• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I feel like I've lost the love of my life

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Farouk, thank you.

I have been praying everyday and studying as well. I am on John 4 and heading to John 5. I have learned alot on my own and have also been reading a Christian based book called " Everymans Battle" which is about mens struggles with lust and inappropriate contentography and explicit material in this visual world. Its very eye opening and I know what I need to do now fully. I am able to sleep soundly at night and the anxiety isnt as bad....but I have it from time to time. I still cry alot and break down. I think my friends are getting sick of me talking about it. Im not sure. Im hanging in there. The church services and bible studies are nice, but alot of times I learn by conversing with a Scotty who is giving me insight as I update my progress. Im kind of in a rut this week, but I've got 3 weeks left over here before Im back.
God bless your prayerful, continuing Bible studies. :)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Farouk, thank you.

I have been praying everyday and studying as well. I am on John 4 and heading to John 5. I have learned alot on my own and have also been reading a Christian based book called " Everymans Battle" which is about mens struggles with lust and inappropriate contentography and explicit material in this visual world. Its very eye opening and I know what I need to do now fully. I am able to sleep soundly at night and the anxiety isnt as bad....but I have it from time to time. I still cry alot and break down. I think my friends are getting sick of me talking about it. Im not sure. Im hanging in there. The church services and bible studies are nice, but alot of times I learn by conversing with a Scotty who is giving me insight as I update my progress. Im kind of in a rut this week, but I've got 3 weeks left over here before Im back.
You are doing good my Brother and learning a lot. Rome wasn't built in a day, So take your time and let God lead and direct you. He is strengthening and conditioning you as you read and study and learn His word :]

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Farouk, thank you.

PS: remember, prayer and the Scriptures are a daily thing. Acts 2.42

Upvote 0

alex1996p

Mar 21, 2018
Indianapolis
✟20,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PS: remember, prayer and the Scriptures are a daily thing. Acts 2.42
Farouk, yea they are. My anxiety has been getting the best of me and I havent been looking at scripture consistently. I need to get back on it.

Quite frankly.... I am afraid. Im afraid to even go home. Im afraid shes gonna act like I never even existed. It scares me. I am so afraid. What if shes not even there at the welcome home ceremony. Im just afraid of everything.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Farouk, yea they are. My anxiety has been getting the best of me and I havent been looking at scripture consistently. I need to get back on it.

Quite frankly.... I am afraid. Im afraid to even go home. Im afraid shes gonna act like I never even existed. It scares me. I am so afraid. What if shes not even there at the welcome home ceremony. Im just afraid of everything.
1 John 4:18 Perfect love casteth out all fear. Read the Word and let it nourish you as it is food for your soul Brother. Talk to God in prayer and know that we are praying for you :]

Upvote 0