I know we're not considered real Christians...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
12volt_man said:
I'm here to ask which is correct:

The rules stating that I am allowed to ask sincere questions in a respectful and polite way, or the PMs I've received stating that I am not.
Well I'm sure the debate is really if you asked them nicely or not. If they disallowed them, then I can guess that they weren’t and based on what I know of you, they probably weren’t and discussing their action in the open forum is also another rule violation so my best advice to you is to quite while you are still ahead.

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
12 volt man,

I said this:

First of all - you ARE considered a "real Christian" even if you are not part of the Catholic Church in a formal sense. All who are baptized into Christ and confess Him are "real Christians." We would say that the "fullness" of Christianity can only be found within the Catholic Church (obviously you would disagree).

And you responded with this:

Unfortunately, while I don't believe that I violated any rules in asking the questions I'm referring to, if I were to respond to this, I would be breaking rules, so this will have to be another discussion for another day.

Well, then, let me make this easier for you.

Just PM me and give me your response. I won't object as long as you are civil. Perhaps I can even help you to word your questions in a way that would be acceptable at OBOB while still retaining the essence of your question/concern etc...

God's Peace,

NewMan

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
12volt_man said:
Because it's a moderator who's causing the confusion by deleting my posts and threatening me with warnings for doing something that the board not only allows, but actually invites me to do.
Apparently you do not understand that making a thread about a mod action whether they be right or wrong is also a rule violation.

Upvote 0

MParedon

Yahweh-nissi
Jan 20, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Catholic
How 'bout we change the tone of this thread into a more condusive atmosphere and then discuss:

O Lord Jesus Christ, Who said to Your Apostles: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you," regard not my sins but the faith of Your Church, and deign to give her peace and unity according to Your Will. Please help us discuss our Faith in you with patience, honesty, integrity, kindness and love. May we ALL strive toward unity in You, Our Heavenly Father:

Who live and reign, God, world without end. Amen.

Upvote 0

MParedon

Yahweh-nissi
Jan 20, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Ok, now....the Catholic Church teaches that all baptized in the Trinitarian formula ARE Christians. Anyone that says anything different about what the Church teaches are spreading False Witness. Those who have spread this false witness to you have done you a disservice, but fortunetly it can end here and now.:hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.