How to search for his face or his throne

heal92

Mar 28, 2013
✟7,637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I heard many preachers saying that we should seek his face.
and I did try to seek his face... but I do not know exactly what it is...
sometimes I just close my eyes and gaze in front of me, I do not picture anything, but I can feel his presence.

and sometimes I try to picture his face (including some of the upper body of Sweet Jesus:amen:) and I can feel his presence, one time When I did it I could picture him really clearly... I think it was done by holy spirit...

my question number 1 is...

am I doing right??? Is it seeking his face???
I do not know exact definition of seeking his face... so I am little confused...

Because sometimes even when I picture Jesus, I don't feel anything... so I am not sure if I am doing right...

my question number 2 is...

I have never really saw Jesus in my life (with my physical eyes). so I do not know how he looks like... how can I picture him when I do not know how he looks like? should I just picture silhouete of his face????

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
There is no single method to connecting with another person/being, but thanking Him for what He has done opens you up to appreciation for who He is.

I also like to prepare myself for a church service or whatever by asking Him to work through me, breathe His presence and will through me so I'm more focused on the needs around me, as well as on Him. Being in God's presence doesn't necessarily mean it's just between you and God, because He also asks us to love others. The greatest is...

So instead of turning worship into a spiritual experience for you, ask Him what He wants for that moment. It might be different every time.

Upvote 0

lightandglory

Mar 4, 2014
Belize
✟15,220.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Seeking God's face is not imagining how he looks, but how we have relationship with him. Relationship begins with believing that He is the Lord and Savior and that you want him to come in to your heart and lead you . Be your guidance. After this you need to get away from worldly things and just get close to him by praying and worshiping. I personally went to 21 days fasting for this purpose. Put Him priority. Above anything else. This will lead you to start having relationship with him. he will send signs to your life, he will speak with you and answer your prayers. He will tell yo your purpose in this world. Dont forget ITS ALL ABOUT HIM!!

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Might want to spend more time to -
- deliberately focus on Yahweh
-
thanksgiving, praising Him,
- play some music ((like religious Christmas lyrics that are about Him),
- focus on Scripture such as Psa 145 (love audio Bibles at biblegateway.com)
- think about some of His titles, names, and attributes and
- sing a song to an audience of One (can change a song's lyrics or make up the lyrics), etc. yet listening.

There's joy in His presence Psa 16:11 also I Thess 5:17; John 4:24; Psa 46:10, 69:30; 71:23; and 100:4.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In 2 Chronicles 20 we have a tremendous story that I have never heard a message preached on (though I myself have brought a message from a "sister passage" of Exodus 14):

I pray the Word of God is taught here in such a way that brings edification to the saints.

2 Chronicles 20:1-22 After this the Moabites and Ammonites, and with them some of the Meunites, came against Jehoshaphat for battle. 2 Some men came and told Jehoshaphat, "A great multitude is coming against you from Edom, from beyond the sea; and, behold, they are in Hazazon-tamar" (that is, Engedi). 3 Then Jehoshaphat was afraid and set his face to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. 4 And Judah assembled to seek help from the LORD; from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD. 5 And Jehoshaphat stood in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the LORD, before the new court, 6 and said, "O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not God in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. In your hand are power and might, so that none is able to withstand you. 7 Did you not, our God, drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel, and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham your friend? 8 And they have lived in it and have built for you in it a sanctuary for your name, saying, 9 'If disaster comes upon us, the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we will stand before this house and before you--for your name is in this house--and cry out to you in our affliction, and you will hear and save.' 10 And now behold, the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir, whom you would not let Israel invade when they came from the land of Egypt, and whom they avoided and did not destroy-- 11 behold, they reward us by coming to drive us out of your possession, which you have given us to inherit. 12 O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you." 13 Meanwhile all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children. 14 And the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, son of Benaiah, son of Jeiel, son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. 15 And he said, "Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the LORD to you, 'Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's. 16 Tomorrow go down against them. Behold, they will come up by the ascent of Ziz. You will find them at the end of the valley, east of the wilderness of Jeruel. 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the LORD on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.' Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the LORD will be with you." 18 Then Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell down before the LORD, worshiping the LORD. 19 And the Levites, of the Kohathites and the Korahites, stood up to praise the LORD, the God of Israel, with a very loud voice. 20 And they rose early in the morning and went out into the wilderness of Tekoa. And when they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, "Hear me, Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem! Believe in the LORD your God, and you will be established; believe his prophets, and you will succeed." 21 And when he had taken counsel with the people, he appointed those who were to sing to the LORD and praise him in holy attire, as they went before the army, and say, "Give thanks to the LORD, for his steadfast love endures forever." 22 And when they began to sing and praise, the LORD set an ambush against the men of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah, so that they were routed.

We have here a MOST tremendous story! May we learn well from it.

Jehoshaphat was king in Judah, and was nearing the end of his godly reign, when he received some quite distressing news. A massive army was heading his way to destroy his kingdom and Jerusalem. Fear began to set in for our godly king, when he fell back on the One he knew could not fail him, Yahweh.

In verse 3 of our text we read, Then Jehoshaphat was afraid and set his face to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. The thing King Jehoshaphat did, the only logical thing to do, was to set his face to seek the Lord. I believe Jehoshaphat was well versed in the Psalms, as we read there "Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. (Ps 105:4)" and more specifically this Psalm of David, 27:

Psalms 27:1-14 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. 3 Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. 4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. 5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. 6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the LORD. 7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me! 8 You have said, "Seek my face." My heart says to you, "Your face, LORD, do I seek." 9 Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation! 10 For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in. 11 Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies. 12 Give me not up to the will of my adversaries; for false witnesses have risen against me, and they breathe out violence. 13 I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! 14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

Seems David and Jehoshaphat were of the same heart and mind, when trouble rose, Yahweh could be depended upon for deliverance. They just needed to seek His face and be courageous as they waited for Him.

So we see 5 things from the text of 2 Chr 20 that are key to the principle of seeking the LORD continually:

1) Jehoshaphat proclaimed a fast! (v3)
According to Isaiah 58:6-11, fasting according to the LORD's way will bring us answers to our prayers, healing, and satisfaction. Jesus said that as we fast in secret, our Father would reward us openly. Jehoshaphat knew this principle well and put it into practice as a key element in seeking the LORD.

2) Jehoshaphat and all Judah prayed! (vv5-12)
Prayer has always been one of the most, if not the most, essential elements to man's relationship with God. As Jehoshaphat decided to seek the face of Yahweh, he knew he had to bow to the earth before Yahweh and cry out from his heart before him. Great men and women of faith have always practiced this essential act of faith. Paul gave us one of the most profound teachings and statements on prayer in the Bible when he said to be anxious about nothing, but in all things with prayer and petition along with thanksgiving make our requests known to God and that His peace would guard our hearts and minds and that God is able to do above and beyond what we ask or even think! Jehoshaphat knew this principle well!

3) All Judah humbled themselves (v9, 12)
Jehoshaphat's statement in v12, "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you." would make most cringe if they heard their nation's leader(s) acknowledge this. Jehoshaphat though was more concerned with his heart attitude before Yahweh than about what some may have thought about his apparent ignorance to take care of the situation. He knew in his heart, way before Peter and James wrote, that God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. Unlike most of the monarchs of the divided kingdom he did not put his trust in horses and chariots, but his trust was in Yahweh, his God! (Ps 20:7)

4) As the king prayed, the entire assembly waited upon the Lord (v13)
"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (Ps 27:14) "none who wait for you shall be put to shame (Ps 25:3)" "Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. (Ps 25:5) "Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me! Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you. (Ps 25:20-21) Jehoshaphat was well versed in the Psalms and prayers of David his father! Indeed even before Isaiah, Jehoshaphat knew that those who "wait for the Lord will renew their strength and mount with wings as eagles! (Is 40:31) Notice that the entire nation who had assembled before the Lord was in silence before Him, waiting in anticipation for Him to answer! And He did! Wow did He ever!

5) Jehoshaphat and all Judah praised and worshipped their God and King (vv18-21)
As they received their answer, their hearts flooded with joy and thanksgiving! Can you imagine, in one second, being in death's grip because you know you have no strength to make it through the coming storm, and in the next second the Creator of all things tells you that the disaster meant for you will instead befall those who are coming against you? Wow! What a word by a lonely priest who is not heard from again. But if you had to give a word of prophecy by the Spirit, make it count right? Wow, the battle is not yours, but the LORD's! Then they all did the only reasonable thing remaining to do, they worshipped the God of Israel and praised His holy name! As they praised, the Lord then set an ambush against the assailants and they were routed!

I believe He says this to us all today, the battles you face are not yours, but His! You must not strive in them any longer! Turn to the Lord, using this wonderful story from 2 Chr 20 as your guide, let the Lord show you His wonders as you seek His face and strength continually! Be blessed and may the God of all creation rest upon you! Amen!

Upvote 0