✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, in Matthew 7, Jesus says:

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

I became a Christian as a 5-year-old child and there were times I had sin strongholds and wasn't pursuing God with all my heart. I wonder even today if God would count me as one whose heart is fully His or if my failings add up in His mind to a lukewarm faith.

We must bear some fruit (John 15:2, 6) or else we don't have the Holy Spirit. If God judges a person to be fruitless, I think it's because they had a false confession or committed blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. We don't need to go around questioning everyone's salvation on account of their visible sins, but we should hold our brothers and sisters accountable in a loving way, encouraging them to turn from their sins and pursue the Lord wholeheartedly.

I don't want people to feel insecure in their salvation, but the fact is, we must keep our faith until the end (e.g., Matthew 24:13, 1 Corinthians 15:2). Not everyone agrees it's possible for a Christian to commit blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, but I believe it is (Hebrews 6:4-6, Revelation 22:19).
So what if it is to late for me? What if one of the thoughts I have had put me beyond forgiveness?

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So what if it is to late for me? What if one of the thoughts I have had put me beyond forgiveness?

It's don't think so. Repentance would be impossible (Hebrews 6:4-6). That doesn't sound like you since you just repented from a sin. Do you believe that Jesus' died to pay for sins? Do you believe He rose again on the third day? Have you asked God to forgive you and be your Lord and Savior? Do you believe Him that His promise of righteousness to "all" include you?

Romans 3:21-22
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.

Jesus battled temptations by quoting Scripture (Matthew 4). You can, too.

I also encourage you to prayerfully study 1 John. It was written:

1 John 5:13
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's don't think so. Repentance would be impossible (Hebrews 6:4-6). That doesn't sound like you since you just repented from a sin. Do you believe that Jesus' died to pay for sins? Do you believe He rose again on the third day? Have you asked God to forgive you and be your Lord and Savior? Do you believe Him that His promise of righteousness to "all" include you?

Romans 3:21-22
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.

Jesus battled temptations by quoting Scripture (Matthew 4). You can, too.

I also encourage you to prayerfully study 1 John. It was written:

1 John 5:13
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

God bless.
Well I do trust in those things, I trust that Jesus paid it all for me and for the world. I just read so many different articles about the Unforgivable sin that it is an emotional roller coaster. Some people say that it is not possible to commit today, some say it can't be committed in thought, some say that even a cursing thought is committing it. I just really pray for mercy from Jesus if I have committed it and if I haven't I pray that I never do. I just want to know Christ. I want to be His child and know that I am His and that I haven't committed this sin. Before I read the verse in Luke and found out about this sin, I was worried on the verse where Jesus says not everyone who says Lord will enter Heaven and I was on a mission to make sure i was doing the will of the Father and then Bam, these thoughts start to flood my mind and tell me that there is no longer any forgiveness for me and that I am going to Hell because I can't stop thinking evil and cursing things about Jesus. I have tried rebuking the evil spirits and satan in Jesus name, and I think that may help a little. I also try to do what some people say to do and just ignore them. I have read about John Bunyan and Charles Spurgeon going through this same thing, but what if they and everyone else that goes through this actually end up in hell? Or what if they go to Heaven and I am just some exception ? Without Jesus I am nothing. I have always turned to Him in prayer and He has always been the one Person I knew I could turn to . I don't want to lose that .

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well I do trust in those things, I trust that Jesus paid it all for me and for the world. I just read so many different articles about the Unforgivable sin that it is an emotional roller coaster. Some people say that it is not possible to commit today, some say it can't be committed in thought, some say that even a cursing thought is committing it. I just really pray for mercy from Jesus if I have committed it and if I haven't I pray that I never do. I just want to know Christ. I want to be His child and know that I am His and that I haven't committed this sin. Before I read the verse in Luke and found out about this sin, I was worried on the verse where Jesus says not everyone who says Lord will enter Heaven and I was on a mission to make sure i was doing the will of the Father and then Bam, these thoughts start to flood my mind and tell me that there is no longer any forgiveness for me and that I am going to Hell because I can't stop thinking evil and cursing things about Jesus. I have tried rebuking the evil spirits and satan in Jesus name, and I think that may help a little. I also try to do what some people say to do and just ignore them. I have read about John Bunyan and Charles Spurgeon going through this same thing, but what if they and everyone else that goes through this actually end up in hell? Or what if they go to Heaven and I am just some exception ? Without Jesus I am nothing. I have always turned to Him in prayer and He has always been the one Person I knew I could turn to . I don't want to lose that .

God probably has great plans for you and so the evil one wants to condemn and paralyze you. Ephesians 6:10-20. 1 Peter 5:1-11.

I agree with you in that I don't ever want to turn away from God and blaspheme the Holy Spirit. I want to be enduring in my faith and friuitful in the work of the Holy Spirit until the moment of my death. I recommend you meditate on 1 Peter 1:1-12, noting the hope in verses 8 and 10.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I do keep having evil thoughts towards God and the trinity and thoughts like the Pharisees had. I don't want to have these thoughts and I beg Jesus to take them away from me.
Bad thoughts are not the unforgivable sin. Blaspheming God involves speaking (not just thinking) against Him.

IN that specific sin, the Pharisees in question had been telling people that Our Lord was casting out demons by devilish power. (Beelzebub = "lord of flies" or prince of demons) They spread that knowing otherwise; as Nicodemus said in John 3 “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.” So they KNEW that He commanded demons by God. But they were trying to keep the people away from the gospel.

Are you trying to keep people from responding to the gospel? Are you calling true miracles of God "devilish?" If not, you have NOT committed that sin.

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Bad thoughts are not the unforgivable sin. Blaspheming God involves speaking (not just thinking) against Him.

IN that specific sin, the Pharisees in question had been telling people that Our Lord was casting out demons by devilish power. (Beelzebub = "lord of flies" or prince of demons) They spread that knowing otherwise; as Nicodemus said in John 3 “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.” So they KNEW that He commanded demons by God. But they were trying to keep the people away from the gospel.

Are you trying to keep people from responding to the gospel? Are you calling true miracles of God "devilish?" If not, you have NOT committed that sin.
No I am not trying to keep people from the gospel, I want people to come to it. I do not believe that things of God are devilish, but I have had evil thoughts like that that I did not agree with. I just feel so far from God now since these thoughts started.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No I am not trying to keep people from the gospel, I want people to come to it. I do not believe that things of God are devilish,
Then the thoughts that you have committed that sin are lies from the devil.
I just feel so far from God now since these thoughts started.
Understood. Again, those thoughts are lies from the devil intended to draw you away from God and give up. Indeed, even the feeling that you are "far from God" is a lie also. Don't let his scheme succeed.

Upvote 0