• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I can't take it anymore!

~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This anxiety and constant fear runs through my head 24/7. I can never be at peace and I just want to break down.

All I want to do is find peace in my mind and get a good nights rest for once. That's all I want.

I hate living in fear!! It's messing up my life!:(

Anyone have any good advice?
Thanks.

~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry to hear you are suffering!
Praying before I go to bed, or as I fall asleep helps me when I am stressed.
Talking to someone your trust may help you put these fears into perspective.
Asking the Lord to bless you with His presence and peace.

Last night I prayed as I fell asleep. That helped. Thanks.

Upvote 0

~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What is causing the fear, need to get to the root of the problem.

Blessings

I fear failure, I fear things that will mess up my life forever.

I fear for my family. I fear that people are watching me or will harm me. I fear something bad will happen at any moment.

It's all irrational. I play these ridiculous scenes in my head, of things that could happen.

I'm afraid.

I also suffer from OCD and that really pushes it.

I'm not really sure what is the root of the problem. It started with my depression a few years ago and once college started it really began.

Upvote 0

biggerthanme

Jun 21, 2010
✟7,622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've had anxiety and panic attacks for years and by the grace of GOD and his mercy I've been able to live with it only through his help, so here are some things to think about:
1st: what does the Bible say about who you are in CHRIST JESUS.
2nd: Understand that GOD is always in control when we are willing to let go and let him handle the situation at hand, and not rely on our own understanding, and just trust he in everything.
3rd. turn your WHAT IF'S into SO WHAT'S.

Upvote 0

biggerthanme

Jun 21, 2010
✟7,622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
sorry, I was not finished, I'm not very good at typing, I hit the enter button on accident, there is a lot more I'd like to tell you, but it takes so long with my typing skills. so the best thing I can tell you is trust GOD he loves you so very much and he will take care of us for he says it all thru his word. I'll be praying for you. PS.if you what to feel free to e-mail me.

Upvote 0

~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
sorry, I was not finished, I'm not very good at typing, I hit the enter button on accident, there is a lot more I'd like to tell you, but it takes so long with my typing skills. so the best thing I can tell you is trust GOD he loves you so very much and he will take care of us for he says it all thru his word. I'll be praying for you. PS.if you what to feel free to e-mail me.

Thank you so much for that advice and for your prayers. :) You are correct, I can only get passed this with God's help.
oh...and thanks for allowing me to email you if I ever feel the need.

Upvote 0

Godspiritlivesinyou

*God turns my darkness into light*
Oct 24, 2010
Inspirational lane
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
deep breathing and praying before i go to bed helps. when you feel the anxiety and fear hit take care of it right away. I remind myself that fear only exist in the mind. we fear the unknown but once we go threw the fear what is there left to fear nothing because you know what to expect and you have been there before. I remind myself of these rational thoughts unlike the irrational fears that come about.

god bless i hope you feel better. Im here if you need a friend to talk to

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums