Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll have to go get myself a pink/purple hairdo to help trick people into thinking I'm younger than I am. <winks at TankGirl>

Maybe I'll become a vegetarian too........ nah!
Our family has the best of both worlds. The children look older than their ages, it evens out somewhere in the late teens/early 20's, and then the mature ones look younger than their ages. It's the ideal setup, since kids always want to be older, while the middle-aged and better always want to be younger. We're blessed. :)

Upvote 0

Katryna

Jan 28, 2008
Illinois
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been looking at that subforum with much trepidation for the past year.

Sheesh, I might lie about my age and join that one... have you seen the 50's forum?? Fascinating topic headings like, "Words that begin with H". What's next, the "AARP Shuffleboard Championships"?

Age is nothing... it's all in your mind. My mother is 76, has an 83-yr-old boyfriend and could probably run circles around most of you (she does me!). I intend to be just like her. ;)

Upvote 0

Adamantium

Sep 29, 2007
✟6,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sheesh, I might lie about my age and join that one... have you seen the 50's forum?? Fascinating topic headings like, "Words that begin with H". What's next, the "AARP Shuffleboard Championships"?

Yeah, no kidding. Maybe it's because I have hobbies that keep me around younger people, or maybe it's because I never had children, but most people in their 50s bore me to tears because they act so old!

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Words that begin with H ???

It's the same in the 40's forum. All games like "Name one item that is on your desk." Really scintillating discussions. And if someone does try to post something actually pertaining to issues that come with being in your 40's, someone will get annoyed for bringing down the fun mood.

That's why I hang out here. ;)

Upvote 0

charligirl

Senior Veteran
Aug 26, 2003
London
✟17,471.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's the same in the 40's forum. All games like "Name one item that is on your desk." Really scintillating discussions. And if someone does try to post something actually pertaining to issues that come with being in your 40's, someone will get annoyed for bringing down the fun mood.

Oooh I can hardly wait :)

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Same story with the 30s forum. When I first came here I accidentally posted a serious topic looking for solid advice and my poor thread sat there for a really long time collecting dust until I finally deleted it. That was pretty much the last time I went into that forum. I'm all about playing games sometimes, but that's overkill for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seige

Jan 29, 2005
Bay Area, CA
✟16,468.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Red,

Turned 30 in January.

In February I hurt my knee at the gym, took a couple of day off and assumed everything was fine. Started running again and it started flaring up again. I go in next week for an MRI but the assumption is that I have a bit of a tear....

I've been hitting the gym for 12+ years. NEVER had an injury.

Turn 30 = you are not young anymore = things take longer to heal = life sucks...

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Red,
Turn 30 = you are not young anymore = things take longer to heal = life sucks...

But look how much wiser you are now. The best things in life, like good wine, require time to mature.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But look how much wiser you are now. The best things in life, like good wine, require time to mature.

John
NZ
I'm with you, John. I don't get how "you're not young anymore" and "things take longer to heal" add up to "life sucks." There's more to life than youth and vigor. I should know. I'm in my mid-forties and have been through the wringer. A car accident has left me physically impaired on top of the PTSD and depressive disorders I have from an abusive childhood. I am in constant pain, and now I am an insulin dependent diabetic on top of everything else. Yet I'm finding that the older I get, the more respect people tend to show me, the more I'm listened to, and the more I can look back and understand things I couldn't understand at the time. I wouldn't go back to being 10 or 15 or 20 for any amount of money!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
In your 20s, and up to about maybe 35, you're still considered part of a marketable demographic that the makers of "cool" products are interested in hearing from.

And they develop their marketing strategies so that they're geared towards this demographic.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
People listened to me in my 20's.... cause I was physically able to MAKE them...

One benefit of maturity, which may or may not come with age, is realizing that there are other factors to compel or interest others to listen to you besides physical intimidation.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In your 20s, and up to about maybe 35, you're still considered part of a marketable demographic that the makers of "cool" products are interested in hearing from.

And they develop their marketing strategies so that they're geared towards this demographic.

I'm signed up to do online market-research surveys for NBC. It's kind of cool because sometimes you get to preview pilots for new shows they are debuting on NBC or any of their partner channels (SciFi, Bravo, etc.), or you can give feedback on existing shows.

It always asks for my age range, which makes me wonder if my responses get taken as seriously now that I'm in the 35-44 range.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟844,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm signed up to do online market-research surveys for NBC. It's kind of cool because sometimes you get to preview pilots for new shows they are debuting on NBC or any of their partner channels (SciFi, Bravo, etc.), or you can give feedback on existing shows.

It always asks for my age range, which makes me wonder if my responses get taken as seriously now that I'm in the 35-44 range.
:confused:
If the market researchers were all that wise, they'd realize it's the older ones who have the money. When I was 20 I didn't have so much as a toothpick to my name. Why does advertising cater to a group that is broke, when they should be pandering to a group that can actually spend money to buy the product?

Upvote 0