Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
In my dream, a demon was following me around. It was a female demon. She had rotted yet gray flesh and presented herself as about 12 years old. All I had to do was accept her into my life and she would heal me of my illnesses. I kept running from her until I finally woke up singing, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In my dream, a demon was following me around. It was a female demon. She had rotted yet gray flesh and presented herself as about 12 years old. All I had to do was accept her into my life and she would heal me of my illnesses. I kept running from her until I finally woke up singing, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

Are you serious?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I have had dreams like that! They really shake you up!

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I just have a vivid imagination.

Yes I'm serious.
Lol! I had a dream where there was a demon that was disguised as an old woman. I kept asking it to reveal itself in Jesus' name. I think I ended up pushing it out a window. I have had some pretty scary ones myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Whenever I have a dark or disturbing situation I think upon 1 John 4:1-4

1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
4You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

I've summed it up into a quick little phrase that I will speak out loud,

"Jesus Christ came in the flesh and conquered sin and death".

It's cleared the air every time I've used it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I still do not know what the ones I had meant. Other than to be aware the devil prowls about like a lion seeing who he may devour. I think it is more about exercising discernment and remaining aware of the reality of temptation and evil.
I'm sorry, I have no idea how to interpret this. I require specificity. It's not you, it's me.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I still do not know what the ones I had meant. Other than to be aware the devil prowls about like a lion seeing who he may devour. I think it is more about exercising discernment and remaining aware of ghe reality of temptation and evil.
I think the devil is trying to capitalize on my health problems. The promise of healing had I accepted this ugly wench was appealing for a split second but Jesus wins every time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I notice I have these types of dreams when I am stressed or spiritually worn down or struggling.
I think the devil is trying to capitalize on my health problems. The promise of healing had I accepted this ugly wench was appealing for a split second but Jesus wins every time.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i've had times when i was like between being awake and being asleep, and sorta' paralyzed and seen or sensed things like that.....once i was shaking so bad...i somehow said or thought "Jesus" and i woke up...i was still shook up though.....

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
i've had times when i was like between being awake and being asleep, and sorta' paralyzed and seen or sensed things like that.....once i was shaking so bad...i somehow said or thought "Jesus" and i woke up...i was still shook up though.....
Sleep paralysis. I get it once in awhile. I had bad apnea as a kid too.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sleep paralysis. I get it once in awhile. I had bad apnea as a kid too.

Yes, it's horrible......i had not had it in a long time.....and this was sooo "real"

i've had apnea also, and panic attacks...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

you've come a long way if you can see them as they are--dead, rotting flesh and all!

I've had some scary dreams myself, and some even scarier encounters while awake.
a pack of black dogs running through graveyards comes to mind.
a friend of mine had a similar encounter with a pack of black dogs that surrounded his parked car at night.
he told me later that he was afraid to get out until he saw me pull up to park behind him.
he thought they were actual dogs (scary enough) but i knew better.

seeing satan and his demons in hell was another dream i had. bad dream!

I've learned how to recognize and handle them, though (running away is definitely recommended).
but only confront demons if you're wearing spiritual armor.

St. Padre Pio was never without his rosary, the "weapon for these times".
and indeed it is a very good weapon to use against them.
I've been told that the Knights of Columbus always keep a rosary in their pocket so they are always ready
should a rosary be needed in a pinch. it's a good thing to do!

also realize that there are times and seasons when demonic activity is very prevalent--and Lent is most definitely one of those times.
Halloween is another. Do not go spiritually unarmed during those times!

being aware is the first step.
being confessed, receiving the eucharest often, and being ready is the second step
to handling these occasions.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you are taking any medications it's possible that they are the culprit for the vivid dreams rather than any demonic force. Certain antidepressants and antipsychotic medications are especially prone to causing nightmares and bizarre dreams, but several other drugs can also cause them. I had psychedelic dreams due to taking an anti-malarial before we went to South America. I still remember one recurrent dream even though I was really young at the time. In it my dad had an evil twin trying to kidnap me, and the only way I could tell them apart was by their socks. My dad's were always green, though in real life I don't think he's ever worn green socks... Not all that scary, but at the time it was, ha. Hope you can get some peaceful sleep.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If you are taking any medications it's possible that they are the culprit for the vivid dreams rather than any demonic force. Certain antidepressants and antipsychotic medications are especially prone to causing nightmares and bizarre dreams, but several other drugs can also cause them. I had psychedelic dreams due to taking an anti-malarial before we went to South America. I still remember one recurrent dream even though I was really young at the time. In it my dad had an evil twin trying to kidnap me, and the only way I could tell them apart was by their socks. My dad's were always green, though in real life I don't think he's ever worn green socks... Not all that scary, but at the time it was, ha. Hope you can get some peaceful sleep.

they don't cause the dreams, but they do inhibit the brain's natural protections, and thus lay one open for demonic influence.
so do many drugs and plants that alter your state of consciousness.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
You can try to explain it scientifically and cut the spiritual out like the rest of the world, but I don't take meds. I refuse.

Upvote 0