• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I quit and you can too!

JesusLuvsYou

Aug 20, 2012
Canada
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I smoked cigarettes for 16 years. I tried everything to quit. Nothing I did was good enough. Plus I was a habitual social drinker so that definitely didn't help my situation. Last year September I had an encounter with God. He delivered my from all addictions. As of that day I lost ALL desire for cigarettes and alcohol. If we cry out to God and ask Him to heal, deliver and save us, He is faithful to do so. All we have to do is believe. I give God all the glory for He gave me the strength to do what I had been yearning to do for years. If He did it for me He can do it for you too! Be encouraged :)

G

Gavriella

I smoked cigarettes for 16 years. I tried everything to quit. Nothing I did was good enough. Plus I was a habitual social drinker so that definitely didn't help my situation. Last year September I had an encounter with God. He delivered my from all addictions. As of that day I lost ALL desire for cigarettes and alcohol. If we cry out to God and ask Him to heal, deliver and save us, He is faithful to do so. All we have to do is believe. I give God all the glory for He gave me the strength to do what I had been yearning to do for years. If He did it for me He can do it for you too! Be encouraged :)

Very proud of you :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

your onto it :)

this is how i got free from smoking also ..i said to the lord "lord i know this is not supposed to be part of my life in you " please forgive me and free me .. and then i went away and believed ..
not really sure all the things that happened little by little ,all i know is that a few months later i was no longer a smoker and never have since .that was 7 years ago .and a two pack a day habit (along with dope and meth) all gone , no struggle . GOD IS GOOD !:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Allan McDougall

Oct 6, 2012
Guelph Ont. Can.
✟15,251.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][BIBLE]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Psalm 33:18-22 (N.I.V.)

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those [/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine .We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us O Lord even as we put our hope in you..[/FONT]
[/BIBLE]

Amen Jesus luvsyou
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums