It is well with my soul.
Nov 15, 2011
USA
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is true. Time and time again I encourage my friends to TRUST in God's will... to TRUST even though you can only see the step you're on and not the ultimate goal... to TRUST God's plan even if it looks different than "your own plan." But I am a hypocrite...because I don't trust...I try to control.

Trying to control everything is exhausting and impossible. I cannot be God - not in my own life or in the lives of others. The more I try to stay in control of every little aspect of my life, the father I drift from God. I sense Him there, holding out his arms, saying "let me take that load"...and here I am, a scared child saying "No! Mine!" and scurrying away with whatever I can control in my arms.

I wish I knew just how to give up control...because I know that things are going to happen that are outside of my control...and one day, that is going to hit me HARD. If I can't let go and learn to trust...then I'm going to get a tough dose of reality when all control is yanked away from me again.

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If you are in "control" that means you aren't trusting God.
Move closer to the Lord, take your faith to a deeper level,
find someone who is mature in the faith to mentor you or be
your prayer partner.

Trust comes from building a deeper relationship with the Lord
and it takes time because more times than not we allow flesh and or emotions
to drive us.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear SoulSinging247. If you really want to give up your controlling, give it to Jesus, and ask Him to take it away. Ask Him prayerfully and DO NOT Pick It Up Again. I know how you feel, and it does take all your strenght. Keep resisting the temptation, and you will be freed from Want to Control. Jesus is stronger, but like God, Jesus will not force in any way; Leave all at Jesus`s Feet, and let Him carry it away. I say this with love. Greetigs from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
F

fuji

You cant control anything, ask my great great Grandpa. He left us an old film of him. The film had no sound, but stuff written on paper that he wanted us to remember. Well, I lost the film in a basement flood and though I should have been sad, I didnt really care to be honest. I never knew him, he had his life and lived it. Our lives are too short to worry and they will be over in a heartbeat. So go be happy, love God and make an impact that people will remember you for. No one remembers a controller.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is true. Time and time again I encourage my friends to TRUST in God's will... to TRUST even though you can only see the step you're on and not the ultimate goal... to TRUST God's plan even if it looks different than "your own plan." But I am a hypocrite...because I don't trust...I try to control.

Trying to control everything is exhausting and impossible. I cannot be God - not in my own life or in the lives of others. The more I try to stay in control of every little aspect of my life, the father I drift from God. I sense Him there, holding out his arms, saying "let me take that load"...and here I am, a scared child saying "No! Mine!" and scurrying away with whatever I can control in my arms.

I wish I knew just how to give up control...because I know that things are going to happen that are outside of my control...and one day, that is going to hit me HARD. If I can't let go and learn to trust...then I'm going to get a tough dose of reality when all control is yanked away from me again.
Good news, Christ died for all manner of sins, even hypocrisy.

More good news, you are made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
(see my sig line)

More good news, God loves you absolutely and completely and
nothing you could do would make Him love you any more or any less.

Do you think that everyone who preaches the gospel or teaches
on the beatitudes is perfect and without faults?

Jesus came for people like you and me who KNOW we are imperfect
and could never be good enough to be accepted by God on
our own merit.

Take comfort in the fact that you see your flawed nature (many never see it) and
then rejoice in the fact that God loves you so much that God died on your cross to
satisfy justice and still give you a way to be with Him in a love relationship that
will last forever and ever.

Keep telling people to do what is right and keep telling them to trust the Lord because
many of them will take your advice seriously and do as you say and find
that God is faithful in their lives and can be trusted.

As far as you being imperfect, get a copy of this book,
Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray and find out how
we as Christians can live fuller lives that rely more on God's
strength rather than our own efforts.

Keep giving people good advice and eventually you will
put that good advice to better practice in your own life... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0