New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're commanded to love people, regardless of our affection toward them; we don't have to like everyone (or anyone). Loving them means desiring their good - in temporal and eternal things. Love is an action, the result of a free choice ... not the height of emotion.

Christ didn't say, "like one another as I have liked you" or "like your neighbor as yourself." (Thankfully).

I agree with Carrye on this.

Upvote 0

Jeff91199

The Guy in the Soundproof Box
Aug 31, 2003
New York, New York
Visit site
✟8,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're commanded to love people, regardless of our affection toward them; we don't have to like everyone (or anyone). Loving them means desiring their good - in temporal and eternal things. Love is an action, the result of a free choice ... not the height of emotion.

Christ didn't say, "like one another as I have liked you" or "like your neighbor as yourself." (Thankfully).
Tsk tsk. Command or not, I straight-up don't like, or even love, some people. I've had a lot of problems with being rejected and marginalized by people - even Christians - which makes it very hard to love them, nonetheless.
Hey, nobody's perfect, and God will have to deal with me about that.

Reactions: GuacaMolly
Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Tsk tsk. Command or not, I straight-up don't like, or even love, some people. I've had a lot of problems with being rejected and marginalized by people - even Christians - which makes it very hard to love them, nonetheless.
Hey, nobody's perfect, and God will have to deal with me about that.

Have you forgiven the people that have wronged you?

Upvote 0