and one of them is a confession compulsion.

I'd be interested in seeing what people's thoughts are on this. Thanks!
The basic principle is if the sin is private, confess to God. If the sin is public, confess to those you've offended. If that is just one person, that's the only one you need to involve.

Pray for wisdom. Let the Lord lead you.

Upvote 0