Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think I've heard of the book. I've had a sour feeling about Starbucks since 9/11 when they charged NYC's rescue workers for their bottled waters. Since then, my hubby hasn't touched the stuff. I've never liked their coffee. Too strong. But, to each his/her own!!!

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well, whatever Starbucks has done..........I still like them! Many corportate America businesses do things that the public does not approve of. Plus.......Starbucks is ranked, I believe, in the top 10 military spouse friendly jobs!!!!!! :p

That's very true. We can try our best to avoid businesses that are blatantly immoral, like ones that openly support Planned Genocide and its ilk, but the truth is even our governments have committed crimes against the Orthodox Faith.

Upvote 0
K

Kolya

but the truth is even our governments have committed crimes against the Orthodox Faith.

We're off topic again, but that's kind of the sum of it. The Big Fish at the top are all related. We're just the "bottom feeders".

At least our Lord spoke the truth when he said in the Kingdom of Heaven, the last shall be first and the first shall be last. But I digressed.

Back to the book. I haven't bought the book yet. But regarding the background of the author - not one of us is without sin, that we may "cast the first stone". I don't think I would be brave enough to document my life to now.

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.:crosseo:

Reactions: Tsarina
Upvote 0

zebu

Nov 13, 2005
✟7,780.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
That is pretty sad!

I wonder if they still sell the coffee - I might have to get some.
The monastery does in fact still sell coffee! Including their Christmas Blend! However, it being past Christmas, I don't believe that is available anymore. They make several other types though, and those are always available. I live somewhat close to the monastery, and some grocery stores stock their coffee. I was actually at this monastery yesterday...You can order their coffee at their website: www.vashonmonks.com.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.