I know we're not considered real Christians...

Status
Not open for further replies.

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
...but are non-Catholics allowed to ask questions about Roman Catholicism in a polite and respectful manner here?

I'm a little confused. The intro to OBOB says:

All Christians are welcome and are invited to discuss issues with us...

2) Those with disagreements or issues about Catholic faith and doctrine are asked to post respectfully and politely; you may "agree to disagree", but you may not disparage, denigrate, or libel Catholicism, nor may you post anything anti-Catholic, links to anti-Catholic websites, pictures, etc. This is a discussion forum, not a debate forum. Feel free to ask questions; but do not slam Catholicism, or the Catholic Church or you will be asked to leave.

Everyone is welcome to post in this forum, and we look forward to stimulating discussions.

...and yet, when I asked what seemed to me to be a very reasonable question my questions were deleted and I was threatened with a warning for asking them.

So, are we allowed to ask questions here or not?

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all - you ARE considered a "real Christian" even if you are not part of the Catholic Church in a formal sense. All who are baptized into Christ and confess Him are "real Christians." We would say that the "fullness" of Christianity can only be found within the Catholic Church (obviously you would disagree).

As long as the questions are asked in a sincere manner and not seeking debate, per se, we are pretty open to hearing from others. We are a bit skittish about being the victims of trollish behavior.

What do you want to know?

God's Peace,

NewMan

Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
12volt_man said:
...but are non-Catholics allowed to ask questions about Roman Catholicism in a polite and respectful manner here?

I'm a little confused. The intro to OBOB says:

...and yet, when I asked what seemed to me to be a very reasonable question my questions were deleted and I was threatened with a warning for asking them.

So, are we allowed to ask questions here or not?

Yes one is allowed to ask questions, if they are sincere questions and asked politley....one is not allowed to debate the answers to those questions though if one is non Catholic......but one dosnt have to agree with the answers.

I came into OBOB as a non Catholic, I was accepted as a Christian, and all my many many questions were answered in a helpful and loving way.

Maybe you need to take a look at how you asked those questions and what the intention of them was.....Some ask questions with the intention of flaming....I dont know what yours were, or how you asked.

Blessings

Les

Reactions: fieldlily
Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
NewMan99 said:
First of all - you ARE considered a "real Christian" even if you are not part of the Catholic Church in a formal sense. All who are baptized into Christ and confess Him are "real Christians." We would say that the "fullness" of Christianity can only be found within the Catholic Church (obviously you would disagree).

Unfortunately, while I don't believe that I violated any rules in asking the questions I'm referring to, if I were to respond to this, I would be breaking rules, so this will have to be another discussion for another day.

As long as the questions are asked in a sincere manner and not seeking debate, per se, we are pretty open to hearing from others. We are a bit skittish about being the victims of trollish behavior.

No, there was nothing trollish at all about them. They were perfectly sincere questions, asked in a polite and respectful manner.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Filia Mariae said:
You are allowed to ask questions. However, beginning them with the title you did is both inflammatory and false. You know very well that Catholics do not deny that Protestants are Christians.

Actually, I've been told many times that protestants and Baptists are not considered to be accepted by God on the same level that Catholics are, but I'd rather not discuss that here.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
poppinskw said:
Yes one is allowed to ask questions, if they are sincere questions and asked politley....one is not allowed to debate the answers to those questions though if one is non Catholic......but one dosnt have to agree with the answers.

No one in that thread ever had a chance to answer.

Maybe you need to take a look at how you asked those questions and what the intention of them was.....Some ask questions with the intention of flaming....I dont know what yours were, or how you asked.

They were sincere questions and I am confident that they were asked in a polite and respectful way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
12volt_man said:
Actually, I've been told many times that protestants and Baptists are not considered to be accepted by God on the same level that Catholics are, but I'd rather not discuss that here.
And that equates that you are not considered a real Christina in what way?
No, we will not validate any of the false things your particular denomination may teach ppl but that doesn’t mean the ppl of your denomination aren’t real Christians.

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
popcorn.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Upon_This_Rock said:
So, are you here to discuss Catholicism or the rules of Christian Forums?
I'm here to ask which is correct:

The rules stating that I am allowed to ask sincere questions in a respectful and polite way, or the PMs I've received stating that I am not.

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
12volt_man said:
I'm here to ask which is correct:

The rules stating that I am allowed to ask sincere questions in a respectful and polite way, or the PMs I've received stating that I am not.

You may ask anything you wish - whether it is polite or not. However, it is the job of the moderators to determine if 1) it is out of bounds and 2) whether it is polite or not regardless of how you may feel.

I'm guess I'm not getting why this is so hard to understand.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.