• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am a testimony?! O_o

Sep 22, 2012
✟15,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

I just registered here today just to ask a question.

I believe the first time I realized I had homosexual TENDENCIES was when I was 11 years old, attending church. I was more interested and drawn to men than women. I am 22 years old and I have NEVER, to this very day, have touched a man or had physical sex, period! :cool:

I do admit I have masturbated and still do, but I thank the Lord up above that this is as far as it has gotten in my life. It could be a lot worse. But here's the kicker...

I discovered that, I not only did I refrain from letting any man to sexually touch me in anyway, I JUST SIMPLY HAVE NO DESIRE FOR PHYSICAL SEX! So this is why God was telling me in the book of Job when Satan had to go before God in order to get permission to cast misfortunes(=homosexuality) upon his(=me/my) life. God made it clear in his word, that he will not allow misfortunes to fall upon his people that they can't handle.

So you see, this is God letting me know that Satan has tried every avenue to tear my relationship away from God. His last resort was to cast homosexuality, but he had to asked God's permission to do so. Evidently, God said ok ONLY because He had enough faith in me to know I can handle such immense 'test' in my life. This perspective he allowed me to see and it is AMAZING!

It's like he trusted me enough to handle such a dangerous sin and I have not failed him in the physical realm! :clap: :amen:

...Back to my lack of desire for a PHYSICAL sex life. Like I said, I desire NO SEX with a man nor woman in my life. I actually enjoy the pure, virgin life! :D

I have come to terms that people will STILL not be satisfied that I have no desire for romantic relationships in my life AT ALL! But I see no sin in this and I feel God doesn't call everyone on earth to have marriage...

...So, this finally leads me to my question(s).

"If I refrain from masturbation to homosexual thoughts, will my relationship with God be okay? Will I make it to Heaven if I have this mindset and lack of desire for physical sex on my side?" :confused:

apologia25

May 31, 2005
Uganda
✟15,324.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Hey it seems like you've really thought this through. Here is an answer to your question. You asked about masturbation to specific thoughts. But here is the thing you do have a desire for sex, just not with people. If you really don't need sex then you shouldn't need to touch either. So that is an area you need to get under control. People throw around the idea of a sanctified masturbation which really doesn't exist. Even aside from the thoughts it is engaging yourself physically outside of having a spouse. The act is a form of slavery. We can be owned by a sin and addiction to masturbation is an idol and even a way to escape from our problems, like a drug addiction. So if you don't need sex with people then you shouldn't need it at all. Secondly If Jesus is really your savior then you have the righteousness of Christ and that's what gets you into heaven, nothing you do aside from receiving the gift of salvation can get you into heaven. So your asking if I do this can i still go to heaven. If you're saved then you have the freedom to do that. However Paul said in Romans I can do all things, but not all things benefit me. You have the freedom to sin and God will forgive you, but choosing a pattern of sin is not what God wants for you. He came to set us free from the bondage to sin. When we choose a lifestyle of sin then we can expect to be disciplined as his children. Feel free to PM me about this

Upvote 0

apologia25

May 31, 2005
Uganda
✟15,324.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I just wrote you a huge note but it failed to send. Here is an answer to your questions. Masturbation even without improper thoughts is sin. To say you don't need sex with men or women but you continue to touch is contrary. If you say no to one thing you should be consistent with others. When you commit this sin you're feeding and addiction. It usually controls you more than you control it and that is slavery. Your entry into heaven has everything to do with receiving the gift of salvation. Jesus paid it all and only through receiving him do we have access into heaven. We have the righteousness of Christ. Nothing we do can get us into heaven aside from receiving the gift of salvation. Sonic you've done that you shouldn't worry. But your question is wrong. You shouldn't ask what can I do and still get into heaven, instead you should ask what areas of my life are inconsistent with God wants for me. Feel free to Private message me

Upvote 0