How were the Nephilim conceived?

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's a little too much anger in this thread, and an unwillingness to even consider the other side by certain people. Not naming names, or judging anyone, but seriously, the Anger-laced posts really don't have a place in a forum where followers of Christ gather to discuss things of spiritual nature.

Therefore, I'm going to shake the dust off my feet and walk away, before I cause anyone to have sinful thoughts (which include anger) or end up having such myself.

I wish you all peace.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Not anger--sheer frustration that the words of Christ Himself can so easily be ignored!

(Luk 24:39) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I find no scripture that demons can take on human form, just like there is no scripture to support angels having sex with humans…but thats a broken record. You have sound doctrine supported by scriptures, and then you have fables, legends and theories without sound scripture. Midgets, giants, black, white, and all the other colors and types of humans all come from the family of Noah, and all of Noahs family came from Adam and Eve. It really is that simple.

Yet the Bible clearly says people have hosted angels and not been aware of it when they looked after those in need.

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Sometimes people have fables simply for lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
There are so many contradictions in the Book of Enoch, it is unreal. I don't care what the Ethiopian Church or the Catholic or the Evangelicals say. It isn't scripture because God says that it isn't. And neither is Maccabees. I'm not saying that everything in there is wrong (Satan likes mixing a little truth in with his lies). But I am saying that it is not God's Word and that it is not something that I will base my beliefs on.

Which is why I said the story of the Book of Watchers, which is not the entirety of 1 Enoch because 1 Enoch is a composition of 5 different texts, not all of whom are acceptable.
You believe that God says that it isn't Scripture, but that's really only your opinion. There are many who would say that God that it is Scripture. Also, just like a great number of Early Church fathers, including Athanasius and Augustine just accepted the apocrypha as Scripture, and the rest said that it was excellent and good to read because it edifies the Church.

But in terms of explaining the Nephilim, it's not like any modern Preacher just making up an explanation of the Genesis account, and using "science, reasons, and facts" will do a better job of explaining that passage. With a modernist, skeptic worldview, it might be hard to believe such a strange story, but it is evident enough that it was pretty widely accepted and believed by Jews even up to the 1st Century, which again is why Jude just quotes the opening of the Book of Watchers as a prophecy, and why 2 Peter makes a direct reference to it with the spirits of the flood held in prison awaiting the day of judgement.

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Were the women overcome by a spirit and impregnated like Mary was, or did they have to possess men in order to have sex and conceive?

And, if the Nephilim were born from spiritual conception, did they have a spirit inside of them that continued on in the earth, perhaps along with the demons, (or maybe are part of where some of the demons came from), when they died?

Comments?

God Bless!

They were not conceived, they were created....
Not all angels look the same; some are described as being very beautiful and some are not. Apparently they are all male. If there were ever any female angels, it is not revealed in the Word of God. Only one sex among angels means that all angels were directly "created." This explains in part some of the events of Genesis 6. Also we learn from this passage that at one time in history fallen angels had sexual relations (with the daughters of men).

These angels (demons) were cast into the "PIT" at the time of the flood. They will be released again in the last 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation!

Upvote 0