Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave:

Let me tell you someone else that couldn't find it;) .

I sat under a great Old Order River Brethren teacher named Myron Dietz for some classes about church history. Imagine an short stocky little balding fellow with a great white beard who liked to smack the podium when he talked.

Well he was going on about the teaching of the reformer regarding this very subject. "Luther said the church is invisible. Well, I don't know where this invisible church is!! <<smack podium and raise voice to shout>>" It was a great teaching session I still have on tape and he was a terrific anabaptist teacher.

Guess that's something else we have in common? We love the Lord Jesus Christ and believe the church is the visible Body of Christ.:cool:

Pardon me for interrupting your apology...I'll let you get on with it.

Upvote 0

Orthosdoxa

Happy wife and mommy
Feb 11, 2003
nowhere
✟24,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm confused, too... Let's talk about cats instead!

I woke up this morning to a furry orange butt in my face. No, not my hubby, silly! My furbaby, Lenny! And he was just so happy, kneading and purring up a storm. I just wish he would face TOWARDS me instead of away from me during these wake up calls...

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anonykat said:
I'm confused, too... Let's talk about cats instead!

I woke up this morning to a furry orange butt in my face. No, not my hubby, silly! My furbaby, Lenny! And he was just so happy, kneading and purring up a storm. I just wish he would face TOWARDS me instead of away from me during these wake up calls...

They all do that! Put that furry orange butt right in your nose... like you wan't it there.

Forgive....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anonykat said:
Yeah... I always know what's happening when I hear my hub shriek from the other room, "NOT THE PINKEYE! LENNY!!!"

I think it's the way they greet each other... and they find it pleasing....

Nice Butt huh? Wan't to see it again? Here smell this....

YUK!

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If I could put in my two cents here... :sorry:

I'm not offended by your denial of the invisible church, in fact, I mostly agree with you. What does put me off is your vehemence that the Orthodox Church is the ONLY visible church, plus your assertions that a certain statement is correct because the Orthodox Church says so, with no sources to back up the claim. I admire your devotion to your church, but I came to CF wanting to learn more about the Orthodox Church, and your attitude is turning me away from Orthodoxy rather than pulling me toward it.

To the others who've been more open in discussion: :hug:

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I won't debate here, but I actually agree with Flesh's objections, despite pretty much accepting the Orthodox claim to be the true Church, visible and one.

Edit: Not offended, just...I dunno...if that was how I'd found out about Orthodoxy I wouldn't have even thought about going to a service.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Melethiel said:
If I could put in my two cents here... :sorry:

I'm not offended by your denial of the invisible church, in fact, I mostly agree with you. What does put me off is your vehemence that the Orthodox Church is the ONLY visible church, plus your assertions that a certain statement is correct because the Orthodox Church says so, with no sources to back up the claim. I admire your devotion to your church, but I came to CF wanting to learn more about the Orthodox Church, and your attitude is turning me away from Orthodoxy rather than pulling me toward it.

To the others who've been more open in discussion: :hug:

That's just too bad... we are not going to change the Truth to suit you sensability. Nor will I candycote it..

CF is attempting to put away all the Church Fathers and what the councils said in order to be Politically Correct... and you know what...

The Truth of the Church is not moldable. It is what it is... you either are or are not a Christian based on how you conform to Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Melathiel and Llauralin,

Please accept my apologies and do not let the Truth be ruined by the candycoat of bad taste. Chew it for a little bit and the rudeness comes right off and you get the glorious fulfillment of Christ. Disregard what should be disregarded.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Llauralin said:
I won't debate here, but I actually agree with Flesh's objections, despite pretty much accepting the Orthodox claim to be the true Church, visible and one.

Edit: Not offended, just...I dunno...if that was how I'd found out about Orthodoxy I wouldn't have even thought about going to a service.

What about my rights? I am offended too... What about all of the Orthodox and Catholics who are sick and tired of hearing about a non existant invisble Church...

The very newness of the idea smacks of Heresy!

This is a two way street.

I am offended!

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Llauralin said:
OrthodoxyUSA:

Do you think the Church Fathers reacted to people's misunderstandings of their teachings by odopting a patrinizing, sneering tone, and mocking their opponents with "Darn! Lost that invisible church again!"

This isn't about what you meant, about God being present at the Liturgy; it's about your compleate lack of civility in that circumstance.

I am not into Ecumenicism... If you don't want the Truth so be it....

And as for the Church Fathers perhaps you should read a little more.... they got more than just a little upset!

The ECF's would be banned from CF as fast as you can post.... they would call a Heretic a Heretic.

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Orthodoxyusa said:
What about my rights? I am offended too... What about all of the Orthodox and Catholics who are sick and tired of hearing about a non existant invisble Church...

The very newness of the idea smacks of Heresy!

This is a two way street.

I am offended!
You think this is about RIGHTS? Very American of you. Yeah, everything is about rights, and nothing is about obligation, or love, or forgiveness.

Fine, be offended. I really don't care.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.