Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe there are multiple gospels,

Neither does Paul.
In fact He teaches in Galatians that if you or me, or an angel preach "any other Gospel" then HIS.........JUST HIS.. then : Galatians 1:8

And Acts 2:38 is not what Paul Preaches.

Paul calls this Gospel He was personally given by Jesus..."MY Gospel"
He says this 3x in the NT.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟309,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither does Paul.
In fact He teaches in Galatians that if you or an angle preach "any other Gospel" then HIS.........JUST HIS.. then : Galatians 1:8

And Acts 2:38 is not what Paul Preaches.

Paul calls this Gospel He was personally given by Jesus..."MY Gospel"
He says this 3x in the NT.
The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

The gospel is a message of grace that is to be received through faith. The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works (including water baptism) to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It means that the correct understanding of the process of Redemption, is not about water....its about the BLOOD OF JESUS and the CROSS of Christ and Faith that is counted by God as "righteousness", and water has no part in that, at all.

That's incorrect

Jesus was water immersed "to fulfill all righteousness" so yes, water immersion plays a role. Not in the initial human spirit regeneration, but afterwards, as a witness to our Spiritual immersion and a pre-requisite towards being filled with The Holy Spirit.

If it had no role in the process of salvation, then Jesus would not have given us an example to follow.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works (including water baptism) to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.

Yes.

Paul also said that the Jews "being IGNORANT of GOD's Righteousness"..

See that "ignorance"?

God's Righteousness is : The Cross of Christ... the Blood Atonement, and the GRACE of God.

"JEWS' and heretics try to perform for God, to be accepted........ they try to achieve God's acceptance it by = SELF Righteousness.

"SELF Righteousness" is : "ignorant of GOD's Righteousness".

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟170,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's incorrect

Jesus was water immersed "to fulfill all righteousness" so yes, water immersion plays a role. Not in the initial human spirit regeneration, but afterwards, as a witness to our Spiritual immersion and a pre-requisite towards being filled with The Holy Spirit.

If it had no role in the process of salvation, then Jesus would not have given us an example to follow.
Jesus kept all the law and fulfilled all righteousness, we cant do that we have all failed but he cold and did for us. But now we are not under the law if we walk in the grace through faith and in the Spirit,

We don;t begin in the Spirit and then seek to add to that by any works of the law to be made perfect.

As scripture shows.

“But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.” (Galatians 5:18 KJV)

"For what the
law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:3.4 KJV)

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟309,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

Paul also said that the Jews "being IGNORANT of GOD's Righteousness"..

See that "ignorance"?

God's Righteousness is : The Cross of Christ... the Blood Atonement, and the GRACE of God.

"JEWS' and heretics try to perform for God, to be accepted........ they try to achieve God's acceptance it by = SELF Righteousness.

"SELF Righteousness" is : "ignorant of GOD's Righteousness".
Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

SELF righteousness is a major stumbling block.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

SELF righteousness is a major stumbling block.

Absolutely.

JEWS, religious jews......they believe they are "married to moses law"...
They Literally believe that..
So, for them to "convert to belief in Messiah".. is to them "committing adultery".
Really.

And Unbelievers, tend to think.....>"well, if my good deeds outweigh my bad deeds, over my lifetime, then God will score that to my account and keep me after i die".

And CHRISTians, who are "fallen from Grace" are basically just like the unbelievers.. as they think like this..

"Jesus started my Salvation, but now I HAVE TO KEEP IT by BEHAVIOR and DEEDS"..

They have forgotten that they came to God as a dirty rotten sinner, never having done anything for God, and God "saved them while they were YET A SINNER"..

But now, they are eaten up with SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and are "performing to try to = STAY SAVED".....

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟170,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are some who teach that the "Gospel" is : Acts 2:38.
You share many things I can agree with here. The Acts 2:38 groups do often add water baptism wrong to the gospel using these verses in that section.

But we can agree that Peter was going to the temple and still connected strongly to the law and customs of the Jews. He still had Johns water baptism as part of the Old Covenant in his mind.

But I do believe that God by the Spirit gave Peter right words and he spoke to the light he had and God used what he said in the whole chapter to help the Jewish believers get saved.

The expression "in the name of Jesus Christ" is important. This immersion or baptism into the name or into jesus Christ is a spiritual aspect even if men only see water baptism. For by one Spirit are we ALL baptized into one body. To be in the name of Jesus Christ and do all thing in his name is to be immersed into the life character authority and power of jesus Christ. Where we are in him and he is in us. This is where by faith Christ dwells in our heart.
Now, if you are familiar with Christianity, then you know that everyone is invited to become a Christian......Jews, Gentiles,.........
>"The World"... = John 3:16.
Yes agreed
So, one of the things we find out about the NT, is... = if an Apostle does not know something then they can't teach it until they know it.
this is true a person cannot go against his conscience, (with knowledge) to do so can be sin. So they were only able to walk in the light they had been given and understood so far. Paul says

"For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 2 2Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin." (Romans 14:20-23 KJV)

Jesus told them that there was much more to learn later. So in Acts we see a sort of transformation or transition from the old to the New covenant in their understanding.

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." (John 16:13 KJV)

We know that the believing Jewish people still struggled with the law and customs of the Jews many many many years after Christ death. We read in Acts 21 that Paul went to see the Jewish believers and James met him and told him how many thousands of Jews there were that believed and they are all zealous of the law and the customs. They were still going in the temple and sacrificing animals for many, many years.

Many christians are not aware of this in Acts 21. Here is the proof

"And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. 22 What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come. 23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.
And Peter, who was the Act 2:38 preacher, did not understand the Gospel of the Grace of God, until Acts 15. = Not until He was taught it by Paul.
I believe Peter did understand the grace of God in measure. He said in Acts 15

"And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they." (Acts 15:7-11 KJV)

But you might say that was later after Acts 15. But Peter knew this at least from Acts 10. But lets look at Acts 2 and see if we see the grace and gospel there. Remember I do agree that peter was still struggling or involved with the law and sacrifices and the temple stil. But even in the OT men were saved by grace through faith not of the law. Abraham had the gospel preached before unto him. So if even Abraham could have the gospel preached to him them Peter also could and others as well even though they were under the law still. Its if they trusted in the works of the law for salvation and their own works, they would fail and not be in the grace. We read,

“Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language...Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.”” (Acts 2:6, 11 KJV)

we don't know exactly what they heard. It can be assumed they heard about the grace of Gods salvation through Jesus and many things, then we read

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Acts 2:21 KJV)

when a person is humbled and repents towards God and calls upon him for his mercy and grace to be saved this is grace not works. Peter did n;t say all who do this or that will earn their way to acceptance. No, simply calling on the name of the Lord. Paul says similar when he says,

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:10-13 KJV)

Notice it says call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Peter did say to be immersed (baptized ) in or into the name of Jesus Christ. We also read,

“Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.” (Acts 2:22-24 KJV)

So Peter speaks of Jesus doing wonders and miracles and teaching among them for a long time and they knew about many of these things. So they also would have heard jesus words about faith and believing to have life etc. Then Peter speaks the gospel of the death of Christ for sin and the resurrection. His death was for their sins and Peter says they with wicked hands crucified him.

Then we read,

“Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:” (Acts 2:26 KJV)

this is similar to Paul saying in Romans 10 with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Again, grace, through faith.

“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.” (Acts 2:36 KJV)

Here we see that Jesus is the Christ, the messiah, saviour. So if men are saved by Jesus Christ they are not saved by their own works or flesh, for then they would not need Jesus to be Christ for them. So this and other verses imply strongly that men are saved by grace through faith in jesus Christ as their saviour who died for their sins and was risen again.

Now Peter says

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”" * Acts 2:38 KJV)

so we see that repentance is needed and to be immersed into the name of jesus Christ which is only by grace through faith. Now it is understood that the Jews also water baptized as well following Johns water baptism. But Jesus in Chapter one spoke of the end of Johns water baptism.We also know that without the shedding of blood is no remission, and we are washed from our sins in the blood of Christ. He said

“For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.” (Acts 1:5 KJV)

This was remembered again when the Gentiles were coming into the outward fold in Acts 10. Peter remembered this then. Perhaps Jesus was telling peter that the Gentiles do not need to be water baptized or follow the law that they were coming out of. It would not make sense to bring gentiles under the law and the later to have them come out of it.We see that in Acts 15 they at least agreed that the gentiles do not need to keep the law as they thought they did.
Its like this reader, ... Many people and denominations consider Acts 2:38 as the Gospel... and these people are very strong proponents for "Water baptism"..
Yes, many mistakenly add water baptism to the gospel. Paul clearly said Christ sent him not to baptize but to preach the gospel.Showing the]at the gospel ( 1 Cor 15 in the same letter) and water baptism are not the same and that water baptism is not part of the gospel.. Paul primarily went to the gentiles and they were not to be brought under the law or OT shadows as Johns water baptism was. It was among the diverse washings imposed upon the Jews until the time of reformation, Hebrews 9 KJV.
In Fact they are so into the water aspect that they read that "Noah was saved by water" and can't understand that Had NOAH and Family gotten out of that ARK, then Noah and Family, would have DIED in that FLOOD WATER JUDGEMENT.
That saving baptism Peter speaks of in 1 Peter 3:21 is not referring to water baptism many misunderstood it. The conscience and inward witness is where n\]believers are immersed into Christ and risen with him. We have a full assurance by the resurrection and are also risen with him. We have the inner knowledge now.
See, it was the ARK that kept them OUT of the WATER, is why they LIVED.., as that wooden ARK is not just their Salvation from that water, but its symbolic of the Cross of Christ that was WOOD, (A TREE) , and Christ on it, is our ARK .
How?
Christ on that WOOD, takes the Judgement for our sin, just as Noah's Ark saved Noah and Family from the WATER that was God's Judgment.
Yes, in part, the ark can represent being in Christ raised up above the old word of judgement to the heavens as we are raised up with him to the newness of life.Noah means rest or resting place, so in Christ we are at rest or peace and com into a new life.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟170,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now let me show you a few things..
Now let me show you a few things..

First, Peter was not water baptized in Acts 2:38. and you can read it for yourself.
Yes, they were not water baptized again as we understand. So this would speak against those who say that Johns water baptism and the New testament water baptism are different. If Peter only had Johns water baptism then according to some he would not be saved.
So, we could stop right there, as that proves that WATER is not going to save anything, when the very person who is telling those JEWS to get in the water, was not himself water baptized that day.
true
But lets continue, as some of you, are waking up, and some of you are learning something you need to know.

= NONE in the "upper room" were water baptized in Acts 2:38, and you can read it for yourself.
And Peter and those same were speaking with tongues, yet none were water baptized., in Acts 2:38
this is a point some don't see
Water Baptism, began before Jesus showed up, Reader.
Its a big part of the Jewish OT Situation, and you've read that John The Baptist.. (John the Water Baptizer) was baptizing Jews long before Jesus showed up, and this saved NONE of them.. It washed NONE of their sin away.
true. Johns water baptism was part of the shadows and figures of the OT. Of the diverse washings and carnal ordinances imposed upon the Jews until the time of reformation.

"Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; 10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation." (Hebrews 9:9,10 KJV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟170,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now how do you know that Peter didnt know anything about the "Gospel of the Grace of God in Acts 2"?
I answered this earlier. He did know of the grace of God. But he was still coming out of the law and the temple system.As we can see even in Acts 2 he was going to the temple.
Its because Peter didnt know that Gentiles could be saved, until 10 yrs after Jesus is back in Heaven.
He might have not fully understood this until he had a vision, even though Jesus told them to go to all the world and preach in Matthew and other places.

But Peter did see jesus speak to other Gentiles during Jesus ministry. He said of a Roman centurian that he never found so great a faith , no not in all Israel,And Jesus spoke to the woman at the well and other gentiles who he blessed and helped. So Peter may have seen all this and still was troubled about his own work in this or needed to be sent with more instruction as he did eventually. Also there is o doubt Peter was still dealing with the law and customs and Halakah law even as we see in scripture.

Also Peter would have know about the salvation of gentiles from the OT and how some were made converts by Isreal throughout histroy and in his time also.
So, if you dont KNOW that Jews and Gentiles can both be saved, then you dont understand God's Salvation, according to how PAUL was sent to teach it, by Revelation from JESUS Himself.
Peter did I agree, not have understanding on many things and at first the gospel was to the jews even Paul alludes to this when he said,

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16 KJV)

Read Acts of the Apostles... Chapter 10, written a decade after Jesus is back in Heaven., and discover that Peter didnt know that Gentiles could be saved... YET.. SO....= God had to give Peter a vision, to cause Him to UNDERSTAND this about Gentiles.
So, You can't preach the true Gospel, that includes GENTILES being saved.... if you dont yet know it.
And that is why Acts 2:38, is NOT The Gospel.
There is some truth here. Peter seemed to shy away from his ministry to the gentiles in part. Maybe he did not in understand or know how to do this or was still struggling with the law. It is hard to know if he knew they could be saved or not. But he for sure did not have certain knowledge. So in Acts 2 he was speaking to Jews and not gentles and still attached to the temple and the law and customs of the Jews. He may not have had a deep understanding of the new Covenant and the old one fading away ready to vanish yet. o he could only speak to what he knew.
And here is one more.
Paul said...>"Christ sent me NOT to water baptize"........and that does not mean that we are not to be water baptized.
It actually does say this I believe. Paul was sent to the gentiles primarily and the gentiles did not need to be brought under outward shadows and forms and the diverse washings (baptimos) of the jews. But many of them were and many tried to make the gentiles live as the Jews

“But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? (Galatians 2:14 KJV)
See reader to understand the TRUE Gospel..... in "the time of the Gentiles".. and we are in it....
It means that the correct understanding of the process of Redemption, is not about water....its about the BLOOD OF JESUS and the CROSS of Christ and Faith that is counted by God as "righteousness", and water has no part in that, at all.
yes, not water baptism in any way added to the gospel. We do not see water baptism in 1 Cor 15:1-4 or circumcision, or the Mosaic law, or Sabbaths, or tithing or any works of man etc.
It was in Acts 15, that Peter learned what Paul knew, that Paul learned from Jesus, and from that point, all the Apostles understood "Paul's Gospel of the Grace of God" that is not related to water baptism.
Peter knew of the grace to the gentiles from Acts 10 and possibly before. But Paul reinforced it for sure. the Spirit of God was showing them many things if they could bear them.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

That's interesting as Peter didn't know the Gospel, 10 Yrs after Jesus said that to Him.
But in Acts 15, all the Apostles came into the understanding, after Paul was there with them.
Peter seems to be very "lawish" at times.. .as on another occasion, Paul said that THEY"didnt walk uprightly according to the TRUTH"., and Peter was the reason, and Paul chastised Him.

But you might say that was later after Acts 15. But Peter knew this at least from Acts 10.

Ive not read that Peter knew The Gospel that Paul taught, before Acts 15.

when a person is humbled and repents towards God and calls upon him for his mercy

Yes, when a person repents of their unbelief, and turns to FAITH in Christ then they have given God the repentance that God accepts.

So Peter speaks of Jesus doing wonders and miracles and teaching among them for a long time and they knew about many of these things.

And that is because Peter is talking to Jews.

And Jews look for signs, and that is also why Jesus did miracles, as these were a sign to the Jews.

1 Corinthians 1:22

Now Peter says

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”" * Acts 2:38 KJV)

Yet this "gift" if one is referring to it as "Spiritual Gifts" and not "regeneration of the Spirit"....

If we are talking about spiritual Gifts, the Peter and the "upper room" believers all spoke with Gift #9 on Paul's List of "Spiritual Gifts".. and yet none of them were water Baptized, in Acts 2:38.

That saving baptism Peter speaks of in 1 Peter 3:21

That is the "washing of Regeneration" by the word".

This is explained in this verse...

"One Lord, one faith, one BAPTISM", and that is not Water.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
true. Johns water baptism was part of the shadows and figures of the OT.

"the like FIGURE (symbolic) .. water baptism does not also save us"..

Of course that's symbolic, as its Jesus on the Cross who is doing the Saving, not water Baptism.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I answered this earlier. He did know of the grace of God.

But he didnt preach that Gospel in Acts 2.

He told them....."you killed your messiah"... so now "repent and get wet"

That is not Paul's Gospel.

Paul does not tell you to repent.

Paul's Gospel is "the Preaching of the Cross, is the POWER OF GOD... unto Salvation"

That is not "repent and get wet" that Peter is preaching in Acts 2:38

He might have not fully understood this until he had a vision, even though Jesus told them to go to all the world and preach in Matthew and other places.

Yes... like Mark 16..... "go into the world and make DISCIPLES".

However....You can be a Disciple and not be a CHRISTian.

Like these.

"Depart from me (Disciples who are casting out Demons using Jesus's Name)....

"Depart from me (Disciples) as i never knew you".

Hell is filled with water baptized disciples.
Why?

Because Jesus said...>"you must be BORN AGAIN".... and you can be a disciple and not be born again. You can be water baptized and not be born again.

But Peter did see jesus speak to other Gentiles during Jesus ministry.

And Christ healed some Gentiles, however Jesus came to the House of Israel, and Peter knew that part, but not that the Cross of Christ is John 3:16

"for the WORLD, i sent my Son"... = for Gentiles and Jews.

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16 KJV)

The "gospel of CHRIST" .. is "the preaching of the CROSS of Christ" = Paul's Gospel

Not "repent and get wet". = Acts 2:38

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟134,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is true.

Now, many "water cults" teach that without the city water supply getting you wet (water baptism) then you can't be saved.

God does not agree with that, as only JESUS SAVES, ...... not water, and not works.
Ok. We both agree on that. Anyways, I have more important stuff to do. God bless. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus kept all the law and fulfilled all righteousness, we cant do that we have all failed but he cold and did for us. But now we are not under the law if we walk in the grace through faith and in the Spirit,

We don;t begin in the Spirit and then seek to add to that by any works of the law to be made perfect.

As scripture shows.

“But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.” (Galatians 5:18 KJV)

"For what the
law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:3.4 KJV)

Water immersion has nothing to do with the law.

We imitate Christ, we follow His example,..... if we want to do those things He did, as He said we would if we are believers in Him. He expects us to be doing His works, as scripture says, and His water immersion and subsequent filling of The Spirit are our examples to follow.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Water immersion has nothing to do with the law.

When John the Baptist said to the Lord Jesus THE Christ......."it is i who should be baptized by YOU"... Jesus said...

Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.”

So, to "fulfill all RIGHTEOUSNESS", is exactly and specifically related to being """under the LAW"

Jesus was THE Virgin born God-Man , born under the LAW, and that is why he had to be water baptized.

He is fulfilling the law for us all, so that we can be esteemed by God, as if we did it.

= "imputed RIGHTEOUSNESS of Christ".

We imitate Christ, we follow His example,.

Do it like this..

Philippians 3:17

Upvote 0