TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last week I made an appointment to see one of the doctors, I didn't really trust, I only did it because it was fairly urgent and this other doctor is not available

I have always try to avoid this doctor because what happened about a year ago

I went to see her, and she asked me about the fact I came in to see a doctor a week before and ask for an extension. I was taken aback because I did nothing of the sort.

I told her and she tried to back paddle, i had no idea what happened, who is telling the truth, or who is lying?

i went back to her two or three months later, asking for an extension, she didn't turn me down because I did have a legitimate reason, but it was borderline.

but she wont do it either

I gave in

the very next time I saw another doctor, she seemed really unhappy to see me, until I opened mine mouth and told her why I was there ( nothing to do with extension), she then relaxed

in the past, i have had health professional put things on mine notes that they should not have, because of their own personal issues.

anyway, go back to this doctor.

I went in to see her, initially it wasn't OK, then she was nice

I don't why, after i left the office, as I get to the counter of receptionist, the first thing said to her was " what is your procedure on viewing the notes?'

she said she wasn't sure, so she went away and checked, it took a long long time for a simple question

when I looked back, i realized it was unusual for me to ask her about that straight up, and she probably realized it is this doctor's note i want to look at

if so, she probably went to this doctor and asked this question as a way of giving the doctor's head up

anyway, i went in the next day to make an appointment to see mine notes, the receptionist gave me really cold stare in the beggining and the end

interesting enough, there was this other woman in the office, when she heard me asking this question, she looked up and stared at me in a cold way, and maintain the gaze for a while

I am concerned because in the past i have dealt with slander within a health setting

tomorrow is mine appointment, what should i say?

it will probably make things worse if I just want to see that doctor's notes on it's own.

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You shouldn't be treated like that...I am sorry this is happening. I wish I had advice but I am not sure what to say...maybe you could ask what their problem is? Like why they are acting this way? There has to be a reason I figure...but sometimes we assume things and blow things out of proportion and think people have something against us when really they were just having a bad day or were in a bad mood (she gave you a cold stare, maybe she wasn't feeling good that day or something). I do that all the time. People's moods affect me very much, they call it empathy or introversion. I'm an INFP (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving based on MBTI personality test) and basically I take in how I see people behave and get emotionally affected by it. If I am around someone who is impatient or depressed, their moods instantly affect mine and I can assume things like "they don't like me" "I did something wrong" etc. when in reality they were just feeling bad and it had absolutely nothing to do with me!

On the other side of the coin, there could be an actual reason why you're being given attitude at this doctor's office. I would just relax and see how it goes, and if you sense attitude again ask them if there is something wrong and see how they respond.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You shouldn't be treated like that...I am sorry this is happening. I wish I had advice but I am not sure what to say...maybe you could ask what their problem is? Like why they are acting this way? There has to be a reason I figure...but sometimes we assume things and blow things out of proportion and think people have something against us when really they were just having a bad day or were in a bad mood (she gave you a cold stare, maybe she wasn't feeling good that day or something). I do that all the time. People's moods affect me very much, they call it empathy or introversion. I'm an INFP (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving based on MBTI personality test) and basically I take in how I see people behave and get emotionally affected by it. If I am around someone who is impatient or depressed, their moods instantly affect mine and I can assume things like "they don't like me" "I did something wrong" etc. when in reality they were just feeling bad and it had absolutely nothing to do with me!

On the other side of the coin, there could be an actual reason why you're being given attitude at this doctor's office. I would just relax and see how it goes, and if you sense attitude again ask them if there is something wrong and see how they respond.

hello

thanks very much for reply

I find it really helpful

I don't know why, it is really hard for me to get a response on the advice forum these days.

so thanks again :)

Upvote 0

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
hello

thanks very much for reply

I find it really helpful

I don't know why, it is really hard for me to get a response on the advice forum these days.

so thanks again :)
Of course I am glad to help. I know how you feel. Us Christians are supposed to be there for each other even when we don't know what to say.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course I am glad to help. I know how you feel. Us Christians are supposed to be there for each other even when we don't know what to say.

yeah, I think sometimes the Church can be coldest and loneliest place in the world.....

we pay all this lip service about loving God...

it is like yesterday I went to this sermon where the speaker was talking about the word hospitality in the scripture does not simply mean inviting bunch of your friends to a party and have a good time ( though there is nothing wrong in that), but to extend hand friendship towards those who are left out......

I am not bracing myself any impacts though.....

anyway, that is mine vent for the day :p

God bless you

Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0