I may get into major trouble for this, but here we go.....

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Something I don't get. "Traditional men" want a "traditional woman," which means that the "traditional man" believes he should be the primary provider. If he doesn't want to pay for the date, that indicates he doesn't want to provide, in the future.

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Something I don't get. "Traditional men" want a "traditional woman," which means that the "traditional man" believes he should be the primary provider. If he doesn't want to pay for the date, that indicates he doesn't want to provide, in the future.
Honestly, and maybe I am jaded, I won't consider dating now.
But if a guy is expecting a woman to pay... to split the costs, it's not usually a good sign.
1. Maybe he is just a friend.
2. He's cheap.
3. He expects not to pay.

And a woman who wants to pay might not want to owe a guy something. Because it feels like you owe, somehow, if you just do not vibe at the core.

There seem to be gold diggers in both genders.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
True. And, a lot of these men want traditional women but don't want to actually be traditional men. They don't realize their own hypocrisy. They are only able to call out hypocrisy in women but have little to no self-reflection.

What this translates to for a lot of people today is that what many men want is a woman who will do everything, including all of the parenting, housework, will still have her own job, while he comes home from work to play video games, watch inappropriate content, etc. They just don't want to put any work into marriage. Then everyone wonders why women initiate divorce at higher rates. Many are already, essentially, single mothers. It's easier on them to actually become single mothers in truth.

You wouldn't believe all of the men out there who actually think women should be held to higher standards than they are. I've been floored with how many times I've seen this attitude, even on Christian boards. It's a very 'do as I say, not as I do' type of mentality and it is toxic.

There are a lot of lost people in the younger generations. P@rn-ography and social media have negatively affected society.

• Winner
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0