I Feel Horrible

Grace_Alone4gives

Apr 4, 2003
Odessa TX
✟1,245.00
Faith
Protestant
My children were really tiring on my nerves today - especially my 3 yearold.
Well, I was on the phone - baby was crying, daughter was all over me, and my 3 yr old son was pulling at my hair band from behind me. I was frustrated and pulled his hand down from my hair...too hard I guess, cause he fell off the chair (did not know he was on it, he was behind me) and fell on his foot and cried. He said it hurt him and even a half hour later he was saying it was hurting him and limping. Hubby and I applied ice and it was not swollen at all.

He just left with hubby to go to the movies and I am hoping his foot is okay. I was too hard when pulling down on his hand. I feel bad. I feel like a bad mommy who should have just said 'dont pull my hair'.

Please pray his foot is okay.

97trsgl

Colonel Sanders
May 23, 2004
Land O' Lakes, FL
Visit site
✟17,304.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know exactly what you mean. I get frustrated with my kids sometimes too. As long as you aren't hurting them malicasly you don't need to feel guilty. Sometimes the old nature just rears it's ugly head and gets the better of us.

Upvote 0

Evening Mist

gentle mother
Feb 7, 2003
Delaware
Visit site
✟997.00
Faith
Christian
Aw, thats a shame! I know he'll forgive you though. I bet he already has, and I hope his foot is okay too.

I do think we all have these moments though. Its hard to be a mommy sometimes. A lot of times, actually! Maybe take this as a sign to get yourself some relief. Maybe a few hours to yourself for some peace and quiet?

I know - easier said than done, right?

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, there have been times I've "inadvertently" done similar things that eat you up with guilt. (that just shows you truly ARE a loving mother if you feel that way - we don't want our babies hurt like that, especially by us!).

My most recent incident was about a year ago, Easter weekend. My husband and I had been trying to get our son to do more things around the house & to help out, without whining or complaining. :| I was making "Scottsdale Potatoes" to take to my sister's Easter dinner the next day. After I nagged my then 12-year-old son a million times to turn off the tv & spend some time with me in the kitchen, he finally agreed to help me grate the cheese. He was doing a great job, but I don't remember what happened next, or what we were arguing about while he was doing this task (his missing assignments from school before his break??), but he got mad at me. He started grating the cheese really hard to show his anger. Before I could get the words out of my mouth to be careful, he slammed his hand down on the grater & took the skin off his knuckle, right down to the bone! It was horrible - it bled, and bled, and bled! :cry: I took him to an Urgent Care clinic & they used some sort of "medical glue" & made him a splint that he had to wear for a couple weeks.

I beat myself up over and over that if we hadn't been arguing about something, he would not have gotten mad enough to slam his hand down and hurt himself. I just prayed to God to give me enough wisdom and patience so that I didn't put him in a position to get hurt like that. :prayer:

We've all been there - but the hugs and kissies FAR outweigh these rare "yucky" moments :hug:

God bless,
Suz

Upvote 0