I need some advice for my salvation.

MAG1991

Jan 24, 2013
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Ok Im going to star by saying hello and i'm new to cf and i wanted some advice because for a few things. First off im happily engaged to a wonderful woman. We do live together and we have two beautiful little girls. I know we are living in sin because we are not married and this has been bothering me. I need some help with this. we are a young couple i am 21 and she is 19 and i havnt the slightest clue on how to get married the right way and to not be living in sin anymore. and also neither of us has ever been babtised (sorry is i spelled it wrong) and i know we have to be to enter the kingdom of heaven. im concered cuz i know time is running out and i dnt want us to stay on this earth durring the tribulation. please any advice is helpfull.

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
I know that this is rather a short answer but it would help if you could find a good Full Gospel church in your area. Are you able to mention where you live as some forum members may be able to suggest some good churches.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I live in upstate sc in central near clemson. im pretty much in the center of the Bible Belt
As I’m from Australia I can’t really be of much help regarding a good church in your area. I did find one smaller size congregation up in North East Clemson area which is the New Life Church, 1057 West Main Street, Central, SC. 29630 864 639-4116. Hopefully someone on this forum who knows the area can be of more assistance.

My wife and I have just come back from a six week trip across 11 US states along with Canada but we could not manage to get to your part of the world much to our regret. We had planned to travel slowly down from Baltimore MD down to Florida via Amtrak but having experienced it across some of your North Eastern states we thought that the sleeper option might be a bit too rough us – Amtrak need to spend some serious money on their rail network though we found their staff to be friendly and helpful.

But to return to the point of this topic, it would be easy for me and others to offer a few comments but it does seem that you would be better served by finding a good healthy church in your area as they will be better able to answer your questions and help you along as you commit your lives to Christ.

Upvote 0

captainkate

If not me, then who?
Nov 23, 2008
Sector 001
✟17,061.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok Im going to star by saying hello and i'm new to cf and i wanted some advice because for a few things. First off im happily engaged to a wonderful woman. We do live together and we have two beautiful little girls. I know we are living in sin because we are not married and this has been bothering me. I need some help with this. we are a young couple i am 21 and she is 19 and i havnt the slightest clue on how to get married the right way and to not be living in sin anymore. and also neither of us has ever been babtised (sorry is i spelled it wrong) and i know we have to be to enter the kingdom of heaven. im concered cuz i know time is running out and i dnt want us to stay on this earth durring the tribulation. please any advice is helpfull.

There is no specific right way to get married. You can take your darling and the little ones down to the court house and fill out the paperwork to get married. It cost's 25 dollars here. OR You can have a fancy ceremony. Either one works for God. :) :wave: Then you can repent and our loving Father will throw all that into the sea of forgetfulness and remember it no more. :thumbsup:

I don't see whether or not you said you are born-again. Please pardon me if I missed it. Are you born-again. :angel:

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Ok Im going to star by saying hello and i'm new to cf and i wanted some advice because for a few things. First off im happily engaged to a wonderful woman. We do live together and we have two beautiful little girls."

IF you have two girls, and they're yours and hers then you ARE "Married" in the sight of God through the joining of flesh, but don't have the government's official approval of it yet (I don't know what the "Common law" ordinances in SC are).

Formalizing the Marriage would be a really good thing to do (for many reasons). While the more "Legalistic Churches would call it "Living in Sin" - it really isn't as long as y'all are committed one to the other, and live monogamously as a couple.

"i havnt the slightest clue on how to get married the right way and to not be living in sin anymore".

Simple - head on down to the city hall, and get a marriage license, and have the marriage legally formalized by either a minister or a Justice of the peace.

"and also neither of us has ever been babtised (sorry is i spelled it wrong) and i know we have to be to enter the kingdom of heaven."

This is the MORE IMPORTANT issue involved here. Chances are you're NOT "Christians" yet.

"Baptism" doesn't have anything to do with being "Born Again" - Becoming a Christian. That's accomplished By FAITH in the Sacrifice of Jesus for your sin.

You'll need to get with a Minister in a evangelical church in your area - Assembly of God, Church of God, Baptist, etc. And tell him you're concerned about your Relationship with God. They'll know what to do. And When you've become Christians, THEN you can be baptized.

And when you become Christians - then the Minister who led you to the Lord will be happy to marry you in his church, and celebrate your marriage with you. -

Simple as that.

Upvote 0