Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The permitted time for grieving is one week. You cannot bring anyone back and indefinite grieving is destructive. We are exhorted to cast our cares on Him who cares for us. Yes, Jesus was affected by the death of Lazarus, but He did not let it get Him down. If we will allow God to heal us, we will be able to help others who suffer.

2 Corinthians 1:3 & 4
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

I know someone who lost both parents in a car crash. She was just married, in her 20's. She kept focused on Jesus and refused to give in to self pity. I know widowed lady who did the same when her husband passed away. She had a cry for a short while and then got on with life. I came to the home as she rang me while I was at work. She was calm, offering the first responders a cup of coffee and dealing with the funeral home people who came. I was amazed, but I should not have been. She knows Jesus and her first reaction was to cast the care of the situation on Him.
That's not right Aussie. I still grieve when thinking of my daughter. It becomes easier as time goes by but never goes away completely. Dwelling doesn't help but when reminded of it spend a little time with it and move on til the next time. They're waiting for you and rejoice in that an that they are free of the worlds problems .
God bless you;)

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks….

It’s funny you should suggest moving, I have just started considering that… I just wouldn’t want to move to far because I do have some people in my town I would hate to leave. I don’t know, I have thoughts of moving 2 towns over. Which would be about 40 minutes away.
My town truly is bad for crime and early death..
Get out of there before you die too, my friend.

Honestly, you need to get some distance from whatever is hurting you in order to heal. Your body will not be able to release its trauma if you are still in danger, because you still will be in survival mode. Or "not-survival-mode" as the case may be.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Amen… That brought tears to my eyes to read that.. I myself have attempted suicide with a pistol a little over a month ago , for some reason it didn’t fire. When I came to my senses, It really scared me that I was that far down to do something like that.. I have started to slit my wrist before but found it practically impossible to kill my self that way. I need to learn to cope with life better. I am self-harming with a knife to deal with the feelings I have. I gave my life to Christ 8 months ago. Life has beat me down. I pray and pray for the day I reach a point in life where I can say it is well with my soul…

It touches me to see you still praising God after what you’ve been through. I’m amazed…

I know a mother and father who lost their son and they took it extremely hard. They are now homeless and on drugs and alcohol. They were very decent folks before that. They gave up on life. It is so sad to see them now.

God bless you!!:prayer::heart:
I hope you are getting help. Sometimes you can get so low it's really hard to get out of it without help
God bless you and give you his peace;)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Where did you get that? It certainly does not align with our lived experience.
It's the traditional mourning period in Judaism. After that, life starts to get back to normal. It is possible in the Lord to avoid grieving altogether. What does grief achieve?

"Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope." 1 Thessalonians 4:18

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's the traditional mourning period in Judaism. After that, life starts to get back to normal. It is possible in the Lord to avoid grieving altogether. What does grief achieve?

"Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope." 1 Thessalonians 4:18
One still grieves, but with hope.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I grieve for the loss of their presence. No longer enjoying time with them, loving them. There is no guarantee we both will be in heaven or either of us. Personally, i don't expect to see my loved ones again.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
One still grieves, but with hope.
What purpose does grieving serve? King David said of his dead son that he, David, would go to his son but his son was not coming back. Then he got on with his life.

I've lost both my parents, my youngest brother and likely, my estranged younger brother. I never see my daughter and grandchildren as she has shut me out of her life completely. My friend and mentor for 30 years passed away in 2012. I do not intend to sound heartless, although I realise that I probably come across like that. Grief is an instant and unavoidable response, as I discovered early in life. But for believers, it is a burden that we can cast on the Lord, who is only too willing to bear it.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What purpose does grieving serve? King David said of his dead son that he, David, would go to his son but his son was not coming back. Then he got on with his life.

I've lost both my parents, my youngest brother and likely, my estranged younger brother. I never see my daughter and grandchildren as she has shut me out of her life completely. My friend and mentor for 30 years passed away in 2012. I do not intend to sound heartless, although I realise that I probably come across like that. Grief is an instant and unavoidable response, as I discovered early in life. But for believers, it is a burden that we can cast on the Lord, who is only too willing to bear it.
I am sorry Aussie. Like it or not it's a natural process to saying farewell. I think you are missing out. To each his own. Try it. God bless.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am sorry Aussie. Like it or not it's a natural process to saying farewell. I think you are missing out. To each his own. Try it. God bless.
Missing out on what exactly? I can say goodbye without sorrow and grief. I went through this most recently when my now wife went into hospital. She was there for 3 weeks, courtesy of a bad reaction to some medication. I could hardly function for a while. I did not realise how attached to her I had become. I needed to be strong for her, so being filled with grief was not going to help. Her kidneys were failing and her vital signs were terrible. Watching someone you care about with a breathing tube, blood pressure and heart rate all over the place and swollen like a balloon is not easy. It was made harder because it was during COVID and visiting was much restricted. So I had to rely on the Lord.

A little while later I asked her to marry me. It took a while but she said yes. She's 100 % now. We are happy and content and it is as if the event never happened. "Forgetting what lies behind.............."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Missing out on what exactly? I can say goodbye without sorrow and grief. I went through this most recently when my now wife went into hospital. She was there for 3 weeks, courtesy of a bad reaction to some medication. I could hardly function for a while. I did not realise how attached to her I had become. I needed to be strong for her, so being filled with grief was not going to help. Her kidneys were failing and her vital signs were terrible. Watching someone you care about with a breathing tube, blood pressure and heart rate all over the place and swollen like a balloon is not easy. It was made harder because it was during COVID and visiting was much restricted. So I had to rely on the Lord.

A little while later I asked her to marry me. It took a while but she said yes. She's 100 % now. We are happy and content and it is as if the event never happened. "Forgetting what lies behind.............."
People have different ways of handling loss. All your losses may catch up to you someday. It would be a good thing for you. It's a release and a way to say goodbye. You've ran from it, from your feeling's. JMO.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My precious big sister passed away in my arms when I was 12 years old. I am currently 19 and still wake up in a gasp. I really do not know if I will ever get over it. I have lost several close family members and friends that have just left me so destroyed! I do not know how to handle life anymore! When I think things are finally getting better something else happens and I’m right back down again. I use to blame God for everything but I was so wrong. God doesn’t cause pain and suffering he allows it. He only allows it to remind us that we are just here temporarily. Life is but a vapor down here but heaven is eternal!!!!

- little Sister-

I have lost almost everyone in my family. Mum, Dad, aunts uncles and my dear twin brother! He died at 22. 38 years ago! It still feels like yesterday.

Time does heal. It doesnt mean one forgets. The pain eases.

Plus, if you have a strong faith, you know they are in heaven and that one day you will all meet again.

Pray for your sister. Be confident that it will get easier. Its always harder losing someone when so young.

God bless you. God give you comfort and may He wrap His healing arms around you.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Grief serves the process of adjustment. It is a natural process that gives witness to the depth of love. Sometimes grief can be complicated by other issues, like alcoholism or trauma, and become prolonged. But that is not what we are talking about here. "Normal" grief takes a good year as all the major holidays and anniversaries come and go for the first time without the loved one. It is not something we cam turn on and off by shear will power or even prayer power and faith. Grief is actually a blessing. It shows us our vulnerability.

Upvote 0