Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my job just sends me a text and says my assignment has ended. Rent is due. I feel upset bc I'm doing everything alone. When my BD had an alcohol induced seizure. I saved his job but lost mine.

I can't go back home bc my mom lost her place and lives in a hotel. I feel like a failure as a parent and mom.

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Prayed fervently for you, Machiatto. My heart goes out to you - you are dealing with so much. God won't let you down, keep the faith! He is Jehovah Jireh - our Provider...

Genesis 22:13-14 NIV

"Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,476.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I’m so sorry that you’ve been going through all of that. I pray that holy angels will be sent to guide you where you can get a better job. And in due time.

And that you will be given peace and provision in the meantime.

I pray that things will work out well for your mother too.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're not a failure as a parent. But you've compromised yourself continually for your children's father in spite of your circumstances. You can't save or fix him. Your children need you. Every time you move forward you lose what you've gained and oftentimes he's the culprit.

Let him go and give him to the Lord. You are not in a place to rescue anyone. You have to get yourself together. You'll never heal until you lay this down.

File for unemployment and see if you qualify for WIA.

~bella

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're not a failure as a parent. But you've compromised yourself continually for your children's father in spite of your circumstances. You can't save or fix him. Your children need you. Every time you move forward you lose what you've gained and oftentimes he's the culprit.

Let him go and give him to the Lord. You are not in a place to rescue anyone. You have to get yourself together. You'll never heal until you lay this down.

File for unemployment and see if you qualify for WIA.

~bella
How have I compromised myself for him? I've tried unemployment its up to the company to release the funds. They didn't the first time I doubt they would again.

Also I didn't lose my job bc of him. My job, well the job I had is an At Will employer and has the right to terminate whenever they want. I even asked what happened they said they didn't say anything.

As for saving my kids dad. I felt I did the right thing by calling an ambulance and getting him help. He was unconscious and having a seizure. Not sure what else I shouldve done. Also I just want to make it clear I'm not running behind or after this man.

When that incident happened he was helping me by watching the kids while I worked at night. I have no desire for him at all and have definitely released him but I'm just trying to hold him accountable as well. That's where things get tricky.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prayed fervently for you, Machiatto. My heart goes out to you - you are dealing with so much. God won't let you down, keep the faith! He is Jehovah Jireh - our Provider...

Genesis 22:13-14 NIV

"Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”
Thank you. I will pray as well. Thank you all for praying for me.

Reactions: CtC
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I advise you to reach out to your church for help with the rent, as many of them collect benevolence funds for this exact sort of situation. Putting in a phone call to PATH (People helping the homeless) may also connect you with some relief. There are half a bazillion rental assistance programs.

Dear Lord, I pray for Macchiato’s highly stressful situation. I pray that Your peace would guard her heart, and that you would encourage her spirit. Remind her that she is not a terrible parent, and show her that You see her heart to care for others, including her child and his or her father.

I also pray for her financial situation, that the Body of Christ would come alongside her during this difficult time, and that Your name would be glorified through how You provide for her and her family. In Christ’s Name, Amen

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I advise you to reach out to your church for help with the rent, as many of them collect benevolence funds for this exact sort of situation. Putting in a phone call to PATH (People helping the homeless) may also connect you with some relief. There are half a bazillion rental assistance programs.

Dear Lord, I pray for Macchiato’s highly stressful situation. I pray that Your peace would guard her heart, and that you would encourage her spirit. Remind her that she is not a terrible parent, and show her that You see her heart to care for others, including her child and his or her father.

I also pray for her financial situation, that the Body of Christ would come alongside her during this difficult time, and that Your name would be glorified through how You provide for her and her family. In Christ’s Name, Amen
I've tried rental assistance programs. I went down the line. Most said they were only offering it if you were affected by covid so I didn't qualify. I'm just goingnto try to look for more work. Thank you for lifting me up in prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How have I compromised myself for him? I've tried unemployment its up to the company to release the funds. They didn't the first time I doubt they would again.

Also I didn't lose my job bc of him. My job, well the job I had is an At Will employer and has the right to terminate whenever they want. I even asked what happened they said they didn't say anything.

As for saving my kids dad. I felt I did the right thing by calling an ambulance and getting him help. He was unconscious and having a seizure. Not sure what else I shouldve done. Also I just want to make it clear I'm not running behind or after this man.

When that incident happened he was helping me by watching the kids while I worked at night. I have no desire for him at all and have definitely released him but I'm just trying to hold him accountable as well. That's where things get tricky.
If you did compromise (so long as it doesn’t involve conceding as far as your Faith and walk with the Lord Jesus Christ), as in putting that person before yourself, well..that’s what the Christian Faith is all about. Your self-sacrifice will not go unnoticed by God.

You say you’re doing ‘everything’ on your own..so you need to strip ‘everything’ down to just your walk with the Lord and your children, and providing for them. Meaning if there’s anything else you’re involved in, like continuing education for example; consider putting it on hold when possible, until you get in a better position. Don’t put anymore work and stress on yourself than necessary. Strip your life down to the essentials for now.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend writing a nice letter to the highest of the higher ups at your employer..the boss of the bosses, find out who they are and go to the apex of the food chain. Explain your situation to them. Maybe that will get some income back in your hands in less time than it would take to find a new employer and get hired on. Whoever it was that fired you, gotta go to their boss. You’ve got nothing to lose, worth a try. The person or persons who fired you, their bottom line is to keep the apex of the food chain happy so that’s who you have to go to. Remember that God can use anyone, you never know, your situation could touch the top boss’s heart.

If you attend a local religious body, and the leadership and parishioners won’t help til you get back on your feet, leave there and don’t ever return. Because if they won’t help they are not of God.

“But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?”
—1 John 3:17

In fact, if you are in a local religious body there ought to be a sober person or persons there who would be able to help with the kids while you work so you don’t have to depend on your ex. That is the Christian Church described in The Book of Acts, they had no need that wasn’t met and were all of the same accord.

You could also try the ‘crowd funding’ sites, and also seek out smaller, biblical, virtually unknown ministries online who offer assistance to those in need. They do exist but you will have to look around.

“Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah”
—Psalm 62:8

“Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
—Hebrews 4:16

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
—Psalm 46:1

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
—John 16:33

“The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.”
—Nahum 1:7

“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
—James 1:2-4

Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you did compromise (so long as it doesn’t involve conceding as far as your Faith and walk with the Lord Jesus Christ), as in putting that person before yourself, well..that’s what the Christian Faith is all about. Your self-sacrifice will not go unnoticed by God.

You say you’re doing ‘everything’ on your own..so you need to strip ‘everything’ down to just your walk with the Lord and your children, and providing for them. Meaning if there’s anything else you’re involved in, like continuing education for example; consider putting it on hold when possible, until you get in a better position. Don’t put anymore work and stress on yourself than necessary. Strip your life down to the essentials for now.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend writing a nice letter to the highest of the higher ups at your employer..the boss of the bosses, find out who they are and go to the apex of the food chain. Explain your situation to them. Maybe that will get some income back in your hands in less time than it would take to find a new employer and get hired on. Whoever it was that fired you, gotta go to their boss. You’ve got nothing to lose, worth a try. The person or persons who fired you, their bottom line is to keep the apex of the food chain happy so that’s who you have to go to. Remember that God can use anyone, you never know, your situation could touch the top boss’s heart.

If you attend a local religious body, and the leadership and parishioners won’t help til you get back on your feet, leave there and don’t ever return. Because if they won’t help they are not of God.

“But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?”
—1 John 3:17

In fact, if you are in a local religious body there ought to be a sober person or persons there who would be able to help with the kids while you work so you don’t have to depend on your ex. That is the Christian Church described in The Book of Acts, they had no need that wasn’t met and were all of the same accord.

You could also try the ‘crowd funding’ sites, and also seek out smaller, biblical, virtually unknown ministries online who offer assistance to those in need. They do exist but you will have to look around.

“Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah”
—Psalm 62:8

“Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
—Hebrews 4:16

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
—Psalm 46:1

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
—John 16:33

“The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.”
—Nahum 1:7

“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
—James 1:2-4
I have to go to school. This nursing program is only a year and once I'm done I'll never have to worry about financial issues again. I think it's worth it.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

I have no more to say on the matter. You have many years ahead of you and will realize the necessity of letting adults manage themselves. As for nursing, most positions are for evening or night shifts and days require greater seniority. I hope things work out. My stepmother and aunt were D.O.N.'s and I know it well.

~bella

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no more to say on the matter. You have many years ahead of you and will realize the necessity of letting adults manage themselves. As for nursing, most positions are for evening or night shifts and days require greater seniority. I hope things work out. My stepmother and aunt were D.O.N.'s and I know it well.

~bella
Nights are what I prefer. What I need. I'll be okay.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

lollykh

Nov 3, 2012
✟16,304.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So my job just sends me a text and says my assignment has ended. Rent is due. I feel upset bc I'm doing everything alone. When my BD had an alcohol induced seizure. I saved his job but lost mine.

I can't go back home bc my mom lost her place and lives in a hotel. I feel like a failure as a parent and mom.

20240328_222240.jpg

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I truly believe God is going to come through for me. I have a little story to tell I think I'll tell it here.

So, yesterday I was going to go the food pantry because I was running low on food. I lost my EBT card a while ago so I was just making things stretch but I couldn't any longer. So like I said I went to the food pantry but it's only open Mondays to the general public between 3 and 6 and I have to get my son by 4 ( takes 12 minutes to get there but 30 not including traffic to get to my son's therapy clinic ) so I was really pressed for time and cutting it close.

So I get there and as I walked in the staff said how are you going to shop? I said what do you mean? He said you need your own tote bag. I said it doesn't say that on your website and I called ahead of time to make sure I didn't need anything else and no one answered. He basically shrugged me off. I was so mad, I went to my car to see if I had a bag or anything. I didn't. It was getting, close to 4p actually so I got in my car and I wanted to cry so badly bc I needed food for my kids ( especially my son bc I have to send food to his clinic so he can have lunch and eat)

So I pick up my son, pick up my kids-- I decided to check the mail and I almost threw one piece of mail away. I thought it was a bill, I opened it and sure enough it was ebt card. I thanked God so much and so fast and headed to the store.

That moment just really clicked for me that God cares so much and even though I'm going through he shows up in HIS timing and His time is always on time. :)

So its helping me have faith as well as a better attitude.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Still despite this I'm struggling really badly and heavily with my mental health. I have no insurance and I feel I probably need medication or something bad. I texted the 988 number for therapy resources.

I still feel incredibly ashamed so throughly ashamed bc I know people who have more kids than I do and aren't dealing with the mental health issues I have.

Please pray God comes through for me again. I definitely need him to heal me from the inside out.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Still despite this I'm struggling really badly and heavily with my mental health. I have no insurance and I feel I probably need medication or something bad. I texted the 988 number for therapy resources.

I still feel incredibly ashamed so throughly ashamed bc I know people who have more kids than I do and aren't dealing with the mental health issues I have.

Please pray God comes through for me again. I definitely need him to heal me from the inside out.
Don’t compare yourself to others. Can’t waste life doing that, it only leads to more stress and feelings of inadequacy I’d imagine. You’ve got a lot going on so don’t be so hard on yourself. Those people with more kids likely ain’t doing it all entirely on their own, if they’re single they likely have help from family.

If you must seek secular advice I’d recommend looking for advice from someone who has been exactly where you’ve been and overcame it. There’s probably a lot of single moms who share their stories online, similar to your scenario and how they overcame their trials. But whatever you do don’t beat yourself up. And it is more helpful to have guidance from someone who has been in your shoes than some quack in an office who charges an arm and a leg LOL. But whatever you think is best..

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don’t compare yourself to others. Can’t waste life doing that, it only leads to more stress and feelings of inadequacy I’d imagine. You’ve got a lot going on so don’t be so hard on yourself. Those people with more kids likely ain’t doing it all entirely on their own, if they’re single they likely have help from family.

If you must seek secular advice I’d recommend looking for advice from someone who has been exactly where you’ve been and overcame it. There’s probably a lot of single moms who share their stories online, similar to your scenario and how they overcame their trials. But whatever you do don’t beat yourself up. And it is more helpful to have guidance from someone who has been in your shoes than some quack in an office who charges an arm and a leg LOL. But whatever you think is best..
I feel those who " overcame" definitely had help. My mom didn't have much but I feel it's made her a bit bitter. She gives advice but i feel shes so bitter and resentful and barely tries to help me even though im in her situation-- its crazy to me. I have a mom app and they just say you know seek medication ect. Which I may do.

I don't think anything is wrong with that.b

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel those who " overcame" definitely had help. My mom didn't have much but I feel it's made her a bit bitter. She gives advice but i feel shes so bitter and resentful and barely tries to help me even though im in her situation-- its crazy to me. I have a mom app and they just say you know seek medication ect. Which I may do.

I don't think anything is wrong with that.b
Yeah that is pretty crazy your family won’t help out. Used to be; that’s what families were for, you know? Now the world is full of dysfunction like never before.

Remember this verse?

“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
—Psalm 139:14

I don’t want to say ‘things will get better’ or any such cliche LOL, it is likely annoying to hear when in a tough spot and seems there’s no way out. But one day, likely when you don’t expect it, things will change to your favor. Will everything be perfect? No. But you will be content, despite whatever struggles, because you will be walking in closer communion with the Lord than ever before so keep praying.

I know it isn’t easy so there’s really only so much I can say, sometimes just have to wait out the hard times. You never know when your entire situation could change positively though.

Upvote 0