USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone! I hope you all are doing well. A bit about myself is that i am a 24 year old male. I am person who prays everyday and reads the bible everyday just so I can know who God is. I have been giving up a lot of things just so I can get closer to God. I have given up television (i only watch christian stuff now), video games, weight lifting (I only run/jog now), and much more. This is important, because what results from here is interesting. I get prayers answered, whether it be a yes or a no. I get that super awesome divine peace, divine joy, etc. I am so happy for it. I know I don't deserve it, and i hope to show/instruct others on seeking God (the way the bible says it), so that they can see that its true what the bible says. I have been intensely seeking God these last 3 years a lot. And i have gotten a lot of "experiences." It's hard to describe. But basically you can begin to see God's work in your life more, than if you never prayed. So why do i say this...It's because despite all this...There is someone i care about deeply and....well here:

Back in high school there was this girl i had a huge crush. We both cared about each other deeply. When i say deeply, i mean deeply. One day, while we were in college, she asked me if I was willing to wait for her until she was like 26 so that we can date.She didn't want to date until she was well established (ex: having a job, providing for her parents). She was like 20 and I was like 19, this happened back in November of 2013. I said yes, that i would wait as long as it takes to be with her. This is the girl I am willing to marry, to love, to cherish, to take care of...to work hard for so that I can provide for her. However, we all know that life happens...especially during college years. And i went through a dark period...I needed to everything aside to seek God. Things happened and we had to separate. We didn't want to. There were tears. She tried emailing me back in December 2014, but I was firm on being left alone. I needed God more than anything.

Time went by and I started to grow and mature in my faith with God, and in this life. I graduated from the university. I started my own business, by God's own grace and mercy. I bought my own truck....I basically started to do grown up stuff. And now that I am here, i am noticing that I am slowly getting out of that dark place. I am ready to reconsider dating. And she crossed my mind. She will be 26 next year, the year we decided it would be okay for us to finally date one another. And i have that promise dearly in my heart *tear.* During this time apart, I never dated anyone, nor pursued a lady. But now that I am grown up and mature I felt ready to reconnect with her.

The last time we spoke has been 2014 december. Since then I don't know anything of her situation...It's a hopeless case (i know...*sad face*). But every worry that I have, I bring it to God. And He answers in His own time. i have seen it countless of times, over and over again. That's how I got the business started. I graduated from college, couldn't find a job. I cried my heart out to God for a long time. Searching, begging Him to guide me, to help me. And this door of opportunity opened, and now I have my own business. So through life experience I have learned to always put everything in God's hands and He will guide me and lead me in the path He wants me to go.

So i have been praying crazy for my crush. Since we ended on a "to be continued kind of note" I thought there still may be a chance. So i prayed like super crazy. I have felt this awesome presence fall over me as I prayed..So i know God hears my prayers. But i don't know the answer...SO HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY THAT JUST HAS ME STUCK:

Yesterday while praying in the alter, people came and prayed for me (the usual, and i love it, they are so nice). However, while on my knees i have been praying for my crush (yes, i am lovesick). A lady came to me and started praying. She asked for God to use me, since this is my generation...Something like that...Then things started to change....I have already felt the presence in the alter, but i felt it get stronger. Then the old lady that was praying for me got really serious and prayed..."Be strong....This is not your will, but it is God's will."

I know God can speak through people. He's done it many times in my life. I have notes written down of certain "words" that have come true. I dont search for these special "words", but when they happen, I make sure to write it down. I am pretty sure what happened yesterday was a distinct "word." And I am struck by it....What do you think it means...."Be strong...Not my will, but God's will."

Like I said before, I have been searching for God like crazy because I need Him. And as a result certain things happen. But one thing that has been happening is that I feel like I am going to get a calling for the ministry. I am not sure yet, but i feel it deep in my spirit. I only feel it when I am deep in prayer and reading the bible. Then it goes away as I worry about life....But during this altar call I was praying about my crush....I just don't know. What do you guys think? (And could you guys help me pray for this. Although i do miss her dearly, i dont want what I want. I want God's will. If its a no from God, then its a no. If its a yes, then its a yes. But while I wait, I will pray. I would just like to know the answer, you know.)

DarkGalaxy501

Jun 2, 2015
USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Just get in touch with her and see if shes still single and go from there.
I did. The thing is...I delete all of my social media. She told me not to do it, but I said that I must....Later on, i learned that she also deleted her social media. She tried contacting me through cell phone, but back in 2014 i blocked her number, so I wouldnt fall into temptation of falling in love all over again. But as time went on I got a new phone/new number....And have lost her number. The only thing I have is her old high school email. I emailed her last week on Sunday. But she hasn't responded. So either she doesnt use that email anymore, she doesnt want to talk...I don't know. This is the reason I decided to take it in prayer. Maybe something can happen if I prayed.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟329,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did. The thing is...I delete all of my social media. She told me not to do it, but I said that I must....Later on, i learned that she also deleted her social media. She tried contacting me through cell phone, but back in 2014 i blocked her number, so I wouldnt fall into temptation of falling in love all over again. But as time went on I got a new phone/new number....And have lost her number. The only thing I have is her old high school email. I emailed her last week on Sunday. But she hasn't responded. So either she doesnt use that email anymore, she doesnt want to talk...I don't know. This is the reason I decided to take it in prayer. Maybe something can happen if I prayed.

There has to be a family member of hers or friend of hers on facebook you can message who can get you guys in touch.

Upvote 0

DarkGalaxy501

Jun 2, 2015
USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You're so anxious about this, I don't know how you're going to determine God's will for it.
Im not that anxious about it. I am just worried about walking correctly before God. I just finished praying and i have this awesome peace. It is in God's hands. I am sure of it. Whether its yes or no, Jesus Christ is enough. I just have to wait and see what's going to happen.

Upvote 0

DarkGalaxy501

Jun 2, 2015
USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Outside of the bible we cant know God's will. People get into so numu trouble thinking they know God's will when they don't. If you think you know his will guess what you don't and can't so stop trying.
True, it is a challenge to know God's will. Or, to know what is God up to. That is what we learn in the book of Job. When Job lost everything and he questioned God...God didn't answer his question, but rather showed him a different side of who He is. A side Job didnt recognize. After Job learned that God is the almighty God, he learned to trust him. Despite not knowing the answer, He learned to trust God in the good and bad. Habbakuk learned the same thing to. As for this scenario I put it again prayer. And after this prayer session i do have peace. I dont know the answer, but I know that He knows. So I am just going to continue searching for God so I can be a light to those around me. In time He will give His answer. =) Thanks for your reply! Be blessed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,519.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just do it man....

The only reason NOT to fall in love is either you're fine without it OR there's a huge conspiracy behind it we have no clue about...

God's ONLY Will is to believe in His Son. Ironically, that is in the Bible.

It's so simple, don't make it complicated. How we make the right choices in life is through the knowledge of God's Word. Wish I have known it a lot sooner so I didn't have to make so many bad choices in life.

Upvote 0

DarkGalaxy501

Jun 2, 2015
USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Just do it man....

The only reason NOT to fall in love is either you're fine without it OR there's a huge conspiracy behind it we have no clue about...

God's ONLY Will is to believe in His Son. Ironically, that is in the Bible.

It's so simple, don't make it complicated. How we make the right choices in life is through the knowledge of God's Word. Wish I have known it a lot sooner so I didn't have to make so many bad choices in life.

Thanks bro! =) I will go for it, if i ever see her again. =/ But no need to be so sad. I trust God will do what is best. Be blessed, amigo!

Upvote 0